Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know miminawewe...  
Full Name Wesley Kirinya
Nickname miminawewe 
State/Province, Country Nairobi Area   Kenya
GD Gathering City nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.sinc-studios.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Founder, Lead Developer 
Job Description I come up with the game ideas, and manage the whole project from start to finish. Im basically the heart and brains of the company 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1014  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/20/2005 5:51:32 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
diffuse light calculation Why isn't the lightPos[0] in the code below transformed by gl_ModelViewMatrix before the subtraction with the transformed vertex V in the vertex shader code below? uniform vec3 lightPos[1]; ... gl_Position = gl_ModelViewProjectionMatrix * gl_V... 
Posted February 22, 2008 5:18:44 AM
OpenGL hangs in Visual C++ Express When I try and run an OpenGL app in C++ Express it hangs most of the time. What's up with that? [EDIT]I've added more code //--------------------------------------------------------------------------- #include "File1.h" #include <windows... 
Posted January 30, 2008 4:52:21 AM
ogg, vorbis & theora Hi y'all, I started a thread on this topic last October (thread is now closed). I'm back to the topic again. I'm starting to think there is no library that can play Vorbis & Theora . I wanted to create an animated movie clip for my game and... 
Posted December 10, 2007 7:14:57 AM
gamespy statistics I was taking a look at the "Top Game Servers By Players" statistics at gamespy and read this: "35089 servers, 85617 players" for Half Life. Does it mean that there are 35089 servers serving 85617 players in a client-server setup? This comes to about... 
Posted November 23, 2007 5:41:09 AM
Video Game Design Pro 2006 for Windows I'm wondering whether someone has experience with Video Game Design Pro 2006 for Windows. I came across it at Video Game Design Document Template BTW: IF you have experience with gaming hardware I kindly need your input THANKS 
Posted November 6, 2007 4:39:03 AM
Is this price OK? I got an estimate for the following PC specs. Is it worth $2,100? Do you know a cheaper place? I'm planning to import from Europe/US. ASUS P5GC-MXG45GL MOTHERBRD/INTEL CORE 2 DUOE6600 2.4 GHZ PROCESSOR/2GB DDR2 RAM/160GB SATA II HDISK/20X DVD R/... 
Posted November 2, 2007 2:13:40 AM
PC specs for a small dev studio Hi, I would like to know whether the following categories of PC specs are good enough for a small development studio that intends to develop high quality commercial 3D PC games. A. PROGRAMMERS 1. Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E4400 / Pentium® Proce... 
Posted October 4, 2007 3:46:50 AM
ogg, vorbis & theora I've been attempting to create a library that plays ogg files. I'm trying to add audio/video play in my game. Unfortunately they don't seem to be well documented. I've been taking a look at the source code of VLC which implements the above but the co... 
Posted October 3, 2007 4:13:31 AM
viewing new threads and tracking threads How can I view only the new threads after my last visit to gamedev? Also how do I track a particular thread? Thanks. 
Posted September 26, 2007 1:48:40 AM
looking for function calls in an executing program How can I see the functions that are being called by an executing program as the program is running? I have the source code of the program and the exe. I would like to run the exe and be able to see the functions that it's calling as it runs. THANKS... 
Posted September 27, 2007 3:34:01 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Unpaladin That's very good! Is this the first game that the guys in the team have worked on? Correct me if I'm wrong on this analysis: 1. Your use of graphics has really made this game shine: Multi-texturing, transforming texture co-ordinates, b... 
Posted April 18, 2008 4:58:18 AM
diffuse light calculation I think lightPos[0] has already been transformed to view space as an optimization to prevent it from being redundantly calculated all the time in the vertex shader for each vertex. That was not mentioned in the code. 
Posted February 22, 2008 6:15:00 AM
OpenGL hangs in Visual C++ Express The problem is also in borland turbo C++. I think the problem is the graphics adapter. It's an S3 prosavage/twister v1.1 2.40.103 It seems like if I set GL_CLAMP, Windows hangs, and if I don't set it or set GL_REPEAT it works. Is there a place where... 
Posted January 31, 2008 1:27:15 AM
OpenGL hangs in Visual C++ Express Thanks for the try/catch, that I didn't know. Sorry it's not the app that hangs but the OS (Windows 2000). 
Posted January 30, 2008 6:53:07 AM
OpenGL hangs in Visual C++ Express The loop runs a couple of times then it hangs. The hanging is irregular so breaking might not work. The try / catch was for some c++ code which I have commented out. I thought it only slows down an application if an exception occurs but if none... 
Posted January 30, 2008 6:14:12 AM
Weird Segmentation Error(s) Did you solve the problem? The destructor of a base class (a class that can be inherited) has to be virtual. In JBox::JBox(JStatsManager * stats) {...} code you posted, when you call getAnimationManager(); and getBoundingBox(); where do the pointer... 
Posted January 29, 2008 12:44:14 AM
Why does my computers clock keeps changing? slayemin: 8D 8D 8D 
Posted January 27, 2008 2:41:53 AM
Weird Segmentation Error(s) It would be better if you can show us all the code, or at least give a very clear description of the code. C/C++ is tricky. E.g. if you are using vectors (from the STL) and you had a pointer to one of the elements in the vector then you push_bac... 
Posted January 27, 2008 2:25:43 AM
gamespy statistics Can you please tell me more about what you have just said? I've never heard of "Clans" and this kind of ISP setup. You may also point me to a website with this info. Thanks. 
Posted November 26, 2007 2:14:34 AM
Is this price OK? What do you think of Maingear? Their specs and customisation options are closest to what I want. I got the following from their website: (I am interested in 3 PCs with different specs. Figures rounded upwards to the nearest USD) PC 1 (USD 2854) ... 
Posted November 5, 2007 6:22:15 AM
View All Replies Made By This User