Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know anandj...  
Full Name  
Nickname anandj 
State/Province, Country PA   United States
GD Gathering City Philadelphia, PA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.anandspot.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/22/2007 7:50:32 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
[C++] Multiple Inheritance and vfptrs This code is not so much real code, but rather an exercise on understanding C++ "under the hood". So basically I define these classes below. class Car { public : virtual void Drive() { std::cout<<"Car::Drive()"; } int tir... 
Posted January 16, 2008 1:54:23 PM
Fixed-function pipeline. Worth it? I'm creating a terrain engine and implementing most of the features using fixed pipeline functions. Eventually I plan on creating shader implementations as well. But I'm beginning to wonder if I should just go the shader route and ditch fixed... 
Posted October 2, 2007 8:25:35 AM
Twisto Cube (Updated) Twisto Cube is a virtual clone of the Rubik's Cube by Prof. Erno Rubik. Please see ReadMe.txt for instructions. Download Feel free to post questions, comments, or bugs in this thread. Thanks! [Edited by - anandj on July 9, 2007 1:47:50 PM] 
Posted March 23, 2007 12:14:34 AM
Drawing lagging behind cursor I've tried posting this topic in the General Programming forum with little success. I have a simple program that does the following. - Keeps track of mouse position using the WM_MOUSEMOVE - Draws a square at the current mouse position. Howe... 
Posted April 10, 2007 1:13:45 PM
OpenGL - Syncing cursor w/ drawing I have a simple program that does the following. - Keeps track of mouse position using the WM_MOUSEMOVE - Draws a square at the current mouse position. However when I move the cursor around the square lags slightly. I tried using GetCursorPos... 
Posted April 4, 2007 8:05:56 PM
Question about my class size (C++) I'm implementing an ingame GUI in OpenGL(mostly for learning purposes). To handle events i'm using a system similar to C#'s(delegates, function pointers). Right now i'm concerned if my class size is getting too large. Each EventHandler class conta... 
Posted April 3, 2007 10:18:09 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
member func question Where is pos being initialized in your code? 
Posted May 13, 2008 9:05:32 AM
Tab Controls case WM_PAINT: { PAINTSTRUCT ps; HDC hdc; if(hWnd == tabshWnd) { hdc = BeginPaint(tabshWnd, &ps); TextOut(hdc2, 50, 50, L"Test", 4); EndPaint(tabshWnd, &ps);... 
Posted April 16, 2008 8:02:19 PM
Porting a C++ MFC/COM application over to .NET Quote: 1) How well does .NET cope with COM interfaces? I googled but I can't find anything on using COM interfaces from within .NET Pretty well actually- Microsoft went through great lengths to support COM in the .NET environment. I'm surp... 
Posted April 16, 2008 7:41:06 PM
Assembly book for a beginner Try the "Write Great Code" series. They give you a nice introduction to assembly from a high level programmer's perspective. They don't really teach you how to write assembly but just make you more aware of what C++ is doing in the background.  
Posted February 21, 2008 12:20:57 PM
[C++] Multiple Inheritance and vfptrs Thanks a bunch Steve. So it looks like I was right and FlyingCar uses Plane's vftable. This may seem like a stupid question. But how do you display that debug info in the watch window? Thanks again! 
Posted January 16, 2008 5:26:51 PM
draw ui You should also disable depth testing so the UI is always drawn in the front. 
Posted October 3, 2007 7:23:58 AM
LPCTSTR: What's The L For When Setting Text? Another option is to use _T(""). This will treat string literals as Unicode or ANSI depending on the compiler setting. 
Posted September 12, 2007 2:36:52 PM
Twisto Cube (Updated) Twisto Cube has been updated with a slew of new features! Most notable is the inclusion of a GUI system. The GUI was developed from scratch and uses OpenGL for all rendering. Please feel to post any bugs, suggestions, or comments here. Enjoy! D... 
Posted July 9, 2007 2:46:05 PM
Drawing lagging behind cursor Problem solved for now... Seems there was a bottleneck in SwapBuffers. Disabling VSync seemed to have fixed it. 
Posted April 16, 2007 11:58:00 AM
OpenGL - Syncing cursor w/ drawing Thanks for the reply Spoon. Yes I am handling all the messages. Here is a snippet of the drawing code: POINT pt; GetCursorPos(&pt); ScreenToClient(g_hWnd,&pt); glTranslatef(pt.x,pt.y,0.0f); glBegin(GL_QUADS); glColor3f(1,1,1... 
Posted April 5, 2007 12:06:26 PM
View All Replies Made By This User