Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know toXic1337...  
Full Name  
Nickname toXic1337 
State/Province, Country NC   United States
GD Gathering City Raleigh, NC, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL nexgen.dugtrio17.com 
ICQ ID N/A 
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1107  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/12/2005 8:04:33 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Linked Lists and Caterpillars Hello, I'm messing around with linked lists in "Nibbles" type game I'm making and I've run into a problem. I'm wanting to join two caterpillars together, in other words, concatenating one linked list to the end of another. My lists are set... 
Posted November 1, 2006 4:51:54 PM
HGE Question [SOLVED] Hi all, I've recently began fiddling with HGE and I've run into a stumbling block. I'm learning how to display sprites and such using the resource system provided in the engine and when I finally come down to rendering a sprite, all I see is a wh... 
Posted September 29, 2006 9:12:52 PM
Vague Question on Scroller Enemy Spawning... Hello, First let me give you a reference game that I'll be asking about. Hopefully, this will clear up any vagueness. RaidenX - top down 1942-esque shooter. Ok, so I'm wondering what methods are usually used to spawn enemies. I know for th... 
Posted February 20, 2006 12:59:23 PM
Concept Inspiration and Motivation to Pursue It... Hello, When I played my first PC game, I knew that I wanted to write games as a profession. As of now, I'm doing mostly hobby and spare-time work on solo-projects that I think of. The first problem I have is actually ironic. I started... 
Posted February 15, 2006 6:24:38 PM
Finished Product! Now I need a peer review! Hello Everyone, Over the past 3-4 weeks I've written, with the help of many of you, a functional side-view four player online shooter. Me and my friends have been playing it and coming up with new ideas for it already. I'm looking f... 
Posted February 14, 2006 5:22:25 PM
[SDL] - Artifacts resulting from minimizing and maximizing Hello, I've been working on my game for about 3 weeks now and I've finally got a working version of it up. It isn't finished yet, but will be soon. My problem is that this is a 320x240 resolution game that runs in full-screen mode. When... 
Posted February 13, 2006 9:39:24 AM
Raknet Troubles The best way for me to explain it is to just post my code and say what it's doing. I have no idea what's wrong. void Server::ReadPackets() { packet = server->Receive(); PlayerInfo *info = (PlayerInfo*)packet; if(info->... 
Posted February 6, 2006 1:20:47 AM
General Advice I've been working on "Arena", my new game, for about a week now and have been working up to getting this bad-boy online. First a little background I suppose, since original posts were on another forum. At it's most basic level, thi... 
Posted February 2, 2006 1:11:41 PM
Optimizing Particle System Under SDL Hi, I've been working on my game for a week now and have finished the player and weapon class. All that remains is getting a tile system setup and network code. Anyways, I've run into a brick wall. I've noticed that my particle engine is bo... 
Posted January 30, 2006 1:45:16 AM
Weapon Class Hey, I'm writing my weapon class for my new game and I wanted to show you all my ideas and maybe get some input. The idea is to build up a rocket launcher type weapon from the simplest and most defined up to the most general. So: Lets say I... 
Posted January 26, 2006 12:47:54 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Linked Lists and Caterpillars Thanks for bringing that comparison to view Agony, rating++. I never would have even tried that assuming that objects private members are exclusive to only that object. Thanks again, you've all been a lot of help. P.S.: I'm not using the bu... 
Posted November 1, 2006 6:58:29 PM
Linked Lists and Caterpillars What would you do given that you don't have public access to other's head. I know I could just make it public, but I'm looking for a harder way so I develop other algorithmic skills. Let's say that I only have a means of finding values at posi... 
Posted November 1, 2006 6:02:16 PM
HGE Question [SOLVED] Figured it out, Apparently if you're going to use resources you have to initialize the resource manager after you initialize hge itself... makes sense [duh] Hope this helps someone a little smarter than me... toXic1337 [lol] 
Posted September 30, 2006 4:54:30 AM
HGE Question [SOLVED] Well, I thought that could have been it as well. But I have my stingray.jpeg image in the same directory as the resource file and executable. So I'm pretty sure that's not it, unless my syntax in the resource file is wrong. toXic1337 
Posted September 29, 2006 9:24:20 PM
Any free multiplayer voice over network library? Doesnt' RakNet have support for this? "RakVoice?" I can't really say for sure, because I've never used this feature in RakNet. If it worked, that'd be nice though, have your network and voice all done with one library. toXic~ 
Posted February 20, 2006 5:09:46 PM
Vague Question on Scroller Enemy Spawning... Tell me what you think about this. I create a text file before hand that stores all the enemies' information (position, states, types) and then load them all during my Initialization cycle. Then only update when the "world camera" is viewi... 
Posted February 20, 2006 2:38:23 PM
2d game engines Quote:Original post by tont SDL is always your friend. you can actually use SDL and opengl together. but the SDL portion is usually reserved for creating the window and handling user input and then hte opengl is the graphics shit. but in all honesty... 
Posted February 17, 2006 10:03:40 AM
single + multiplayer game @ErUs: Could you elaborate a little more on what type of game you're making. It's hard for me to understand what you mean by single player when all I can think of in reference to multiplayer is a "Counter-Strike" type game. Perhaps you... 
Posted February 16, 2006 2:51:30 PM
single + multiplayer game I just got the network portion of my game finished. I used RakNet, but the concepts still apply. Here's what I did: First, when I was designing my game I decided that the actual game would be client only. This made it a bit easier to progr... 
Posted February 16, 2006 10:09:44 AM
Concept Inspiration and Motivation to Pursue It... @sunandshadow: I've thought about signing on with some other project that I might be interested in, and it's probably a good idea for me to do so regardless. But at the end of the day, if I designed a game that was addictive and fun to play, p... 
Posted February 15, 2006 6:46:07 PM
View All Replies Made By This User