Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know M2tM...  
Full Name Michael Hamilton
Nickname M2tM 
State/Province, Country Alberta   Canada
GD Gathering City Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.michaelhamilton.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Associate Software Engineer 
Job Description GUI Programmer 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1563  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/1/2005 8:29:23 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
You Have To Burn The Rope I think I've found the best game ever. You Have To Burn The Rope If you're having troubles with the controls there is a handy manual. If you get stuck in the intricate mazes and tunnels there is a handy walkthrough video. Discuss. 
Posted August 28, 2010 4:50:24 AM
Portfolio/Resume Review I've recently added two projects to my portfolio and was looking for feedback about the whole package. Any and all constructive feedback appreciated. I'm about to send another round of applications out, but have a little time to make alterations ba... 
Posted February 17, 2010 3:02:14 PM
Project Review Request Hello, I'm working on getting a job doing video games and I'd really like a few sets of eyes on the code example I'm considering putting up on my portfolio page (which is in development michaelhamilton.com.) Obviously it's a bit muc... 
Posted February 5, 2010 11:34:23 AM
SDL_Mixer, mp3 and Mix_HookMusicFinished I'm encountering an odd behavior with SDL_Mixer and mp3's. I am just curious as to if other people have noticed this happening as well. Mix_HookMusicFinished appears to fire off a few times before the music actually starts playing for the first tim... 
Posted February 6, 2010 6:03:49 PM
DarkSkyFire Originally I created this game as an attempt at a 10 hour program. After I got the basic system up and running people kept at me with a few suggestions and I was offered sounds which I felt obligated to implement and so this ended up taking about 24... 
Posted December 1, 2006 11:32:54 AM
On Comments Hey guys and girls, I found this while perusing the internet and I figured it would be an interesting topic to open for discussion here. Notice: I am a nefarious blog necromancer responding to a post in 2007, but the topic is interesting anyway: ... 
Posted March 4, 2009 9:26:59 PM
SDL_Mixer sound playlist position issue The issue I'm running up against is described here in detail (by me): SDL Newsgroup I will summarize the problem (which is not exact to my implementation, but covers the issue properly). SDL_Mixer has a c style function callback (void f... 
Posted January 12, 2009 6:43:27 PM
SDL_Mixer Wrapper (previously: Help Avoiding a Singleton) I am using SDL_Mixer which has a C style interface to handle my music/audio playing and I am wrapping the functionality within a pair of C++ classes. One is AudioPlayer and the other is AudioPlayList. I will later have a third class which... 
Posted January 11, 2009 2:08:16 AM
Sky Fire A free to play missile commander like game with a faster pace and upgrades. This is based on a previous game of a similar nature that I completed quite a while ago (Dark Sky Fire). I've re-visited the game and polished it with new graphics a... 
Posted December 29, 2008 4:24:15 PM
Error C3867 Generated in VS 2005 but not VS 2003 ... public __gc class NForm : public Form { public: .... NForm(){ // Set these when the form loads: // Have the form capture keyboard events first. this->KeyPreview = true; // Assign the event handler to... 
Posted September 21, 2008 2:42:43 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Guild Wars 2 Quote:Original post by Antheus Quote:Original post by jpetrie I work on it. It's fun. Here's a hint: - Titles that require weeks/months/years of active playtime are not fun. Nor are titles that require 10,000 mouse clicks. C'mon... When... 
Posted December 15, 2010 2:44:07 PM
Guild Wars 2 Quote:Original post by jpetrie I work on it. It's fun. Neat. I'm actually looking forward to giving it a shot. I played and enjoyed Fury quite a while back despite its flaws (until it died), and I enjoyed Guild Wars, but it felt a little t... 
Posted December 14, 2010 10:25:19 AM
If WW3 occurs within the next 6 months, thank WikiLeaks Quote:Original post by Prinz Eugn I just think there are times when things should be kept secret. The wikileaks assumption that having all information available to everybody is a good thing hasn't really been evaluated, has it? They strike me as... 
Posted December 8, 2010 3:10:48 PM
I think the original poster might have a point Usage (Know your Meme) Quote:“I think X is a pretty cool { guy, girl }. {Eh, Seh} (verb) Y and doesn’t afraid of anything.” Begin with “I think” with proper capitalization on the “I”. Refer to the character as a metonymy, for example, I’ll... 
Posted December 2, 2010 5:06:12 PM
C++0x Opinions: ready to be used in projects? Quote:Original post by Anon Mike I switched to C++0x for my MSVC projects and never looked back. Lambdas and auto both rock. I've also been suprised at how useful decltype has been to me. I appreciate the potential for rvalue references but hav... 
Posted November 25, 2010 12:16:31 AM
Is posting your full name online a bad idea? I'm not really worried if people know my name is Michael Hamilton and I live in Edmonton. As far as I'm concerned separating myself from myself simply because I'm posting online is a pretty schizophrenic thing to do. If I were to meet you at a... 
Posted November 24, 2010 3:24:36 PM
How much do you trust Wikipedia? Quote:Original post by Talroth Quote:Original post by Sirisian Quote:Original post by Talroth What I would really love to see is an academic version of Wikipedia to be developed. You want to be an editor? Well then you go to your local university... 
Posted November 23, 2010 8:38:38 PM
How much do you trust Wikipedia? I'd trust Wikipedia on certain topics (basically whatever article it says more citation is needed, or that the article may contain original research) as much as I'd trust an unverified student essay. Many Wikipedia articles are very good, but f... 
Posted November 23, 2010 11:59:14 AM
How would I go about creating a virus? If you read the post it isn't as bad as it see A) No. B) No. C) NO! Even relatively "harmless" viruses that spread widely can end up costing a lot of money (distributed over many people in terms of time and effort removing it and regaining control of their system, bringing it in to tech shop... 
Posted November 19, 2010 3:55:47 AM
Is it just me? Quote:Original post by necreia Quote:Original post by M2tM As Vin Diesel once said, "Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration". That would be Thomas Edison. "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." -Vin Di... 
Posted November 18, 2010 7:29:51 PM
View All Replies Made By This User