Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know VisualLR...  
Full Name  
Nickname VisualLR 
State/Province, Country Quebec   Canada
GD Gathering City Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.spheregames.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID VisualLR 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Software Engineer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1115  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/19/1999 1:00:00 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
New LUA with C++ Tutorial For those interested, I just released a tutorial on how to use LUA with C++, it includes a demo with full source code. Find it here!  
Posted February 20, 2006 12:03:02 PM
New Tutorial: Using LUA with C++ New Tutorial: Using LUA with C++Posted by: Luis Sempe at February 15, 2006 9:23:15 PM 
Posted February 16, 2006 12:23:15 AM
Sphere Games Engine These are screenshots from my game/engine codenamed "SGE". The engine uses DirectX 9.0. In the screenshots you can see that ships are normal mapped and have a specular map that allows me (or an artist) to control where the ship can be shiny. Those sh... 
Posted September 14, 2005 6:21:23 PM
Trouble submitting Image of the Day Hey guys, I tried 4 or 5 times to submit an IOTD and was unsuccesful, here's the error that I got: Quote: Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113' Script timed out /community/forums/post_info.asp The maximum amount of time for a script to... 
Posted September 14, 2005 3:32:51 PM
Do you know of a good client/server book (C++) Just wondering if anyone know of a good book(s) that covers how a client/server architecture can be implemented. Preferably something in C++. Ideally, something oriented towards game development, but it’s ok if it isn’t. Thanks. ... 
Posted March 8, 2004 8:09:58 PM
Rendering in DX8 and Vertex buffers Hi, Im currently working on a terrain system, and Ive reached the point where I need to write the rendering code, but I have a problem. I get my vertex coordinates (a triangle) right before I render it, (I traverse the binary triangle tree unti... 
Posted March 7, 2001 8:02:24 PM
Calculating texture coordinates for any polygon I wrote a small program that loads .ASC files, but these files dont contain any texture information (and if they do I havent been able to make trueSpace save the file with that info), anyway, what I want to know is how can I calculate the texture coo... 
Posted June 21, 2000 12:17:26 AM
Good 3D book. Hello. I’ve been wanting to learn 3D for quite a while now, and Ive learned a bit from the DX7 docs, but not enough to get me started on a simple yet educative 3D engine... I also have a couple of books on 3D, but they’re kinda old, so... 
Posted May 19, 2000 12:57:47 AM
Problem saving/loading map file for a while now Ive been struggling to save my maps to a file, but Ive ran into a couple of problems that I havent been able to figure out... My map file format is as follows: MAP HEADER ---------- TileSet Filename 1 TileSet Filename 2 . .... 
Posted May 19, 2000 12:51:25 AM
something's wrong with my 16bit -> 15bit function. I know, I know, Im getting sick of posting these kinds of questions myself, but once I get this done I'll be able to move on to more interesting parts of my project... Ive been working on making my game work on both 16bit and 15bit cards, but my Conv... 
Posted May 7, 2000 5:04:12 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
vc++ 2005 ide problems What do you mean by random duplication of code, what code is being duplicated? 
Posted March 23, 2006 8:56:08 PM
ICO-question(s) I use a relatively inexpensive one called IconCool Icon Editor It's quite easy to use, and the results have been good. 
Posted February 28, 2006 12:19:06 PM
In the game development/programming job..How much math required? One of the questions I've encountered very often in job interviews is "how strong is your math?", and if you say that it's good, you have to be ready to back it up, because the question was usually followed by a problem for you to solve on the w... 
Posted February 28, 2006 12:08:59 PM
Designing engine with LUA scripting I recently wrote a tutorial about this... You can find it here: Tutorials I hope it's what you're looking for. 
Posted February 28, 2006 9:51:08 AM
a vc++ problem(some strange thing happened) You should initialize your variables in the struct's constructor, you have it commented out for some reason. Does that still happen even after you initialize them to false? Oh, and BTW, the reason you see a difference between DEBUG and RELEASE is... 
Posted February 16, 2006 4:01:54 AM
Video memory question You can get an approximate amount of available texture memory with: IDirect3DDevice9::GetAvailableTextureMem From the SDK help: Return Values The function returns an estimate of the available texture memory. Remarks The returned value... 
Posted February 16, 2006 3:35:31 AM
Coding rather than sleeping... Quote: Heartburn was preventing me from entering deep-sleep and REM stage sleep. It created a serious sleep disorder that nearly cost me my life on the highway while driving home from work. I saw a doctor, explained the situation, and he gave m... 
Posted February 1, 2006 7:35:05 PM
EA, Ubisoft trade fire over hire Well, it is true that EA does not make you sign a non-compete agreement. The only thing they ask you to sign is that you can't work in any area that may compete with EA while you are an EA employee. As soon as you leave EA, you are free to go an... 
Posted February 1, 2006 7:26:02 PM
Coding rather than sleeping... Personally, I hate sleeping.. I really do, I can't really explain why, I mean, it's good to rest and all that, but I avoid it like the plague... BTW, it's 4:49 AM... and I'm taking a short break from coding to scour the forums... 
Posted January 31, 2006 5:43:24 AM
Sphere Games Engine That's awesome and you're absolutely right, that's what I'm shooting for, my very own black triangle ;) Thanks =) 
Posted September 18, 2005 9:45:32 PM
View All Replies Made By This User