Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know kadaf...  
Full Name Rasmus Neckelmann
Nickname kadaf 
State/Province, Country Nordjylland   Denmark
GD Gathering City Aalborg, Nordjylland, Denmark
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://neckelmann.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Lamer 
Job Description Laming 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1098  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/9/2000 7:56:51 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Random numbers, different platforms Hello! Does anyone know of a simple random number generator (in C/C++), which have the following properties: - Always generating the same sequence of numbers, independent of the architecture it's running on. - Good randomness from a st... 
Posted September 18, 2006 10:14:31 AM
X-Moto 0.2.0 Hello people, for anyone interested, this is what I've been working on for quite some time now. I started it as a simple hack for over a year ago and have worked on/off at it since. Yeah, for those familar with Action Super Cross/Ela... 
Posted July 28, 2006 1:41:34 PM
Jacobian matrix, ball joint Hello people, just playing a bit with inverse kinematics, but stumpled into a problem. The article I'm reading only covers setting up the jacobian matrix for 1DOF hinge joints and slider joints, but I'd really like to have some 3DOF ball join... 
Posted June 1, 2006 3:44:35 PM
Cross platform-friendly storage of floats Hello. Until now I thought I could just save my floats like this: write_LE_int(*((int *)&some_float_var)); and read them back like this: some_int_var = read_LE_int(); some_float_var = *((float *)&some_int_var)); where write_LE... 
Posted May 22, 2006 8:03:47 AM
OpenGL and software patents Browsing OpenGL extensions at http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/, I noticed that quite a lot of the extensions apparently are affected by software patents. To mention a few: S3TC texture compression (GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc),... 
Posted May 8, 2006 8:06:50 AM
Unicode TrueType fonts Hi again, first of all thanks for the wisdom provided earlier when I asked about game localization in all its wonderful generality. Here's the link: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=357835 Well, this post is a bit of f... 
Posted November 23, 2005 3:42:53 AM
Game localization Hello people, I'm currently at the point where I plan my next game pet project. Early planning of localization is one lesson I learned the hard way from my earlier project - I didn't think about supporting anything else than english, but as t... 
Posted November 13, 2005 4:08:19 PM
Sound/music for open source game (sorry about not using the template at first, here it goes again) Team name: None Project name: X-Moto Brief description: Let me introduce the game I'm working on as a hobby project, "X-Moto". I started working on it around May,... 
Posted September 29, 2005 6:27:49 AM
Multi-platform render-to-texture? Hello. Today I wanted to implement render-to-texture functionality in my GL renderer, but then I saw something terrible: All the optimal solutions involved some kind of WGL* extension... The problem is, that I want to make my engine portable,... 
Posted June 12, 2004 5:38:57 AM
Avoiding bison memory leaks + more Hello! Recently I decided to create a configuration-file/console-command parser for my engine, using flex/bison - primarily inspirred by the really great PxdScript series of tutorials (found at http://www.peroxide.dk/). My original intention (i... 
Posted May 15, 2004 10:12:45 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
How to render a floor and a ceiling for a portal engine? Triangle fans and such usually only work with convex shapes. In case of your 'L' it's no longer convex but concave. I don't know the details of Dark Forces and BUILD, but if they're like Doom as I imagine, they create a 2D BSP tree of the wal... 
Posted December 20, 2006 7:08:15 AM
GLSL Problem Are you sure your ATI card supports all the GLSL features you're using? Or maybe you've made a bug in your shader code which doesn't affect your nVidia card, but makes ATI's drivers fail. Why you don't get an error message I don't know... How... 
Posted December 19, 2006 10:13:35 AM
Random Number Generation Issue It's because you for each cycle resets the random seed with srand() to the same value. Your loop is so fast that time() won't change before you've finished looping. Simply call srand() outside the loop instead. By the way, it's usually not a go... 
Posted December 19, 2006 10:03:41 AM
lua I'm not sure I understand your questions correctly... Is your first question when you should call lua_register()? If so, the answer is that you should just do it at any point before you execute the Lua script. A good place would probably be when y... 
Posted December 19, 2006 6:43:15 AM
Object Rotation You need to first translate the object, and then you can rotate it - i.e. basically move the object so the pivot point is located at the center. You can use glTranslatef(x,y,z) for that. 
Posted December 16, 2006 6:53:08 AM
SDL Mouse Usage Quote:If I have a hardware device(Nintendo's Wii Remote) that can control XORG's mouse with some additional drivers and a bluetooth adapter, can I use that to be the mouse for my game? Well, if it can control your normal mouse cursor, then it can... 
Posted December 14, 2006 6:38:12 AM
advanced 2D physics engine? I think I've ranted about just using plain ODE for 2D physics before, but I'll happily do it again :) To my experience, plain ODE works perfectly for 2D. Just keep all your Z-values zero, and everything just stays perfectly in the XY plane. Furthe... 
Posted December 14, 2006 3:46:46 AM
Good HTTP library?... few dependancies? Personally I'd just use libcurl. Maybe implementing a HTTP GET directly with sockets is simple, but using libcurl you're absolutely sure it works. No wasted time on debugging. The library is released under a MIT license (not as restrictive as G... 
Posted November 30, 2006 6:55:53 AM
How do I know if I have an Internet Connection? I suppose that you only check whether you're connected to a network - i.e. if a cable is plugged into your network adapter and there's some kind of network equipment on the other end. Basically it's hard for a computer to know how large a... 
Posted November 29, 2006 4:22:48 AM
Alternative to SDL and DirectX Have you followed the instructions linked to in this FAQ? http://www.libsdl.org/faq.php?action=listentries&category=4#47 How exactly did you try to "import the stupid lib and include files into it"? 
Posted November 29, 2006 4:03:50 AM
View All Replies Made By This User