Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know AndyEsser...  GDNet+
Full Name Andy Esser
Nickname AndyEsser 
State/Province, Country Surrey   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Leatherhead, Surrey, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.rivanet.co.uk 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Technical Systems Engineer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1090  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/7/2005 3:49:50 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/AndyEsser/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Problem with GDI+ Text Rendering Hi All, I have a routine that I use to render GDI+ text and then upload that to an OpenGL texture. The problem I have is that each call of the function doesn't seem to clear up after itself. The GDI Handles in use by the engine increments const... 
Posted July 20, 2010 2:34:00 PM
Non-Power of Two Textures I've been developing my graphics engine for some time, and just recently had to move my development onto a crappy PC with an Intel integrated graphics card. I'd not factored in the whole NPOT issue because I just assumed that most modern grap... 
Posted May 23, 2010 4:41:27 AM
Problem with Visual Studio 2008 when rewriting engine Hi all, I've been fairly quiet the last few months, just been busy with work and things and anyway it's come time for me to get back into OpenGL. Now I'm wanting to start mostly from scratch because I've redesigned how I want my engine to be, howv... 
Posted February 17, 2010 2:19:17 PM
[Rant] Unhelpful Responses Quite often I'll see someone new to a concept or API (mainly in OpenGL where I lurk) is having a problem and is asking for help. Now I go in to try and offer some of my experience and help this poor soul out who has drummed up the courage to ask p... 
Posted September 13, 2009 1:19:47 PM
Problems with OpenGL and multithreading Ok, so I've been trying to work through this problem for a while now. I'm not going to post any code I'll just explain the problem for the moment. Basically. I have two threads in my engine. 1 main thread which creates the window and deals with me... 
Posted September 5, 2009 4:44:45 PM
3DTV & Stereoscopic Graphics I would like to start a discussion on how the gamedev.net community feels about the looming boom in 3D Stereoscopic graphics. I personally don't think of it as a bad thing, however I don't forsee it being the massive hit that companies are fo... 
Posted April 16, 2009 4:50:04 AM
OpenGL Articles I'm wanting to write some Articles about Visual Basic and OpenGL. Now, I originally started to learn OpenGL using NeHe's tutorials, however I know there isn't a lot of love for those tutorials on this forum. So, my question is this, what did... 
Posted September 22, 2008 12:29:57 PM
Problems with using a Long as a loop index Hi there, I've got the header of my model file loading fine, from what I can tell it's loading without any problems. The next step is to the load the actual model data. The problem I'm having is that the number of vertices is stored as a long l... 
Posted February 1, 2008 4:22:18 PM
How To Allocate Enough Memory For My Array Hey there, I've recently converted my game project over from Visual Basic to C/C++. Now I'm at the stage where I'm writing the model loader, I've rewritten the MAXScript exporter I was using to work with binary files, to make the files smaller and... 
Posted January 29, 2008 6:18:12 AM
Shader Problems in C I'm trying to get shaders working in my C OpenGL program. Below is all the code pertaining to the shaders for my program. [source lang=c] // Header File For Loading and Executing GLSL Shader Files #define __ARB_ENABLE true // #define EXT_INFO ... 
Posted January 16, 2008 9:30:26 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Visual Studio C++ Beginner Woes Glad to be of help 
Posted January 7, 2011 7:52:59 AM
Win32 and LPCWSTR gripe Also, if you're passing a string literal you preface it L. For example SomeWinFunction(L"This is my string literal"); This will convert it to wide format/unicode. 
Posted January 7, 2011 7:41:05 AM
Visual Studio C++ Beginner Woes StdAfx.h is used when using Precompiled Headers (PCH). It looks like you've chosen the wrong type of project when you created it in Visual Studio. Basically you just want an empty console project (make sure that any tick boxes referring to any includ... 
Posted January 7, 2011 7:31:21 AM
FBO RenderToTexture Try moving the glTexParamterf() calls before the call to glTexImage2D(); 
Posted January 7, 2011 5:13:48 AM
Depth Buffer Problem[Solved] Glad I could help 
Posted January 6, 2011 12:12:06 PM
Depth Buffer Problem[Solved] Try calling glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); before you bind the skybox texture. The text class is disabling texturing after it's done from the looks of the code below. WRT the GUI working, you may find you have a stray glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); before ren... 
Posted January 6, 2011 7:32:48 AM
Fighting the (glDraw)Elements If cam.fine_y is 0 at the moment, then chances are you are rendering in front of the near plane. Try translate -2.0f in the Z direction and see if it appears. 
Posted January 1, 2011 9:25:53 AM
Fighting the (glDraw)Elements I haven't checked through all your indices to check they're correct. But one omission is the fact that you never tell it where the Vertex array is. glVertexPointer(3, GL_FLOAT, 0, grid); Place that line before the glDrawRangeElements(); an... 
Posted December 31, 2010 1:30:02 PM
How to read LNK2019 errors? The <whole function name> will help you narrow it down. If it's one of your own functions, then you have an issue with including a header file. If it's from an external library you either haven't included their appropriate Header fil... 
Posted December 31, 2010 8:47:28 AM
Rob Peter to pay Paul Hey I resent you saying we're not a super....o wait, who am I kidding. We suck... 
Posted December 30, 2010 7:27:30 AM
View All Replies Made By This User