Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know SuperVGA...  
Full Name  
Nickname SuperVGA 
State/Province, Country Frederiksborg   Denmark
GD Gathering City Birkerod, Frederiksborg, Denmark
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1083  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/10/2008 11:14:55 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
OpenGL - Console application when compiled with MingW Hello everyone! How are you? I'm great. I recently defended my Bachelor of IT-Engineering to a pretty nice grade. Now it's time to get back to business. Therefore, I'm again putting some time into my projects at home. :) Anyway, i just str... 
Posted December 30, 2010 5:09:07 PM
GLSL - Is there really no way to read and write in one go? Hello everyone! I was thinking, if my fragment shader writes something. Anything, really, is it not possible to use that in an earlier stage for the next vertex? I just want to check on the vertex stage for the next vertex, wether something... 
Posted December 5, 2010 1:55:26 PM
Searching for an efficient way to sample one of multiple textures in shader Phew, long title! Alright I would like to sample one of 8 textures, but only my shader decides which texture to sample. I refer to the texture in the shader very often, and thus it becomes slow to branch like this: vec4 cola; if(texi... 
Posted September 20, 2010 3:40:54 AM
Excess fragment operations Hello everyone, I've been searching on google -and in the forums for early z-test, and found a lot of stuff. I'm not sure I understand it however. I have an expensive fragment shader, and I'm feeling there's overdraw sometimes. I think t... 
Posted September 8, 2010 4:39:03 AM
Is it possible to erase instead of drawing? Hello everyone, Yes, this is sort of a strange issue. I am drawing sort of a mask/stencil to a framebuffer, whos texture i sample in my fragment shader. The fragment shader decides how to draw, or whether to draw at all, by examining this sa... 
Posted September 1, 2010 3:22:01 PM
Best way to create VBO from std::vector? Hello everyone! I'm trying to fill vertex information into a std::vector, and would like to create a vertex buffer object from it's contents afterwards. As a vector also stores data in a continuous block of memory, I thought that'd be easy. I wa... 
Posted August 19, 2010 7:18:58 AM
VBO Color Problems Hello everyone, I'm trying to pack my homemade vertex struct into a VBO and send it off to be rendered. Currently, it looks like I got the geometry right. The trouble concerns the colours, that are a part of my struct: struct opaque_vertex ... 
Posted August 23, 2010 7:56:53 AM
Orthographic Projection and Depth issue. Hey everybody! For my view class, I'm implementing an option to use either perspective or orthographic projection. I got my shader to write the depth value of my raycast fragments, so that part works excellent in perspective mode. I have a couple... 
Posted August 10, 2010 4:39:34 AM
Texture Units, Shaders and Binding? Hello everyone. I've been searching the forums for a matching issue, but I'm not sure other people have been needing a so basic explanation of things. Perhaps that means I'm dumber than those guys, I dunno. :/ Anyway, I'm just putting a few e... 
Posted August 5, 2010 7:11:04 AM
[solved] Bad fragment depth value from shader Hey guys, I'm having some issues with my shader. It's pretty large so I'll attempt to post only the related parts. I have two overlapping boxes. One rendered with the default pipeline, and one rendered with my raycaster shader. Now... 
Posted July 27, 2010 5:48:09 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
OpenGL - Console application when compiled with MingW Oh! Removed the -Wl -bit! Thanks for the help, man! It's nice to have so quick people around on GD. Have a happy newyear CRYP7IK, right! 
Posted December 30, 2010 5:39:42 PM
OpenGL - Console application when compiled with MingW Yeah i thought that too, i just thought maybe i was suppressing it somehow through the way i compile and link. - I got: int main(int argc, char **argv) , which i think should be sufficient. Note i haven't changed any of my code since i built it t... 
Posted December 30, 2010 5:37:18 PM
Following A Path...What am I missing?!? Many aTan implementations return the angle in radians. Is this what you want? Because you were talking about degrees. Edit: nevermind, your code looks nice and generic. 
Posted December 15, 2010 10:31:19 AM
Recommend Wii/PS3 Games to play with my wife? Quote:Original post by d000hg Quote:Original post by HuntsMan Little Big Planet!She's already got it, and loves it. It's too level-based for me, and also too cooperative... we'd end up having a fight when I got bored and starting messing about, the... 
Posted December 11, 2010 5:35:10 PM
Dev-C++ doesn't work anymore If you want to teach your friend the basics, Scratch all IDEs and teach him >g++ test.cpp That will suffice for compiling all simple files. The next step with headers and inclusion of object modules Is still easy in the command line. I ag... 
Posted December 11, 2010 5:29:14 PM
DREAM act! Give your friend a bike and help him/her get a job in his neighborhood. That is some good help you can offer, i think! 
Posted December 9, 2010 1:09:45 PM
creating a class for rockets, should i use a static for the models mesh? You don't have to declare your rockets static just to use a single mesh. There are many ways to avoid this, but one would be your class having a reference of some sort, maybe a number or a real reference or pointer, to a mesh. Why not create a... 
Posted December 7, 2010 1:05:58 PM
GLSL - Is there really no way to read and write in one go? Quote:Original post by dpadam450 Quote: Yeah, I'm just trying to decrease overdraw in a call to a single vbo. Then it's multiple passes and texture swapping to achieve what i wanted, i guess. I hope "wanted" means you are not going to try a... 
Posted December 6, 2010 2:21:54 PM
GLSL - Is there really no way to read and write in one go? Yes. Then it's multiple passes and texture swapping to achieve what i wanted, i guess. Thanks! :) 
Posted December 5, 2010 3:08:00 PM
GLSL - Is there really no way to read and write in one go? Yeah, I'm just trying to decrease overdraw in a call to a single vbo. My fragment shader is slow, its a raycaster and the vbo contents approximate a surface of my volume. The order of the vertices doesn't matter, so the next vertex may be anyone. 
Posted December 5, 2010 2:17:36 PM
View All Replies Made By This User