Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know skarmachild...  
Full Name Ben Johnson
Nickname skarmachild 
State/Province, Country Aberdeen City   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Aberdeen, Aberdeen City, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://curiositylabs.vndv.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Graphic Designer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1047  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/20/2005 10:26:16 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Programmer Requires for iPad/Touch Game Team Name Curiosity Labs Website Curiosity Blog - used to have official website but couldn't afford hosting Project Name Archo Brief Description Archo is a game concept that I have been working on for the past few years. As such the... 
Posted November 21, 2010 9:21:03 AM
Graphics Artist (2D Pixel Art, UI etc) Available Hey! My names Ben Johnson, I go under the name Bweezl though according to my online portfolio anyway. I can do Pixel Art/Animation as well as User Interface graphics, here are some examples of my work. I am looking to get any kind of work... 
Posted November 6, 2010 3:29:05 PM
2D Pixel-Platformer/Exploration Game - Programmer Required Team Name: Curiosity Labs (however, Project Barry is seperate from what the other team is working on) Project Name: Project Barry (mainly cause I can't think of a name for it) Brief description: Project Barry is a retro 2D platform/puzz... 
Posted February 16, 2010 7:53:40 AM
Project Barry - ActionScript 3 Programmer Required Team Name: Curiosity Labs (however, Project Barry is seperate from what the other team is working on) Project Name: Project Barry (mainly cause I can't think of a name for it) Brief description: Project Barry is a retro 2D platform/puzz... 
Posted November 5, 2009 11:45:23 AM
Programmer Needed to Join Team for Puzzle Game! Team Name: Curiosity Labs Project Name: Archo Team Website: Curiosity Labs Website (A new design is coming soon, here is a preview: Click Here Brief Description: Archo is a PC Windows puzzle game that has been in development for a goo... 
Posted August 17, 2009 2:05:35 PM
Begginer Team Seaks Members - Lets create a game! Team name: Curiosity Labs Project name: Archo/??? (game not decided) Brief description: Please Read at "More Info" Target aim: A fully playable download on our website, as well as the posibility of an iPod App Store release. Comp... 
Posted June 11, 2009 6:47:09 AM
A team! A team, my country for a team! Hello! The names Ben, or most people know me as skarmachild (or skarma). Team Name: Curiosity Labs I float about a lot of indie forums and have my own website and blog (website) (blog). Brief Description: Looking for various programmer... 
Posted February 4, 2009 12:01:32 PM
Programmers Wanted for PC Puzzle Project (Demo Inside) Team name: Curiosity Labs Project name: The name of our current project is Archo. Brief description: Archo has been in production on and off for the past year. After having a version made (demo of it located below): -coming soon- ... 
Posted October 2, 2008 7:14:57 AM
Stylish Style - Have I got it right? Basically, this game is a match-3 game, but I like to give my games a stylish lick of paint. I'd like feedback as to what you think of the style of the game and the menus, as I see them as being very important to a essentially shallow game. I... 
Posted April 1, 2007 6:47:49 PM
Requesting Music for Puzzle Game (similar to Lumines/Meteos) Okay, Essentially I'm looking for a musician to join our team, currently working on the game Archo - a freeware puzzler for the PC. As it is freeware, I cannot pay any musicians to make music for us. Though if you have already composed music... 
Posted April 1, 2007 6:48:01 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
[MMO] Azareal Online Requires 2D and 3D Artists Looks like hardcharger just got chargedhard. Good luck with it man, I'd be up for doing some GUI work, have a look at my portfolio and see what you think - http://bweezl.carbonmade.com/ (probly skip down to video games) 
Posted November 21, 2010 10:40:21 AM
Anti-Squish (Published Android App) - Seeking 2D Artist for Make-Over Email sent =] Something quick I whipped up in Photoshop, obviousely will be more detailed and pro if you decide to take me on=]  
Posted November 21, 2010 10:11:03 AM
[PAID] Artist needed for Overhead Shooter Heya, How does a pixel art style sound to you? I'm thinking commodore style, major bullet hell in 8-bit would be sweet :D Heres some work I've done for a game in a similar pixel style:  
Posted June 25, 2010 4:40:40 PM
Programmer looking for a small project I'll PM you =] 
Posted August 17, 2009 6:01:50 PM
Programmers Wanted for PC Puzzle Project (Demo Inside) Website Updated, still being worked on Find it @ www.curiositylabs.co.uk 
Posted October 5, 2008 1:41:46 PM
Show and Tell: Your latest work/projects... [image heavy] Haha, well I would've posted pictures of my previous project - Archo. But development for that has temporarily stopped. Instead, here's a mini-site for a game I'm working on now. or I'm still not happy with either of the characters... 
Posted February 22, 2008 3:15:29 PM
Curiosity Labs looking for programmers Hey there, this is Ben Johnson, lead artist for Archo. Little update; if you get in on this project then you have a chance of working on a possible DS and/or XBox 360 Live Arcade version. I'll say that musicians and artists would be best... 
Posted May 27, 2007 5:06:55 PM
Stylish Style - Have I got it right? Menus look washed out due to the file format being saved. I might edit the Ace of Spades skin to be less... red. Heh. And to "sunandshadow", most of the skins are low contrast, but I'll make a grayscale background and coloured blocks, see how t... 
Posted April 2, 2007 4:00:00 AM
Archo, Puzzle Game, PC Freeware, Joining the Team. Are you allowed to bump your posts? 1 per day isn't it? Well this is a bump. 
Posted December 31, 2006 6:06:10 AM
Members For 'Beginner' Team Wanted! Thanks for all the replies people :) But we're also needing musicians who would like to work on the game and/or join the team. 
Posted July 31, 2006 2:47:02 PM
View All Replies Made By This User