Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know suliman...  
Full Name  
Nickname suliman 
State/Province, Country Stockholms Lan   Sweden
GD Gathering City Stockholm, Stockholms Lan, Sweden
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://epagames.isgreat.org/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 946  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/19/2004 8:41:07 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Beginner networking questions Hi I have made several games in c++ but im completely new to network programming. Some Qs: 1. Im working on a turn-based strategy game where players take turns moving units around in a tile-based world (like advanced wars, early civ etc).... 
Posted December 27, 2010 12:50:41 PM
Noob network questions Hi Ive done some ambitious games but im new to networking. Planning a 2-8 player turnbased wargame like advanced wars for GBA. 1. Using for example raknet, how (in general theory) do one go about setting up connections between players? I kno... 
Posted November 26, 2010 9:28:57 AM
Lawless 0.39 new demo: --------- lawless.rar Added: ------- physics ai started simple shadows, shellcasting etc mining raw materials for profit upgrades more weapons another test-town save function (lots of work remains) stash to store extra s... 
Posted November 17, 2007 1:43:49 PM
Adventure-RPG death : Respawn or reload Hi Im doing a coop (share keyboard) adventure-rpg game. Sort of mix between diablo, stalker and fallout /fallout tactics. You explore, collect and kill monsters. Travel is done quickly on a map (like in fallout tactics, for example) and zones a... 
Posted September 24, 2010 3:38:17 AM
Landfall 0.40 (colonization remake) Hi Landfall is a project i returned to after working on some other stuff. Its a freewere remake of the classic strategy-game Colonization by Sid Meier. Direct download (6MB, needs directX) landfall.rar Forums and more info Landfall fo... 
Posted August 15, 2010 5:32:31 PM
Colonization remake (download here) Hi Landfall is a project i returned to after working on some other stuff. Its a freewere remake of the classic strategy-game Colonization by Sid Meier. Direct download (6MB, needs directX) landfall.rar Forums and more info Landfall fo... 
Posted August 12, 2010 3:37:40 PM
Story in post-apoc rpg? Hi Im doing a 2player co-op game in 2d. Gameplay is mix of fallout tactics, a link to the past and stalker. Exploring, collecting and going deeper into the wasteland. Do you have any ideas for the story? I have some outlines but im not hooked yet... 
Posted May 6, 2010 11:33:36 AM
Ammotypes in rpg? Hi Doing a game in post-apoc world like fallout. I have loads of weapons but simplified calibers to keep down ammotypes. Guns are everything up until the 80-90thies and some hitech energy weapons. This is what i got so far: 1 9mm 2 ".45 calib... 
Posted May 3, 2010 3:21:10 AM
Travian-like setup? Hi Any ideas on how to build a network game like travian (but max 10 players)? What i need is: max 10 players Server hold all gamedata and does all computing Clients can only view server gamedata and send commands (orders for example)... 
Posted May 2, 2010 4:10:36 PM
tearing (gaps between tiles) ? Hi Im doing a topdown rts in a tilebased world. When i pan my map, sometimes there is a one-pixel gap between rows of tiles, so the background is shown. If i move my pan a couple of pixels, the gap disappears. These gaps show up and disappea... 
Posted April 21, 2010 5:26:14 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Beginner networking questions Ok thanks for all the helpful info. My project is completely for fun only so i will not have any budget. I will look into sollutions to do it the way you describe, or simply use writing IP adresses manually. The problem with that is that yo... 
Posted January 2, 2011 5:51:43 AM
Beginner networking questions but its not enough to write (code) the lobby, the problem is that i need an actual server running all the time. And i need to pay for it it seemes. I guess i can use my own computer for that somehow, but thats a pretty crappy solution since its not a... 
Posted January 1, 2011 8:01:27 AM
Beginner networking questions but winsock has nothing specifically to do with lobby server problem right? Its just used for network programming i reccon. E 
Posted December 30, 2010 1:29:24 PM
Beginner networking questions Thanks guys You might (for my question 3) refer to "If your game is networked over the internet, but uses user-hosted servers, then you need a matchmaking/lobbying/introduction service. The service itself lives at a known DNS name; hosts and clie... 
Posted December 28, 2010 11:58:39 AM
Noob network questions ok cool thanks 
Posted November 27, 2010 3:06:25 PM
Lawless 0.39 oh man you dug up a old thread:) The game changed alot, but i guess the link now links to the new version (same filename). In this version, there is no cars. The project is still active, i will post a new version of it in a couple of weeks probab... 
Posted November 14, 2010 5:23:16 AM
Landfall 0.40 (colonization remake) New version (same link) - Combat added. Damaging and healing of units - Experince and promotions (more hitpoints) - Indians train units (but do only defend right now) - Burning indian villages gives you a choice of plunder, slaves or est... 
Posted August 18, 2010 4:39:29 PM
Colonization remake (download here) New version (same link) - Combat added. Damaging and healing of units - Experince and promotions (more hitpoints) - Indians train units (but do only defend right now) - Burning indian villages gives you a choice of plunder, slaves or est... 
Posted August 18, 2010 4:37:09 PM
Colonization remake (download here) You cannot change map right now becouse i only included one map right now:) The cursor lags? Thats wierd... If you press F9 you can see framerate. Is the framerate very low? I got many hundred fps. E 
Posted August 15, 2010 3:21:15 PM
Lawless 0.39 its still active actually, but its a totally different game. Still a lot of "original" code in the dark corners... E 
Posted June 7, 2010 6:19:51 PM
View All Replies Made By This User