Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Licu...  
Full Name  
Nickname Licu 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.quadsoftware.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1019  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/31/2004 4:37:11 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Graphite Outdoor Renderer Released Graphite Outdoor Renderer ReleasedPosted by: Adrian Licu at June 29, 2009 9:04:35 AMQuad Software announced today the public release of Graphite library, the Grome editor reference renderer. Graphite is the outdoor rendering middleware developed by Q... 
Posted June 29, 2009 9:04:35 AM
Grome 2 Editor Released Grome 2 Editor ReleasedPosted by: Adrian Licu at June 17, 2009 2:05:07 PMGrome 2 Released Professional Grome modeler reaches major version 2 Europe, Bucharest, June 18, 2009 - Quad Software announced today the release of Grome 2 modeling applicat... 
Posted June 17, 2009 2:05:07 PM
Generic vs Native call convention reference counts Hi, I've recently converted the scripting code from native calling convention to generic one for 64bit compilation (I am using Visual Studio 2005, Vista, 64bit). In the previous version (on 32bit), when I've registered a class to the scrip... 
Posted May 6, 2009 6:45:16 AM
asFUNCTION and asCALL_GENERIC I have the following issue. I have a wrapper class around asIScriptEngine which register the syntax. One of this class functions, RegClassFunc, registers the a class function: t_error nASEngine::RegClassFunc(const char *class_name, const char... 
Posted March 21, 2009 12:28:27 PM
64 bit support for Windows (Visual C) Hello, Has anyone started working on 64 bit support for Windows (Visual C 2005/2008) (based on the existing GCC support)? I just wanted to know what's the status on that and I know many asked for this support. Regards, Adrian L. 
Posted March 6, 2009 2:44:14 AM
Grome Modeler Used for Professional MMO Solution Grome Modeler Used for Professional MMO SolutionPosted by: Licu at March 26, 2008 4:09:41 AMStart Vault and Quad Software collaborate to make Grome modeling available to a professional MMO developing platform. During the prototype phase of the dev... 
Posted March 26, 2008 4:09:41 AM
Grome Modeler Version 1.2 Released Grome Modeler Version 1.2 ReleasedPosted by: Adrian Licuriceanu at March 12, 2008 11:44:56 AMProfessional Grome modeler enhanced with new tools and speed improvements Europe, March 12, 2008 - Quad Software announced today the release of version 1.... 
Posted March 12, 2008 11:44:56 AM
Grome Landscape and Level Modeler Hello, This is a sample scene created by our lead artist in our landscape and level editor, Grome. Grome can use various geometry and texture procedural generation algorithms and also has very fast and customizable layer and brush systems. It i... 
Posted April 11, 2007 8:38:11 PM
Grome 1.1 Released Grome 1.1 ReleasedPosted by: Adrian Licuriceanu at August 22, 2007 3:55:54 PMGrome 1.1 Version Released Bucharest, Europe, August 22, 2007 – Quad Software announced today the release of version 1.1 of Grome graphical editing application. Product o... 
Posted August 22, 2007 9:55:54 AM
Loading alpha only texture from 8bit grayscale Hi, I'm trying to load alpha only texture (D3DFMT_A8 format with D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx) from 8bit grayscale images (tried tga and png formats). But DirectX is always loading the images as 32bit textures (ARGB) with alpha completely white.... 
Posted June 5, 2007 4:47:16 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Generic vs Native call convention reference counts Thank you for clarifications. Yes, maybe the best approach is to document the differences (at least until of unification) so other people will find it easier to use the generic approach. I've personally used the standard string registration as exampl... 
Posted May 7, 2009 2:46:06 AM
asFUNCTION and asCALL_GENERIC Oh, yes, I just need to use: _as_engine->RegisterObjectMethod(class_name, decl, asFUNCTION((asGENFUNC_t)func_pnt), asCALL_GENERIC) Many thanks! Adrian L. 
Posted March 21, 2009 12:43:17 PM
64 bit support for Windows (Visual C) Ok, thanks. I was also assuming that generic calls are a littler slower (since there are some virtual functions involved for getting parameters and returning the function value with asIScriptGeneric). 
Posted March 6, 2009 10:25:51 AM
64 bit support for Windows (Visual C) Hi Andreas, About Express and 64 bit, this is what I've found on Wikipedia: "The Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition can be used to compile .NET as well as Win32 applications immediately after installation. However, natively compiling 64-bit... 
Posted March 6, 2009 8:46:03 AM
64 bit support for Windows (Visual C) Hi, I was asking if someone is working on AngelScript support for native calls on 64 bit compilation under Visual Studio. I know that with the latest AngelScript version there is support for 64 compilation under x86 gcc compiler. Som... 
Posted March 6, 2009 3:47:53 AM
Grome Landscape and Level Modeler Version 1.1 was launched: http://www.quadsoftware.com/index.php?m=section&sec=product&subsec=editor New features include pen tablet support and custom properties per scene entities: http://www.quadsoftware.com/index.php?m=section&sec=product&sub... 
Posted August 28, 2007 7:33:47 AM
Grome Landscape and Level Modeler Just a quick update for anyone interested: a new video extended tutorial for a flight simulator map was posted: http://www.quadsoftware.com/index.php?m=section&sec=product&subsec=editor&target=Editor/tutorial_flight_sim Regards, Adrian L. 
Posted July 18, 2007 3:05:40 PM
Grome Landscape and Level Modeler Hi, yes COLLADA has support for physics attributes to be saved. But Grome is a modeling application (and specially designed for outdoor scenes), it has nothing to do with physics (at least for now). In the future we may add new modules to the editor... 
Posted June 8, 2007 1:58:51 PM
Grome Landscape and Level Modeler It can save the terrain geometry in COLLADA format along side the layers' images. As it comes with a default COLLADA package format plugin, it can also browse and read the content of the COLLADA .dae files (inside the editor Package Browser) as seaml... 
Posted April 13, 2007 1:25:49 PM
Grome Landscape and Level Modeler Hi, The vertical slopes are handled by the possibility of using any planar mapping (from any direction: up-down, vertical, with spinning etc). The mapping can be set individually on any layer and the vertical masks can be created procedurally... 
Posted April 12, 2007 5:02:02 AM
View All Replies Made By This User