Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know shash...  
Full Name  
Nickname shash 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1017  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/9/2003 12:16:43 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Crysis model viewer Hi, During the last years I've doing small side projects aside my big projects. Most of this small projects were related to loading and rendering game assets, either models or maps/levels. I choose game data files because you don't depend on... 
Posted November 9, 2008 2:22:28 PM
Depth blit with multisampled FBO Hi, I'm trying to get multisampled FBO working on our currently working FBO framework. The general idea, is to render everything to a FBO with a COLOR0 and DEPTH multisampled renderbuffers attached, and then blit to another FBO with the same... 
Posted November 15, 2007 3:29:49 AM
Maya lightmap generation Hi, My problem is quite simple: We use maya for modelling and animation, but the artist doesn't know how to generate lightmaps within maya. I've tried and googled along, and all the solutions I found baked the texture+ilumination, when I just want... 
Posted December 6, 2006 6:25:48 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Imagine - 48k Intro released at Breakpoint 2010 This was pretty cool during the compo! Any chance that you set up an RSS feed on your webpage? (yes, I'm lazy and prefer having everything centralized on my RSS reader :P) 
Posted April 8, 2010 6:06:18 AM
My PhD 3D engine Interesting, I had tried 3dripperDX, but got a lot of problems, I'll try that, as I use Maya as an asset editor, and using Quake3 maps is always interesting :) (And I didn't want to code an importer, even if I know quake1/2/3 bsp formats quite well).... 
Posted January 25, 2010 8:57:12 AM
My PhD 3D engine Did you code the quake3 maya importer too? 
Posted January 24, 2010 6:07:17 PM
nGENE Tech techdemo trailer Nice, but why is the video so dark? 
Posted March 19, 2009 5:25:43 AM
Crysis model viewer The C++ viewer won't be released, only the stuff I said in my other post, if I can get some free time to invest on that. 
Posted November 12, 2008 6:24:28 PM
Crysis model viewer I plan to either document what I know (which is mostly extracting the information from pyffi) or port it over to lwjgl. If the latter, I'll do an illustrative applet and release the source. All that depends if I've any free time to work on this... 
Posted November 10, 2008 3:53:14 AM
Depth Fighting with Blending What I usually do, is to draw everything in different passes. First, all opaque objects, writing to the Zbuffer, then all the blended objects (like those decals) only reading from the Zbuffer, but not writing. When you add more stuff you'll see... 
Posted May 18, 2007 6:01:59 AM
Procedural Textures / Texture Synthesis The interface was quite nice actually (but I still prefer my texture generator IDE :D). Basically I saw a few problems, you should fix: 1) Better color selection. You seem to have been inspirated by the ATG (aardbei texture generator) and it's way... 
Posted March 16, 2004 7:02:47 AM
View All Replies Made By This User