Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Toolmaker...  
Full Name  
Nickname Toolmaker 
State/Province, Country Noord-Holland   Netherlands
GD Gathering City Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.toolmaker.nl 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1556  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/10/2003 6:54:05 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
MFC drawing transparent checkbox I'm trying to get an MFC checkbox to draw itself with a transparent background, and at this point, I'm going nuts because nothing seems to work. Initially, I figured I'd handle the WM_ERASEBKGND, BitBlt() to an in-memory bitmap and when re-paintin... 
Posted November 10, 2010 4:53:12 AM
About to rage: Importing and working with [test] certificates I'm currently working with some WCF stuff to get myself properly acquainted with it so I can actually write some business stuff in it and perhaps make some money with my skills and ideas. However, I never worked with (self-signed) certificates a... 
Posted October 14, 2010 11:12:41 AM
Learning to play guitar? For the past few years I've wanted to learn to play the guitar, but never really got around to it. I have the time this summer, so I think it's time to appropriate myself a guitar and start learning. However, I can't really afford lessons and the... 
Posted July 15, 2010 3:36:58 PM
I give up... Generating a cylinder I feel really stupid for failing this one, but for some reason I can't seem to wrap my mind around generating a cylinder that falls within the dimensions of a certain segment. Maybe it's because of my meds, but I can't seem to think clearly toda... 
Posted June 22, 2010 7:40:52 AM
Designing a .NET WCF Web service - What to keep in mind? I'm currently in the process of designing and developing a WCF (web) service which is to be used over mobile phone clients(multiple platforms) for various things. The clients will need to authenticate themselves to the service and then regularly call... 
Posted June 20, 2010 4:15:58 PM
Which eReader do you have? I'm currently considering to get myself an ereader, because I'm getting really fed up with reading ebooks from my laptop. I don't like the screen, and a laptop is way too bulky to use to read in the train/bus. However, I looked at the Kindle, and... 
Posted June 13, 2010 7:44:51 PM
Windows Mobile GUI toolkits? I'm currently in the process of building a summer (prototype) project to try out some ideas I've been toying with for a few months now. The idea is cross mobile platform applicable, but since I own a HTC Touch Pro 2 with WM6.5, I might as well try it... 
Posted June 11, 2010 10:13:34 AM
MFC / WTL: WM_INITDIALOG never arriving :/ I recently started incorporating WTL CPropertySheetImpl (And Page) into our application to support Aero-style interfaces under Windows Vista and Windows 7. It all works, except I now want to change the appearance of the CPropertySheetImpl it... 
Posted May 25, 2010 4:45:17 AM
Webservice communicating with a real-time app? I'm currently looking into developing a little project for myself that relies on sending information over the internet from the clients. So, a webservice comes to mind for doing exactly that: Clients use the webservice to send/receive their info... 
Posted May 30, 2010 7:13:05 PM
Lock / shut down PC after certain times? I'm currently suffering a bit from insomnia, which results in me spending more and more time in the evenings behind my computer, because I cannot sleep anyway. The results are predictable: I get to bed even later and still cannot sleep. I want to... 
Posted May 11, 2010 7:48:05 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
extended ascii (, ,...) Quote:Original post by m_power_hax Quote:Original post by Evil Steve Quote:Original post by m_power_hax Nope, didn't work. I was able to remove characters (making the grid be 5x5 as an example). But making the grid (16x16) and making the loops go... 
Posted December 10, 2010 11:51:13 AM
Booze to get mind off the code I've been suffering from sleeping problems for about 2.5 years now, and probably longer. I remember the times when I just couldn't sleep and either keep trashing about or went out of bed and had my ex-girlfriend complain the morning that I kept her u... 
Posted October 28, 2010 5:36:35 PM
Multiple Header problem Quote:Original post by SiCrane Let me get this straight, I try to help you and you refuse to post the code that's actually giving you trouble or any error messages, and you think I'm the prick? Rate--. Whoops, I tripped and fell over my own stupi... 
Posted October 19, 2010 11:17:16 AM
About to rage: Importing and working with [test] certificates It seems it has to do with the permissions on my MachineKeys folder. I can import the certificate into it from the MMC console, and I can give out permissions to it with the winhttpcrtcfg, but using it won't work. I added the certificate in m... 
Posted October 15, 2010 8:10:30 AM
What should I do in Amsterdam? Quote:Original post by PouyaCat Quote:Original post by jouley If a GDnet Amsterdam meet happens in the next week, PM me! I'm completely on my own after Sunday and will be craving normal conversation by late Wednesday when the free time kicks... 
Posted October 3, 2010 8:05:35 AM
What should I do in Amsterdam? Quote:Original post by jouley Eating herring from a street vendor, perhaps finding some fresh stroopwafels rather than the imported ones we have here... nothing too specific. In that case, you might want to go to the market on the Alber... 
Posted October 1, 2010 1:30:33 PM
What should I do in Amsterdam? I have no idea about all the touristy things, but I highly recommend that you DO make a trip around the red light district, purely for entertainment purposes. It's a great place to stroll around for about half an hour to an hour and then make your wa... 
Posted October 1, 2010 11:50:31 AM
Final Destination Experiences / Near Death I once nearly had a near death experience, but I managed to avoid it. 
Posted September 22, 2010 7:58:51 AM
Eye floaters, health anxiety & motivation (oh my) Heh, I never knew what the hell these things were. I always found it amusing I had some sort of weird wormy things float in my eyes at bright days, thought they were pecks of dust on my retina. I used to play little games with it, rolling my eye... 
Posted September 19, 2010 8:53:32 PM
Learning to play guitar? Thanks for all the advice. A friend lend me her guitar for a few weeks, allowing me to practice and see if I want to buy my own guitar in the long run. If I keep up with it, I'm sure I'll buy one myself. As for tutorials, I took a look at jus... 
Posted July 25, 2010 5:03:40 PM
View All Replies Made By This User