Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know the_dannobot...  
Full Name Dan Manning
Nickname the_dannobot 
State/Province, Country TX   United States
GD Gathering City Austin, TX, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.superpillowfighter.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Software Engineer 
Job Description Defense Contractor 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1350  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/13/2003 6:34:42 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Super Pillow Fighter 2D is available! Super Pillow Fighter 2D is a 2D fighting game that is played with smash-style rules. It supports hot-seat multiplayer fighting for up to four players, against each other or the computer. I've been talking about it on the forums here for... 
Posted June 29, 2007 10:55:28 AM
Super Pillow Fighter 2D This is my game that I've been working on for a while, "Super Pillow Fighter 2D". It's a 2D fighting game played with smash-rules. It features paper-doll animation, negative edge, Street Fighter 2-style movesets, and intense pillow fighti... 
Posted April 16, 2007 1:55:09 PM
No IOTD topics/replies in user profile... I didn't see this suggestion in here, and it's really been buggin me... When you go to a user's profile, IOTD's that they've posted don't show up in the "Topics started by this user". I also noticed that replies/posts in IOTD threads don't show up... 
Posted April 30, 2007 11:56:42 PM
the_dannimator This is a tool I wrote for creating animations for my 2D animation engine. The engine is a combination of frame and skeletal animation. You use a bunch of different pictures for the bones, and you can swap out images and rotate the bones etc. O... 
Posted November 24, 2005 10:57:50 PM
I love 2d fight games If I could, I would spend all day designing, playing, and talking about 2d fight games. I've been writing a simple 2d smash style fight game, and as a result of researching 2d fight games I'm currently obsessed with them. Here's why I like 2... 
Posted January 30, 2007 1:01:25 PM
Texas: Civil rights protest gets ugly Since everyone is hating on Texas as a social backwater this week in the Lounge, I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and post this: Peaceful Zombie rights march gets protested by Pirates This is disgusting. I can't beleive that a few u... 
Posted October 4, 2006 12:18:44 PM
Microsoft opens XBox 360 for indie dev I didn't see a thread about this, so I don't know if everybody saw this yet. Microsoft opens xbox 360 I wouldn't believe it if it weren't on microsoft.com: MSDN page I'm pretty jazzed about this. 
Posted August 14, 2006 11:31:31 AM
Steampunk Transformers I've got to admit, my inner-nerd started giggling like a 12 year old school girl when I saw these new steam-punk themed Transformers I especially like Starscream as a Wright Flyer. 
Posted March 2, 2006 1:45:01 PM
IG: Independent Games clicky Has anyone picked this up yet? I'm trying to find a list of the games included, and having no luck with the internets. If you havn't bought it yet, why not? ;) 
Posted January 6, 2006 3:21:40 PM
Stephen King's "The Colorado Kid" is the worst book ever (spoilers) I just finished reading Stephen King's new mystery novel, "The Colorado Kid". If you havn't heard of it, it's in the form of a 40's pulp mystery novel. It's pretty short, and I thought it might be an entertaining read. Here's the spoiler, so if... 
Posted November 22, 2005 10:53:18 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Deploying a Program With Visual C++ I don't think you can do a deployment project in Visual Studio Express, it's only available in Standard and Professional editions. Sorry dude :( 
Posted November 25, 2009 11:39:33 AM
The second time I quit smoking Go talk to your doctor about Chantix! You take a pill and you quit smoking. I smoked a pack a day for ten years, and tried everything to quit. It's a little expensive, you need a prescription, and it has some weird side effects, but EVERYONE I... 
Posted September 16, 2009 2:39:36 PM
Whats your Ideal Computer Industry job? Quote:Original post by issch Quote:Original post by ViLiO Cake eater. Definitely changing my life goals to this. Best. Job. Ever. Don't be so hasty. I know a dude who knows a dude who got a job as a cake eater. Except he didn't read the job des... 
Posted June 7, 2008 2:17:26 PM
Full Sail University hahahaha SUP TANG! i saw this thread and was like "oh snap, I bet tang is in there" tang is totally right, it doesn't matter what school you go to or how smart you are. If we're talking about getting a job, it's all about who you know and playin... 
Posted June 7, 2008 1:28:23 PM
Hit and run - would you help? yeah, I can't believe they all just stood around! I mean, I would've at least checked his pockets for money 
Posted June 7, 2008 12:53:05 PM
trying to make 2-d fighters feel new and fresh What are the differences between simple, complex, and multi-platform? 
Posted February 27, 2008 10:30:08 AM
trying to make 2-d fighters feel new and fresh You know what I think makes 2d fighters more confusing than they have to be? The in game UI, especially the GAUGES Most of the recent 2d fighters I've played have at least 3 per player. They are stacked like pancakes all over the UI, they are ch... 
Posted February 14, 2008 10:49:40 AM
trying to make 2-d fighters feel new and fresh Quote:Original post by NathanRunge Personally I prefer a smoother, more dynamic and rich look. Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, the reason it has those jagged edges is I turned off all the texture filtering. When you do that and rotate a bitmap, yo... 
Posted February 12, 2008 4:26:19 PM
trying to make 2-d fighters feel new and fresh Quote:Original post by JBourrie Come up with a fighting system that maps all of the players moves to only two buttons (the more moves you can give him, the better). ooooh, I've got dibs on that one :) That's actually what I've been... 
Posted February 11, 2008 6:40:27 PM
trying to make 2-d fighters feel new and fresh Yeah, that movie looks like it would be pretty fun to play :) I like how fast the characters move, and how they are constantly bouncing all over the screen. It would be pretty cool to be able to double jump and air dash as much as you want. I don'... 
Posted February 7, 2008 10:43:45 AM
View All Replies Made By This User