Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Isokron...  
Full Name  
Nickname Isokron 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1064  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/26/2002 11:21:14 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Water renderer These images show a new water renderer that I have created for the open source RTS TaSpring. It supports the usual stuff for water rendering like reflections, refractions, specular highlights, fresnel etc. The cool part though is that it renders the... 
Posted April 9, 2006 2:32:50 AM
TaSpring These images is from the RTS game TaSpring that me and some others have been working on for a bit over a year. Its based on the old game Total Annihilation but with significant improvements such as fully 3D(including shadows,reflective wate... 
Posted September 15, 2005 6:35:40 AM
FBO without depth attachment? In the spec for framebuffer_object there is an example for how to use FBOs without a color buffer and just drawing to the depth buffer (I must confess that I havent read the entire spec). But is it possible to do the opposite and only attach a c... 
Posted February 5, 2006 5:19:57 AM
Need programmer with 3d modelling experience for RTS game Team name: None really Project name: TA Spring Brief description: Spring is an opensource RTS engine that is based on the old RTS Total Annihilation. The engine is working and available for download. Among other things we are currently... 
Posted October 14, 2005 12:34:07 PM
How can this happen Take a look at this screenshot. As can be seen in the watch window it comparing 507 + 4 with 512 but for some reason it thinks 513<512 and manages to get into the if statement and crash. How can this happen ? 
Posted May 27, 2005 5:17:42 AM
VirtualAlloc+HeapCreate ? Me and some others are working on a RTS (taspring.clan-sy.com) that is starting to shape up. The problem is keeping computers in networked games syncronized. The networking format is build upon sending just the user input and having all computer... 
Posted April 24, 2005 5:20:00 AM
Vertex program and clipplanes It seems like ClipPlanes doesnt work together with vertex programs on Nvidia cards while it works perfectly on ATI cards. Does anyone know what the spec says? (yes im lazy i suppose). With clipplanes, without clipplanes. 
Posted February 13, 2005 3:44:15 PM
Getting info from crash address I am creating a game that might soon have progressed far enough that some public testing is in order. My problem is that if the program crash on your own computer you can easily get visual to show the function it crashed on in a release bui... 
Posted February 1, 2005 3:30:14 AM
Restricted access to data Im currently writing a RTS game that uses syncronized simulation on all machines and just sending user input over the network. The problem is that some parts of the programs are unsyncronized (everything having to do with drawing etc) and some s... 
Posted November 14, 2004 3:10:36 AM
Need gui programmer for RTS Hello, me and three friends are currently working on a remake/improvement of the classic RTS Total Annihilation. Sadly none of us have enough time to really work on the GUI. So we would need another programmer that can take over that part o... 
Posted September 16, 2004 2:57:42 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
A Robust Alternative to Perspective Shadow Mapping To see this type of shadows (using sqrt for compression) being used in a more complete game see TaSpring.  
Posted July 28, 2006 6:15:35 PM
Water renderer Wolf: The vertex shader texturing doesnt seem (on GF6600GT at least) to be the bottleneck, I get the same framerate with or without it. I dont think it would run well on Radeon 9x00 cards anyway. obsesedgamer: We are using our own engine ... 
Posted April 18, 2006 10:15:54 AM
Water renderer I have added a fallback path that draws the water flat without using textures in the vertex shader now. It doesnt look as good but it should work on ATI cards. 
Posted April 16, 2006 3:21:25 AM
Water renderer I do a texture lookup in the vertex shader which I use to transform the height of the vertices. 
Posted April 12, 2006 3:56:57 AM
Water renderer Leo_E_49: Yes I have increased the ambient waves a bit after I took those screenshots taby: Not sure what their work is, I used an equation from some nvidia paper for the fresnel effect (b + (1-b) * cos(angle)^5).  
Posted April 10, 2006 3:18:13 AM
FBO without depth attachment? glGenFramebuffersEXT(1,&frameBuffer); glBindFramebufferEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, frameBuffer); glFramebufferTexture2DEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0_EXT, GL_TEXTURE_2D, waveTex1, 0); glDisable(GL_DEPTH_TEST); glDepthMask(0); g... 
Posted February 5, 2006 3:46:27 PM
Need programmer with 3d modelling experience for RTS game No luck so far. (ok blatant bump) 
Posted October 16, 2005 4:06:10 PM
A* 2-teir pathfinding... questions? In a RTS game im developing ( taspring.clan-sy.com) we use three tiers of A*. The base one on each square, one on 8x8 and one on 32x32 squares. This lead to very fast path searches over the whole map (meaning we can be l... 
Posted September 19, 2005 3:10:10 AM
TaSpring Yes we know about the uberhack mod (one of the images are called "ships in the uberhack mod" after all). It exists as a downloadable mod for spring. The idea is to move away from the original TA content to free content when possible, its somethin... 
Posted September 18, 2005 10:34:51 AM
Warcraft 3 AI Files Me and some others are creating an open source RTS that currently uses Total Annihilation as a base for units etc. It supports pluginable AI through DLL files which sounds like what you are looking for. There is two different kinds of AI DLLs that yo... 
Posted July 14, 2005 5:05:07 AM
View All Replies Made By This User