Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know dx elliot...  GDNet+
Full Name  
Nickname dx elliot 
State/Province, Country MD   United States
GD Gathering City Cockeysville, MD, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1148  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/4/2004 8:59:22 AM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net//journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Block Blast! Hello everyone! This is a game that I have been working on since Christmas break. Most of the time was spent polishing the game. My objective was to create a fun, yet dead-simple game that uses cute and polished graphics. This game plays l... 
Posted March 10, 2008 5:21:08 PM
what is a good webhost these days? I'm looking for a reliable and inexpensive webhost that supports mySQL, PHP, and has a cpanel (if they don't all come with that) for a nonbusiness website. For years I used 1portfolio.com. But over the past couple years there have been escalated pr... 
Posted February 10, 2008 10:07:12 PM
force unused classes to remain I inherit all my classes from a base class and use macros CLASS_PROTOTYPE(nameofclasss) //within the class definition and CLASS_DECLARATION(nameofclass, nameofsuperclass) //in the cpp file and more in order to determine if an object... 
Posted April 2, 2007 4:54:21 PM
questions for lefties About one in every ten people are left-handed. I'm right-handed so I want to know some things about you lefties when it comes to video games... Is WASD in left hand and mouse in right hand awkward? Or have you just gotten used to it? How m... 
Posted November 14, 2006 5:42:36 PM
Gem Towers (open source C# game) Hi, I made this game called Gem Towers in the past couple months. An artist named Christian Oesch helped make the castle and terrain, the rest of the media was collected. It turned out.. OK I guess, but I was hoping it would be more fun. I also wa... 
Posted October 31, 2006 9:41:21 PM
macros for function prototypes to definitions So, you wrote that long class declaration in the Header file and you're going to begin writing the definitions in the CPP file? Yeesh, that can be a bit tedious. All you have to do is copy and paste it into the CPP file, highlight it, double clic... 
Posted August 29, 2006 10:48:22 PM
single casted line(?) I just downloaded wxWidgets and I was browsing through some of the files before building them. I noticed some code such as this... static int JPEGEncode(TIFF* tif, tidata_t buf, tsize_t cc, tsample_t s) { JPEGState *sp = JState(tif); tsiz... 
Posted June 21, 2006 7:52:39 PM
Colombia is spelled with an 'o' On the GD Gathering of countries beginning with 'C', the entry "Columbia" should be "Colombia". I know because I used to live in Colombia (the country in South America). I then moved to Columbia, Maryland so people get really confused whenever... 
Posted July 17, 2005 1:07:38 AM
demo3 (screenshots and download) HI I just finished programming my third demo. It's a major step-up when compared to my first demo and previous games. It took me a month and it turned out better than I thought it would. It was programmed with DirectX 9.0 Feb edition (included... 
Posted June 19, 2005 5:09:34 PM
spider portal - 3D first person shooter test hi, I don't have much time so I'll keep this short. Here is something I was working on during this past month... you can download it at here where it also has more information. Hopefully everything is packaged and that the game works... 
Posted March 24, 2005 1:48:55 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
The power of gradient overlay in Swords & Soldiers Thanks for sharing. I really like the game, I played it during the holidays. 
Posted January 4, 2011 8:54:32 PM
Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal I love the art style and interface, it is very presentable. 
Posted June 24, 2010 4:54:48 PM
Chesstacular Interesting, it reminds me of a chess game I made a few years ago. I like the shiny floors. 
Posted April 24, 2008 6:59:00 PM
Block Blast! Quote:Original post by gimbal_ Quote: I'm aware of the game not working on some machines - I think it's a Windows DLL problem [...] runtime library from "multi threaded dll" to "multi threaded". [...] Yes, but unfortunately some of my SD... 
Posted March 12, 2008 3:05:56 PM
Block Blast! Wow, thanks. I'm glad my first bit of feedback is positive. :) Quote:Original post by deadstar [...] the physics aren't behaving on the ball itself. Try hitting the ball hard by quickly moving the puck from left to right, the ball goes t... 
Posted March 11, 2008 5:56:53 PM
Sushi Quote:Original post by d000hgIs it feasible to make your own? [...] I for one have. There are huge asian grocery stores here and there across the united states (e.g. Lotte Plaza) and inside one, near where I live, has a side sushi bar t... 
Posted February 11, 2008 7:43:39 AM
Sushi Yes, sounds like my first experience. But after a couple times it has quickly become my favorite food. For your second time, remember that tuna tends to have the least flavor. California rolls don't have fish (except in the artificial crab meat... 
Posted February 11, 2008 2:05:15 AM
Internships - where to look!? It would not hurt to email all developers in your area, regardless what their website says - usually they are out-of-date. Just make sure you supply a link to your work with lots of screenshots because it helps a great deal. You can consider Gear... 
Posted December 24, 2007 1:56:59 AM
What motivates YOU to do game programming? Quote:Original post by RazeDev It is because you want to make your dream game, because you want to break into the industry? That was what motivated me for a few years.. and then I got hired for the Spring by a very good game company. Since then,... 
Posted December 12, 2007 8:42:42 PM
DEXSOFT-GAMES Huge discount I bought textures from these guys before, the textures are really good quality. 
Posted October 26, 2007 12:06:57 AM
View All Replies Made By This User