Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know MurphyIdiot...  
Full Name Brian Cronin
Nickname MurphyIdiot 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://nimblebit.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1034  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/10/2005 5:10:46 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Zero Gear Thread Part 2: Die Harder For some reason my last thread is disabled. So here we go again... Zero Gear is a game being developed by NimbleBit for the PC. Check out our development blog here. Here is the latest update. We have our garage working. The garage is the are... 
Posted July 25, 2008 1:38:08 PM
Zero Gear Zero Gear is a kart racer being developed by NimbleBit for the PC. Some technical details. Rendering: Ogre3D GUI: Navi Physics: Bullet Networking: ENet and EPIC Scripting: Lua and LuaBind This is our latest video showing our first network... 
Posted March 18, 2008 9:47:42 AM
Zero Gear: An independent multiplayer kart racing game Zero Gear is a game being developed by NimbleBit for the PC. Check out our development blog here. UPDATE! Our new gameplay video! This is a video we recently created that shows some people playing together over the network. We have... 
Posted March 10, 2008 12:17:31 AM
Support for Quaternion Orientation in EPIC I am using EPIC (http://www.mindcontrol.org/~hplus/epic/) in my game and was wondering if anyone has added support for quaternion based orientation prediction into it. Or if anyone has a suggestion on how to handle orientation prediction in a... 
Posted March 5, 2008 8:15:02 PM
Access Another App's Depth Buffer I need to be able to read from another DirectX app's depth buffer. Is there any good way to do this? Example: App1 is a DirectX app running normally. App2 is started and enter is pressed, App2 captures App1's current depth buffer and writes... 
Posted June 26, 2007 2:53:33 PM
Vector to Degree calculation I know how to calculate a vector from a degree. I couldn't find any resources online or in my books on how to calculate a vector to a degree which makes me think it's something really easy I'm just not thinking about. I have a heading ve... 
Posted October 20, 2006 2:04:31 PM
Convert an Angle to a Velocity I simply want to take a degree I have and turn in into a heading/velocity. d = 180 How would I turn this into a 3D vector such as x = 0, y = -1, and z = 0? Right now this is mainly a 2D on the z plane but I would like to understand it so... 
Posted January 22, 2006 7:37:10 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Zero Gear Thread Part 2: Die Harder Quote:Original post by Ravyne What are your distribution plans? Right now nothing is set in stone. We are hoping to distribute on Steam. We are also planning on submitting to the IGF soon. 
Posted July 25, 2008 2:10:29 PM
Zero Gear Here is our new video. It shows off in-game sounds, items, and the new gameplay mode: Fallout.  
Posted June 9, 2008 12:17:42 PM
lua: calling object functions There are a lot of ways to accomplish this. You gave very few details so one obvious way is: while true do foo:onEnterFrame() end If you are trying to call the function from C++ then more is needed. I haven't used Luna but I would re... 
Posted June 4, 2008 2:12:04 AM
Good Lua tutorials or books I think that is a good way to go. You could code enemy behaviors or spells or dialog trees with Lua and leave all the engine code in C++. I am trying to code all my gameplay in Lua and leave everything else to C++ for the most part. 
Posted May 16, 2008 2:43:27 PM
Good Lua tutorials or books There isn't a tutorial or book I know of that will tell you how to link your game to your scripts. It is something you have to determine yourself. I handle it in a lot of different ways. I have a script function that is called when a map loads and... 
Posted May 13, 2008 3:18:54 PM
Luabind exposing derived class problem You shouldn't need to use bases if you have only one base. luabind::class_<Dog, Animal >("Dog") 
Posted May 13, 2008 3:09:47 PM
Zero Gear: An independent multiplayer kart racing game Quote:Original post by NickGravelyn So you've made a system where you can just script in new gameplay types? Very cool. I'd love to hear about how you did that. We use Lua for a lot of things in the game. So for the Tag game mode I have two scrip... 
Posted April 22, 2008 1:35:37 PM
Zero Gear: An independent multiplayer kart racing game In this video we are using a Tag type game mode as an intitial test of our gameplay scripting system. Using the experience from this we will design bigger and more exciting gameplay! In this mode, players compete for the longest amount of time... 
Posted April 22, 2008 12:57:41 PM
Zero Gear In this video we are using a Tag type game mode as an intitial test of our gameplay scripting system. Using the experience from this we will design bigger and more exciting gameplay! In this mode, players compete for the longest amount of time... 
Posted April 22, 2008 12:52:56 PM
Zero Gear: An independent multiplayer kart racing game We have talked a lot about getting it on the consoles but have decided (for the time being) to stick with the PC as it is much easier to develop for. We don't have an ETA for any demo or beta but keep an eye on the blog in the coming mon... 
Posted April 1, 2008 8:43:14 PM
View All Replies Made By This User