Pierre is piloting a submarine in the depths of the SeedWeed Sea to collect specimen for study. Beware the Fish! The Fish likes to eat oceanographers, especially in submarines. As Pierre, collect as many of the little red fishies as you can before you are lunch!
This is an updated beta version of "Pierre and the Fish", a short mini-game that I made for the "One Week One Button 2" competition. This version has a few small bugs fixed over the competition version:
changes made from competition version
- added [F3] button to toggle music on/off
- added [PAUSE] button to pause game when running
- added support for 16 bit graphics modes
- fixed problem with window not closing when clicking on the window button
- added icon to the game
- fixed an issue with the fish sprites
- softened the fishie collection sounds
- fixed some minor issues with the windowing system
I am interested in any feedback on your impressions of this game. While I'm only going to be making small changes to "Pierre and the Fish" over the next week before I move on to my next project, any suggestions for improvement will be welcome (as they will help for my next game!).
Have fun dodging the fish!
Windows with OpenGL
Exact specifications are untested; I'd like to know how this runs on low end computers!