Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know cwharris...  
Full Name  
Nickname cwharris 
State/Province, Country TX   United States
GD Gathering City Allen, TX, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1000  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/14/2010 5:52:06 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
2D "Softshadows" & Occlusion on the GPU This is a 2D Light engine I've been working on the past few days (or give a year, depending on what you want "working on" to include). ----- The shadow hulls are rotated and translated on the cpu, and then all drawn at o... 
Posted April 20, 2010 12:51:42 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Air Aces: Pacific final graphics. want... want now. 
Posted May 4, 2010 12:03:08 PM
2D "Softshadows" & Occlusion on the GPU Here a couple of videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjvsGHXaGEA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw6HmEcU5JE 
Posted April 29, 2010 7:31:45 PM
2D "Softshadows" & Occlusion on the GPU You're absolutely right. In fact the engine does support ambient light. I'm still making improvements to the engine, but the current source can be found on krypton.codeplex.com . It requires the xna framework to compile. If you check it out, let... 
Posted April 29, 2010 2:51:08 PM
Killing Engine 0.91 coming out I'm curious how you're rendering the shadows. Are you computing them on the CPU or GPU? 
Posted April 26, 2010 1:57:29 PM
2D "Softshadows" & Occlusion on the GPU Yeah, the distance based blur is a cool concept, and may come in handing for a post processing effect in 3D games, but for this I think the hard shadows look better than the super blurry shadows. I changed it up a bit though. Appearently, concave... 
Posted April 22, 2010 2:03:14 AM
2D "Softshadows" & Occlusion on the GPU Quote:Original post by mdkess How did you handle soft shadows where the light source is bigger than the shadow caster? Like, if your umbra is a triangle whose peak is inside of the radius of the light? Thats the same question I had before I start... 
Posted April 20, 2010 7:19:07 PM
View All Replies Made By This User