Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Moe...  
Full Name Joel Bennett
Nickname Moe 
State/Province, Country Alberta   Canada
GD Gathering City Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://joelbennett.wordpress.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Product Developer 
Job Description I develop products. 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1634  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/24/2000 2:22:09 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Decent headphones? I've recently found myself in need of a decent pair of headphones - the type that cover more of the ear than just a pair of ear-bud wedged in your ears. I remember someone here on GameDev.net mentioning the Sony MDR series of headphones and say... 
Posted September 7, 2010 7:03:02 PM
Plasma vs. LCD TVs... (help Moe find a good, reasonably priced TV) So lately I've been looking at getting a new TV. Our current TV is a 40" Daytek LCD that does a decent job, but has a horrible response rate. On any program with people moving around I notice a fair bit of ghosting. It doesn't seem to bother m... 
Posted July 19, 2010 5:46:19 PM
Visual Studio 2010 launch event? I haven't heard much concerning any sort of launch event for Visual Studio 2010. In the past for Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 there was some sort of in-person type event in a lot of the major cities for Visual Studio around the time it came out. It... 
Posted April 9, 2010 11:19:44 AM
Looking for some recommendations on source control... I've been thinking lately that I really should start running some sort of source control at home, even just for the sake of backing things up. (Don't completely gasp in horror - right now I use Dropbox for my current projects and periodically 'right... 
Posted March 22, 2010 6:27:10 PM
ASP.Net - getting updated values from a page... Okay, so it's been a while since I have done any sort of web programming, and I've run into something that has got me pretty well stumped. I've got a fairly simple web application with a form that shows a few basic pieces of data in a few text box... 
Posted March 16, 2010 12:19:27 PM
What the...?! Ok, a co-worker just sent me a link to this story: Iraq Swears by Bomb Detector U.S. Sees as Useless Wow. For anyone who can't access the link or is too lazy to click it, here's an excerpt: Quote:Iraq Swears by Bomb Detector U.S. Sees as U... 
Posted November 9, 2009 10:25:54 AM
[.Net] Printing to a barcode printer... Hey y'all, I've got an interesting little side project that I'm thinking about taking on. A friend of mine works for a restaurant, and would like a way of printing barcodes for items in an excel spreadsheet. The barcodes would be printed of... 
Posted November 13, 2009 2:54:33 PM
Non-mushy keyboard recommendations... I'm finding that my keyboard for my new home machine is pretty... mushy. It doesn't take much force to push down the keys and I'm finding that I'm not able to type as fast as I could on my old keyboard, in particular keys with the right hand (l... 
Posted November 10, 2009 1:09:52 AM
AMD/ATi's 5000 series video cards... I'm not sure if anyone else spotted this: AMD Eyefinity Multi-Display Technology In Action I'm not so excited about the prospect of 6 monitors off a single card - I'm more interested in the power driving them. I thought AMD was supposed to be... 
Posted September 11, 2009 11:14:08 AM
Solid State Drives in raid configurations? I just stumbled across these, which, with the mail in rebate, seems like a pretty sweet deal. Reviews seem relatively solid as well. (In order to get the full mail in rebate for both drives I'd have to get a coworker to order one for me, but t... 
Posted August 24, 2009 2:12:28 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
The Daily GameDev.net That's actually something I was wondering about - how well .Net ported code would run on an ARM based unit. I suppose a large portion of it comes down to how well the framework itself is ported. Also, could this be a hint at what the next gene... 
Posted January 6, 2011 1:05:16 PM
If the Koreans go to war, what will happen to USA economy? Quote:Original post by Prune They're also another card in the by-now-getting-old periodic blackmail campaign that goes like this: start some mischief, go to six party talks, get more aid with false promises to be a good boy from now on; rinse a... 
Posted December 9, 2010 3:38:13 PM
*(*#^$#!@ Thief! Quote:Original post by Talroth Quote:Original post by Moe There are a few rules that everyone really should live by: 1. Don't mess with another man's wife. 2. Don't mess with another man's car. 3. Don't mess with another man's stuff. Anyone... 
Posted December 3, 2010 6:50:46 PM
*(*#^$#!@ Thief! Just out of curiosity, have you tried calling it? 
Posted December 3, 2010 5:26:31 PM
*(*#^$#!@ Thief! There are a few rules that everyone really should live by: 1. Don't mess with another man's wife. 2. Don't mess with another man's car. 3. Don't mess with another man's stuff. Anyone breaking any of these three rules has it coming. 
Posted December 3, 2010 5:21:04 PM
I think the original poster might have a point The same thing when you cross an elephant and a rhinoceros. Elephino. 
Posted December 2, 2010 5:12:40 PM
I think the original poster might have a point Quote:Original post by Madhed Quote:Original post by necreia Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? Wow, it really took me four reads to realize the sentence doen't make any sense at all. xD It'd be more... 
Posted December 2, 2010 1:44:44 PM
Best solutions for quickly browsing between open files/methods in VS? I'm not sure what language your project is in, but Resharper adds a few more navigational commands for C#. 
Posted November 30, 2010 10:05:59 PM
My housemate bought a unicycle instead of paying the bills Quote:Original post by geo2004 Quote:Original post by dave j Point out to him that, as he's screwed up and left you out of pocket, he's not allowed beer until he's paid you his share of the bills. Or better yet, buy him a case of beer and throw... 
Posted November 30, 2010 3:01:57 PM
If WW3 occurs within the next 6 months, thank WikiLeaks Quote:Original post by Katie "I don't understand why a child can trigger them, but these things can't" Quite apart from anything else, modern munitions often have an upper pressure trigger threshold as well as a lower one. Why? Exactly so yo... 
Posted November 29, 2010 10:51:40 PM
View All Replies Made By This User