Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know GLForce...  
Full Name  
Nickname GLForce 
State/Province, Country Quebec   Canada
GD Gathering City Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1027  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/7/2006 7:35:42 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Z-fighting ? I am currently programming a simple 3D engine and currently I'm working on more "advanced" features such as terrain. Now here is the problem, I've just added a water plane and on the intersection between this plane and the hills from my ter... 
Posted April 27, 2009 2:51:18 PM
Simle HLSL cubemap reflection I recently started to play around with HLSL shaders. I'm currently trying to make real simple water, with bump mapping and cubempa reflection. Now my problem is with that actual cubemap reflection. The code is pretty simple, and for once I under... 
Posted April 17, 2009 4:25:02 PM
C++ strange line I tought i knew C++ well, but after what ive seen and can just admit i'm wrong. I've followed a tutorial on collision (the collision part is not really revelent), and some line got me a headache. First, ive never seen such a syntax in C++, and t... 
Posted January 12, 2006 7:41:20 PM
DirectInput, tilde key Does someone know what is the code for the tilde key (~, the one commonly used to show console), for directinput keystate. Ive searched like crazy and never found it. Thanks. 
Posted January 11, 2006 11:24:39 AM
FPS Weapon This could be a general subject, but im searching for a precise answer in relation with DirectX. I'm currently working on a game engine and now im on the first person wepon part. You know the arm with a gun who always follow you everywhere... 
Posted January 9, 2006 10:43:52 AM
Point sprite alpha (DirectX 9 C++) I have problems with point sprites. I've followed the sdk code and all worked fine, if you look at the point sprites alone. Because with the rest of the objects in ym engine, there is problem. Transperency seems to work in a strange way. Alpha states... 
Posted January 7, 2006 8:05:46 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Landfall 0.40 (colonization remake) Nice, the selected colony is Quebec, that's where I live :D Oh and great project by the way ;) 
Posted August 22, 2010 12:04:47 PM
2d mmo started I may be totally wrong, and I'm deeply sorry if I am, but I just want to help you here. Just by reading your post I get the idea that you don't necessarily have the knowledge and resources required to build even the most basic MMORPG. I don't say tha... 
Posted August 24, 2009 8:52:25 AM
[Effect Files] Whats the best approach to deal with many effects in the same model? I'm pretty interested in the anwer myself, as I have some hard time figuring a good way. 
Posted August 18, 2009 4:48:23 PM
x-file mesh collision (tetris) I think what he meant was to use one boundind box per rectangular shape in a mesh. For example, in a T or a L there would be two bounding boxes required (one for the vertical part and one for the horizontal one). On the other hand... 
Posted August 5, 2009 10:55:10 AM
resources and directory structure Personnaly, I prefer to organize my engine directories by taking each resource type as its own. Example : - Data --- Models (Meshes) --- Textures --- Shaders --- Sounds --- ect.. The way they act together and the hierarchy of the structure... 
Posted July 16, 2009 1:15:54 PM
Z-fighting ? Quote: Have a read of Learning to Love your Z-Buffer. It's in the context of OpenGL but otherwise sound. Now I get it. I always thought (and I guess I'm not alone) that the z-buffer was linear. Of course it's more logical to do it non-linear, b... 
Posted April 27, 2009 4:32:23 PM
Z-fighting ? I just tried depth biasing and it doesn't seem to work. Like you said, resuolts may vary on different hardware and it seems it won't work on mine. Anyway, the problem was already solved by putting a near plane distance of about 5, which isi... 
Posted April 27, 2009 4:27:08 PM
Z-fighting ? It worked, thanks alot. WHat I find odd is that I read somethign about the distance between clipping planes and so I tried to get the Far Plane closer to the camera. It didin't work. However, just pushing the near plane a few clicks forward made it.... 
Posted April 27, 2009 4:15:25 PM
Simle HLSL cubemap reflection It was actually pretty clear. Wow, nice find. Such a small thing it was, but I would never have found it. Thank you alot. Sadly, I did my water a new way. You see, as the reflection is computed in the pixel shader, I use it to add nice waves by displ... 
Posted April 22, 2009 6:10:22 PM
Simle HLSL cubemap reflection I find it quite difficult to understand some things in HLSL. Like I said, interpolation seems to give different results depending on data sent or recieved. The best example is per-pixel lighting. The calclations are mostly made in the pixel shad... 
Posted April 22, 2009 2:17:23 PM
View All Replies Made By This User