Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Greg K...  
Full Name Greg Koreman
Nickname Greg K 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.reverieentertainment.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/20/2001 1:09:09 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
DDS Loading in .NET 2.0 Is there any function to load a DDS file into a bitmap? (ie: to be used on a button or some other gui element). .Net is so huge I would have imagined that such a function would be built in, however if it is I have yet to find it. I wrote some... 
Posted April 14, 2006 2:01:39 AM
Texture Mapping problems How does one reliably render a pre-transformed textured quad without getting scaling artifacting? I can easily do this with a power of 2 texture, but when I try to use anything that is not a power of 2 the texture gets stretched (even though... 
Posted February 20, 2006 1:17:07 AM
GetCurrentPosition Failed? DirectSound question. I create the buffer and set it to play. It starts playing (I can hear it play the first buffered piece) But then when this code runs: DWORD playCursor = 0; HRESULT result = buffer->GetCurrentPosition(&playCursor,... 
Posted September 20, 2005 11:47:38 PM
Debug Mode After a bit of aggravation I can now change the debug level in DirectSound. Where does this debug information go though? Is there a log file somewhere that holds all DirectSound error logs? -Greg 
Posted September 21, 2005 11:50:39 PM
CSS Positioning I want to use top:0px; bottom:1px; left:0px; right:1px; to size my div. This works great in firefox, but dies in IE. How do I do this? -Greg 
Posted June 24, 2005 4:24:03 AM
DrawIndexedPrimitive Hello, I am having trouble with DrawIndexedPrimitive. The terrain in the game that we are making is being drawn in chunks with calls to drawindexedprimitive. Each chunk uses the same index buffer but we offset the vertex it is pointing to when we ren... 
Posted May 3, 2005 7:23:29 PM
ATi "The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop" I am having a hard time debugging a problem I am having. The problem stems from the fact that the engine has been developed and tested on an nVidia card, and now we are trying to use it on ATi cards. The program runs, loads one map, an... 
Posted April 27, 2005 8:31:03 PM
Ogg Vorbis ov_open My question is simple. Why doesn't this work? It gives me a seg fault when ov_open is called. It never hits any of my message boxes. Any help would be great. -Greg FILE* file = fopen(filename, "rb"); if( !file ) { MessageBox(NULL, "FAILE... 
Posted April 14, 2005 7:27:37 PM
IDirectSoundBuffer8 from DirectMusic? I am trying to stream ogg files in DirectMusic. I have read that to stream music you just need a IDirectSoundBuffer and then lock it and write new data when the old data has been played. It all looks pretty good and simple, but how do I get an IDirec... 
Posted April 10, 2005 12:32:17 PM
DirectMusic Theory Just had a couple questions that I was hoping someone could help clarify. Say I have a sound segment. I want to play this sound segment in three different 3D locations at the same time. To do this, would I need 3 audioPaths? I am assuming so, but... 
Posted April 1, 2005 9:28:12 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
DDS Loading in .NET 2.0 I would recommend loading the DDS texture from disk and decompressing it manually. Wikipedia does an ok job of describing the format. Once you understand it, it is not too difficult to decompress. 
Posted October 24, 2006 5:01:20 PM
DDS Loading in .NET 2.0 yeah, I already wrote a custom loader in c++ so it is pretty trivial to move it to managed c++. Thought I would try anyway. -Greg 
Posted April 14, 2006 11:29:14 PM
DDS Loading in .NET 2.0 We are using them as textures for our game. I only need to display samples of them in my application. It looks like it will be easier to just load them manually rather than start up DirectX just for loading textures. Thanks, Greg 
Posted April 14, 2006 11:25:25 AM
Texture Mapping problems yeah, I can figure out how to play with the u,v coordinates to get the result I want. Thanks for all the help getting me there. -Greg Koreman  
Posted February 22, 2006 1:24:35 PM
Texture Mapping problems I was thinking more like doing it automatically when I load the image from disk, using the image dimensions from the file instead of having a seperate text file. 
Posted February 22, 2006 2:55:24 AM
Texture Mapping problems okay, I fixed the problem with the texels not lining up with the pixels. Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I am still not having the results I wanted. This is because the texture is being scaled up to the closest power of two, just as you said. I... 
Posted February 22, 2006 12:28:51 AM
GetCurrentPosition Failed? Am I missing something with this debug mode thing? It seems to be giving very little info. -Greg 
Posted September 22, 2005 9:19:42 AM
GetCurrentPosition Failed? Cranked up DirectSound debug and am using Dbgview.exe. Tells me that Directsound starts, and then nothing. No errors at all. -Greg 
Posted September 22, 2005 12:25:26 AM
Please Help, Game not working. The definition of class Warrior has to be described before you instantiate it. To do this follow these steps: 1. Take the class definition (everything inside class Warrior{}) and put it in a file called Warrior.h 2. Take all the warrior functio... 
Posted September 22, 2005 12:00:33 AM
GetCurrentPosition Failed? I hate to bump, but I posted this later yesterday evening and not many people saw it before it left the front page... -Greg 
Posted September 21, 2005 11:01:31 AM
View All Replies Made By This User