Nanodude is an intense, stripped-down 2D shoot-em-up where you must blast legions of reproducing virus cells and other microscopic nasties. It features crisp vector graphics, a smooth funk soundtrack, and the tight, tweaked-to-perfection arcade gameplay. Be prepared for complete addiction!
You are pitted against five different virus types. You have to kill them as they strive to reproduce and kill you, while keeping at least one red blood cell alive. You'll have to learn the strengths and weaknesses of the various enemies to last as long as you can:
- Bloodsucker: a small green ovoid with a distinctive dark nucleus, kills blood cells to create more of its kind... so kill them first.
- Big Bloodsucker: the big brother of the bloodsucker - fatter, faster and freakin' dangerous! Destroy them before they fill the screen with their children. Like the Bloodsucker, Nanodude can plough through these without sustaining damage.
- Shredder: identifiable by its red spikes, this monster doesn't reproduce - instead, it tries to charge down Nanodude - and you don't want to let it hit! Keep as far away as you can from these.
- Gunner: like a Shredder, but with a rotating protein-artillery platform on top. Don't let this momma start firing - 'cause it ain't gonna stop!
- Interceptor: this guy keeps a low profile and tries to get between your fire and other viruses. Only thing is, once he's hit, he explodes into three lethal homing prions.
Not sure about the requirements, should be fairly low.