Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know toasterthegamer...  
Full Name  
Nickname toasterthegamer 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://nanotech.pcriot.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 957  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/30/2007 11:33:09 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Specular Mapping with a doubles camera Hello, I've been working on a planet rendering system for a while now. We just recently implemented a doubles camera, and what I mean by that is to compensate for the lack of precision we setup a system where the meshes would move around the... 
Posted October 11, 2010 12:28:18 PM
ESM Artifacts Hi, I've been working on getting ESM working correctly and I am getting some weird self shadowing errors, I think its best explained by a screenshot. http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5209/artifacts.png As you can see their are clearly... 
Posted February 10, 2010 1:21:04 AM
[MMO] Space RTS Looking for Concept Artists Team Name – None at the moment (to be decided!). Project Name – None at the moment (to be decided!). Brief Description – Space RTS similar to several games but unique in its own way. Most of the game play elements, story line are being created... 
Posted October 1, 2009 1:18:13 PM
Combining Shadows Together Hello, I am trying to blend two shadow sources together. Currently I have tried to do: vertexshader = compile vs_3_0 vp(); pixelshader = compile ps_3_0 fp(); AlphaBlendEnable = True; AlphaTestEnable = false; SrcBlend = destcolor; ... 
Posted September 6, 2009 3:41:31 PM
Lighting a view aligned billboard in HLSL. Hi, I have a randomly generate tree that I've made and I have billboarded leaves randomly placed on the tree. The problem I'm having is that I always rotated them towards the camera so when I go to light the model the lighting rotates weirdly... 
Posted July 20, 2009 8:16:51 PM
Shadow mapping bug. I've been working on my first cubic shadow mapping shader writen in HLSL. I am running into some depth issues though and I cant seem to figure out whats wrong.. Image of the problem: http://willhostforfood.com/users/toasterthegamer/ShadowB... 
Posted September 1, 2008 7:05:21 PM
Shader Guru I am opening up a new site dedicated to shaders. You'll be able to find tutorials, articles, forums, IRC chat and much more! :D http://shaderguru.co.nr/ Please feel free to leave your suggestions and if you would like to help out as a mod or ad... 
Posted June 16, 2008 3:13:43 PM
Looking for 3D animators and Texture Artists! Team name: Edgefire Games Project name: Emancipal Brief description: The setting of the game places you 100 years from now, putting you in the exosuit of a soldier in the special forces. Your enemies will range from earth origin to others ou... 
Posted April 11, 2008 2:39:04 PM
Looking for a Texture Artist Team name: Edgefire Games Project name: Emancipal Brief description: The setting of the game places you 100 years from now, putting you in the exosuit of a soldier in the special forces. Your enemies will range from earth origin to others ou... 
Posted May 19, 2008 5:13:11 PM
Emancipal - The Creator These screenshot are from the editor for Emancipal - The Creator. The water shader is made by: Renaud Bédard (Zaknafein). The water is based on this article: http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article2138.asp Please visit our websi... 
Posted February 24, 2008 4:32:36 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Specular Mapping with a doubles camera Pulling Towards Poles You can see how its pulled towards the poles. :/ I made sure everything was correct it just seems to do this. -Toaster 
Posted October 11, 2010 8:10:32 PM
Specular Mapping with a doubles camera Quote:Original post by macnihilist If you're using XNA you could try to debug the shader with PIX. Things that I would check first: Are the tangents correct? (This strange 'screw' in the lighting could be the result of screwed tangents -- in gen... 
Posted October 11, 2010 3:44:33 PM
Specular Mapping with a doubles camera Yeah there are no projective transforms anywhere in the specular code. Maybe I can make a video, its hard to describe it I guess even with a picture. Anyone else have any thoughts? -Toaster 
Posted October 11, 2010 2:06:02 PM
Survey for shader writers How often do you write shaders, and how much experience do you have with them? I like to write at least one a week, and I have had over 1 year of experience with them. What shader language do you use? HLSL What contexts have you written... 
Posted August 15, 2010 3:12:39 PM
Theory: Collective Weathering You could probably do this in some sort of scaled back way.. It would be very limited though, and to be quite honest hardware just isn't to this point yet where we can achieve effects like these. The closest thing would probably be physX liquids and... 
Posted June 6, 2010 3:50:16 PM
Alpha, How to get rid on selfblend? Quote:Original post by Nik02You could render the opaque characters into a separate render target, and when finished, composite it with the rest of the scene by rendering the whole image as a texture on top of the background; adjusting the alpha... 
Posted May 31, 2010 10:25:58 PM
Medieval Model Maker Looks pretty nice! :) I cant wait to see more stuff. I'll defiantly be buying this once its released. -Toaster 
Posted May 21, 2010 12:25:31 AM
Starfare - Real-time 3D RTS (beta) Looks good I'll have a to run this sometime when I'm not so busy. I'm developing a similar game except its an MMORTS. You can check it out if you have the time to. My website is: http://unknownabstraction.blogspot.com/ -Toaster 
Posted May 21, 2010 12:21:21 AM
Sol Command's Free Models Does he have any more free work like this for download or is just these? They really are amazing models and I plan on using them in my upcoming game with full credit to him of course :) -Toaster 
Posted March 2, 2010 11:02:35 PM
Sol Command's Free Models Amazing models! Its great to see stuff like this released for free specially when you could of sold these! :) -Toaster 
Posted February 26, 2010 5:54:12 PM
View All Replies Made By This User