|Four Elements III Contest|
- Theme: Four Elements - Water, Wind, Earth, Fire
- Description: Create a demo or game that demonstrates the four elements of water, wind, earth, and fire. You have complete creative freedom over how you want to demonstrate the elements.
- Basis for Judging: creativity, "eye candy", fluidity, innovation, originality, overall presentation
- Recommended Level: Anyone
- Contest Start Date: 12:01 AM, EST - Thursday, May 2, 2002
- Contest Due Date: 11:59 PM, EST - Friday, July 26, 2002
- Entries missing ANY of the four elements will be immediately disqualified.
- You must submit full source code with your entry. Unless you specifically state otherwise, your source code will be released publically. If you do not want us to release your source code for download along with the demo, be sure to state so clearly when you submit. Please submit your source code in the same package (ZIP, RAR, etc) as your executable and data.
- Use of 3rd party libraries/engines is allowed ONLY if the library/engine in question is publically available and/or open source.
- Judging will be based on how original and entertaining the entry represents the four elements of earth, fire, wind, and water.
- Entries should be polished and well tested for defects before submission. Polish and presentation do count!
- As such, a team of 3 judges will evaluate and score each entry based on originality, entertainment, polish, and presentation.
- The overall score will be equal to the average of these 4 scores.
- You may enter more than once, but entries will be judged individually.
- You may work individually or as a team, but we'll award the prize to no more than one person per entry ONLY. If you work as a team, and your entry wins, it'll be up to you to determine who gets the prize.
- The entry must be able to run on the Microsoft Windows platform (or else it can't be judged).
- The contest is open to everyone that abides by these rules, except for the contest administrator (Kevin Hawkins).
- GameDev.net reserves the right to cancel the contest at any time without prior notification.
- GameDev.net may modify the contest rules at any time without prior notification.
Your choice of the latest 3D graphics card from ATI or nVidia. Details to be coming soon.
Failure to follow these submission guidlines will result in immediate disqualification.
- Anonymous FTP to ftp.gamedev.net.
- Go to the incoming directory.
- Upload your file. Note that you will not be able to see any files located in the incoming directory. This is explained in the upload.txt file, which you can download and read from the FTP.
- Email us with your name and entry filename using "contest entry" as the subject.
- If you need to resubmit your entry before the due date, you may do so by following the above guidelines and notifying us of a resubmission.
- Authors retain all rights and ownership to their entries.
If you have any other questions regarding the rules, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org.