Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know HandCraftedRadio...  
Full Name Curt Kling
Nickname HandCraftedRadio 
State/Province, Country PA   United States
GD Gathering City State College, PA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.can-games.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1145  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/1/2004 2:37:16 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Android Game: Angry Boulders Hi Everyone! We just released our first game for Android, Angry Boulders. It is a small arcade game based off of one of our old experimental games with the same name (can be found here on our site or right here in the GD showcase). In th... 
Posted April 19, 2010 12:33:07 PM
Frame rate issues from drawing quads Hi, I've been working on a game for about a year now using a 2d opengl game engine that I wrote. I noticed recently that my game seems to lose frames badly on older computers and ones with crappy graphics cards. Since it's just a 2... 
Posted January 9, 2010 6:50:36 PM
Grand Feather - Shark Arm Studios Development Blog Hi everyone! I just wanted to announce our current game project that we are working on for about a year now entitled Grand Feather. We have a blog about our development of the game at www.SharkArmStudios.com if you are interested and w... 
Posted October 27, 2009 9:44:56 PM
OpenGL Texture Color Key I'm in the process of making a 2D game engine in openGL and I ran into a little snag. I can't seem to figure out how to pick a color key so a color in the loaded texture will be completely transparent. I have already tried a number of things and I ca... 
Posted December 12, 2008 10:33:57 PM
Texture Loading Problem Is there anyway to set a texture's dimensions so they do not scale to a power of 2? Right now I am using the D3DX_DEFAULT_NONPOW2 flag to do this when creating the texture but apparently this does not work with all cards. It is making the textures al... 
Posted April 4, 2008 5:38:24 PM
Game Submission How do we submit our games? Are we just going to have to find a way to host them ourselves? 
Posted March 30, 2008 11:54:31 PM
DirectX Looking For Wrong .dll file When I try to run a compiled direct x app, it says that D3DX9.dll was not found. That file does not come with the redistributable package, the dll is in the form of D3DX9_xx.dll. When I change the D3DX9_xx.dll file names to just D3DX9.dll, it runs fi... 
Posted March 1, 2008 6:16:48 PM
[4e6] Bravehorse [Edited by - HandCraftedRadio on April 1, 2008 4:44:24 PM] 
Posted March 6, 2008 11:09:18 PM
uuid.lib compile error when initializing dx input Hi I am having trouble with an error that I keep getting when I compile my directx app with Dev-Cpp. It has been working fine until I initilized the keyboard. I am now getting the error: .drectve `/DEFAULTLIB:"uuid.lib" /DEFAULTLIB:"uuid.lib" '... 
Posted May 5, 2007 11:22:19 AM
Angry Boulders Game http://www.experimentalgameplay.com/dl.php?id=112442&type=zip copy and paste the link I game I made in a few short days with an interesting concept. You have to avoid the bugs as you try to squish them with three sets of boulders that you have un... 
Posted March 4, 2006 10:25:02 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Frame rate issues from drawing quads I think my best option would be to give the user the ability to disable some of the backgrounds. I still want to try to find a way to get it working on older computers with integrated cards. The computer I have been testing it on has an int... 
Posted January 11, 2010 11:56:32 PM
Frame rate issues from drawing quads That makes sense, I think I understand how it works a lot better now. As you can probably tell, I don't really know as much as I should about what goes on in the hardware. In my game there are 3 backgrounds (800x600) in the window at once,... 
Posted January 10, 2010 7:58:11 PM
Frame rate issues from drawing quads Yeah I read the replies maybe I'm not getting it. Ok, on a particular older computer I have, I can run games that I have previously made. One uses directX and one uses SDL. Those games seem to run fine with no frame loss which are wr... 
Posted January 10, 2010 6:27:11 PM
Frame rate issues from drawing quads I'm not actually going to be doing the 200 quads on top of eachother type thing in the game, I was just doing that to test fps rates of a large amount of quads being drawn to the screen at once. I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong... 
Posted January 10, 2010 5:54:55 PM
Frame rate issues from drawing quads Thanks for the reply, Erik. In the game, there would not be a situation like that, and I get a framerate of around 160 fps on the same computer I did the above tests on in the game. That is completely fine, but I want my game to be able... 
Posted January 9, 2010 7:21:38 PM
OpenGL Texture Color Key I figured it out. In case anybody is wondering, here is how I did it: surf = IMG_Load(filename); SDL_Color color; for (int y = 0; y < surf->h; y++) { for (int x = 0; x < surf->w; x++) { unsigned int pi... 
Posted December 15, 2008 8:28:41 PM
OpenGL Texture Color Key That's what I was thinking, but I can't figure out how to change the alpha value for a specific pixel in the surface. 
Posted December 15, 2008 6:27:11 PM
OpenGL Texture Color Key Ok well since OpenGL doesn't support color keying would there be any way to convert the specific pixels in the image to the alpha channel using SDL before loading it as an OpenGL texture? 
Posted December 13, 2008 4:18:53 PM
OpenGL Texture Color Key Yeah I got that you need to enable blending and use glBlendFunc() but I'm not sure how to set it up so it chooses just the one color to be blended. 
Posted December 13, 2008 12:00:22 AM
Did I miss something? Quote:Original post by dmoonfire One thing you could do is actually just create a member vote and basically go through and start voting outside of official judgement. You know, kind of a fan favorite; that way people get at least some feedback and t... 
Posted July 23, 2008 7:54:13 PM
View All Replies Made By This User