Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know dimovich...  
Full Name  
Nickname dimovich 
State/Province, Country Chisinau   Moldova, Republic of
GD Gathering City Ialoveni, Chisinau, Moldova, Republic of
Contact Info
Homepage URL netrix.sf.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1026  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/23/2005 1:50:47 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Netrix ("ultimate" Tetris clone) developer - C/Win32/OpenGL Hello, I'm looking for someone to continue the development of Netrix - the "ultimate" Tetris clone. Currently, it has support for 1 and 2 player game modes (against a human or computer opponent), programmable bots using built-in NetrixC scri... 
Posted December 15, 2006 8:14:52 AM
Alternative Forums I wonder, what alternative game development forums are there? It is good when you can compare :). 
Posted July 21, 2006 7:54:16 AM
Netrix - Tetris Reloaded I want to present you a somewhat functional version of Netrix, the best Tetris clone out there. Here are some of its features: * 1-player game type. * 2-player game type playable on a local computer against a human or again... 
Posted July 12, 2006 10:41:28 AM
Copying frontbuffer contents to backbuffer I have the frontbuffer with a completely drawn scene. I want to update only a small part of the scene without redrawing the entire scene from scratch... I guess I could do that by copying the frontbuffer to backbuffer and updating only the... 
Posted June 5, 2006 4:14:27 PM
Free Graphics Assets I'm developing a 2D adventure game but I don't have any graphics assets. Does anyone know of any web-resource with free graphics resources for games ? Thanks, 
Posted May 14, 2006 4:51:49 AM
Tetris AI Algorithms I'm developing a tetris clone that provides the option to play against a computer. The bots are written in a C-like scripting language so that anyone could modify the bot AI. Currently there is only one bot available, and it is rathe... 
Posted May 4, 2006 5:17:24 AM
Article editors I'm planning to write some articles and would like to ask if anybody knows of some good HTML editors. I'm rather novice to HTML and it would be great if I had to write only the text and provide the images for the editor to render the article... 
Posted May 4, 2006 5:25:17 AM
Win32 - Console simulation with edit box I'm writting a game under Win32, and have a console window. You can enter commands, change various options from it in "realtime" :) The console window is composed of 2 edit boxes. One for the input line, and the other for the command history... 
Posted March 10, 2006 1:53:56 AM
Win32 - "SysIPAddress32" control is not shown on Win2k. I have a dialog box. This dialog box contains a "SysIPAddress32" control. I'm developing on a WinXP box, and everything runs fine. But when I tested my application on a Win2k box, the dialog box was not shown. I've done a little debu... 
Posted February 24, 2006 10:10:54 AM
wglMakeCurrent details I have an application that uses OpenGL as graphics API. I have multiple rendering contexts that are attached to different windows. Before drawing to any of the windows, I call wglMakeCurrent to set the current rendering context... The questio... 
Posted February 24, 2006 10:10:10 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Netrix - Tetris Reloaded Netrix is unique in its own way. It is the only available tetris clone with programmable bots. The source code is polished enough so you can use it in your own projects. This is an OpenSource project, so any help is appreciated... [Ed... 
Posted July 18, 2006 12:22:12 PM
Netrix - Tetris Reloaded Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster Is your game supporting user customize-able interface? (like backgraound color, block color - different color for each type of blocks still is the best way to go, in my opinion) Yes. You can configure every... 
Posted July 13, 2006 2:53:46 AM
Copying frontbuffer contents to backbuffer What do you exactly mean by "flipping" ? Is it SwapBuffers() ? It'll be great if you would post some example code on how to do this... 
Posted June 7, 2006 3:36:33 AM
Good game architecture books for a total newbie? Why buy a book when you can download tons of books from p2p networks? 
Posted May 14, 2006 6:27:08 PM
Tetris AI Algorithms Damn, what a great feeling :)... My bot managed to score 80k completed lines. And it is a simple, 1-piece algorithm, whith no advanced stuff in it. 
Posted May 9, 2006 2:14:51 PM
Tetris AI Algorithms I'll take my chance and show you what I've done so far. The game is ~60% complete. I haven't written any manual on the built-in scripting language... I'll do this later. I hope this is helpful. Here is the link: http://p4p.skynet.md/files/359... 
Posted May 9, 2006 12:55:07 PM
Article editors A good editor would be "Nvu". I liked it. 
Posted May 5, 2006 4:12:54 AM
Tetris AI Algorithms Thanks for your advices. You really gave me some clever ideas. My current bot uses this formula: merit = rowsEliminated; merit += -1*cellsOccupied; merit += -5*holesShadowed; merit += -4*pileHeight; There are some minor issues with it but o... 
Posted May 5, 2006 4:10:34 AM
Article editors Thanks for your advices. 
Posted May 4, 2006 5:52:27 AM
Win32 - Console simulation with edit box I've found the solution in the Quake3 source code (win_syscon.c). HWND hWndEdit; //command history edit box handle TCHAR *szBuff; //command history text buffer ... //Scroll down to the last line SendMessage( hWndEdit, EM_LINESCROLL, 0, 0... 
Posted March 12, 2006 4:31:37 AM
View All Replies Made By This User