Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know AblazeSpace...  
Full Name Christian Ofenberg
Nickname AblazeSpace 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.ablazespace.de/ 
ICQ ID 132894267 
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1039  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/5/2000 11:39:24 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
PixelLight Dungeon Demo V1.1 I just released a new version of the PixelLight dungeon demo (Image of the Day of the previous version). Changes: - Added Imrod model by Dmitry Parkin (thank's for the permission to use this really cool model) - Usage of LATC2 and LATC1 high qua... 
Posted December 6, 2010 12:06:56 PM
PixelLight Dungeon Demo Long time has past since I posted something on gamedev... This are screenshots of the deferred renderer of our just released PixelLight 3D engine. (in development since 2002) PixelLight is an open-source, cross-platform 3D application framewo... 
Posted August 24, 2010 12:11:40 PM
OpenGL V1.2 I’ve tried to compile some demos using multitexturing but have troubles with - glActiveTextureARB; - glMultiTexCoord2fARB; I’ve downloaded the NVIDIA OpenGL SDK 1.2 and updated my VisualC++ OpenGL stuff. But glActiveTextureARB and g... 
Posted July 29, 2001 6:03:42 AM
Quaternion questions How could I transform a direction vector to a quaternion? How could I get out the x/y/z rotation from a quaternion? How could I create a smooth interpolation between two quaternion? (slow at beginning, fastest at middle and slow at the end) Ques... 
Posted July 7, 2001 4:28:32 AM
Quaternion questions How could I transform a direction vector to a quaternion? How could I get out the x/y/z rotation from a quaternion? How could I create a smooth interpolation between two quaternion? (slow at beginning, fastest at middle and slow at the end) Ques... 
Posted July 8, 2001 2:06:42 AM
Posted July 7, 2001 7:12:03 AM
Satellite world position Imagine a solar system: Planets rotating around the sun, satellites rotating around the planets. The planets have an distance from the sun and the satellites an distance from a planet were they rotating around. Code example: // Set planet g... 
Posted June 23, 2001 1:22:44 PM
Ray/box intersection How could I check out whether a ray intersects an box? (Without checking it’s triangles) The box is rotated and has different lengths.  
Posted June 3, 2001 6:23:08 AM
Spaceship movement I program a spaceship game. The camera is fixed behind the spaceship and you should be able to move in space like in each space game. (rotate, slide, roll...) At the moment I could move the ship, but there is an mistake. Sometimes you couldn’... 
Posted May 29, 2001 1:34:38 AM
Windows desktop color depth How could I find out the current Windows desktop color depth? 
Posted April 22, 2001 2:24:19 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
PixelLight Dungeon Demo V1.1 Quote:Original post by shurcool I've checked the log, and it does seem like there is some problem with the Depth of Field effect: Quote:[Error]: Modifier at row 798, column 17 has an unknown class name! ('PLScene::SNMPostProcessDepthOfField') [E... 
Posted December 17, 2010 12:48:45 PM
PixelLight Dungeon Demo V1.1 Quote:Original post by shurcool I couldn't find how to turn on the Depth of Field effect in your demo (it was shown in the video). Interesting, the Depth Of Field effect is always active - maybe a graphics bug? (in this case, there's hopeful... 
Posted December 8, 2010 10:22:23 AM
Need some info about free 3d game engines... Quote:Original post by Tibor Quote:Original post by Yuki001 PixelLight is a new open source Game Framework. and I think it is the best open source engine.Look at it. http://www.pixellight.org Thanks...i just googled about it, but looks like i... 
Posted September 17, 2010 9:11:27 AM
PixelLight Dungeon Demo Quote:Original post by ajm113 Wow, it's very nice looking, but your demo is making my computer feel like it's 5 years old. I'm using Windows 7 64bit on a Nvidia 9800 GT, plus that the window won't full screen correctly, I see my taskbar over th... 
Posted August 27, 2010 3:55:57 PM
PixelLight Dungeon Demo Quote:Original post by arabesc Quote:We just uploaded new versions of the Windows (Linux versions were ok) demos with a fixed "PLRendererOpenGL.dll". Thanks, it's working now. Do you change gamma ramp during demo? It seems that it is not restored... 
Posted August 27, 2010 3:32:40 PM
PixelLight Dungeon Demo Quote:Original post by Matias Goldberg If the VC 2005/2008/2010 redist (also depending on if it's SP1 or not) aren't installed, loading the DLL would fail silently in Win 7/Vista. Installing the redist would fix it. The root cause can onl... 
Posted August 27, 2010 6:11:58 AM
PixelLight Dungeon Demo Quote:Original post by arabesc Quote:I think it's worth clearly stating there's a downloadable demo! It doesn't work on my Win7 x64 & ATi HD4870 with latest drivers - "Can't create renderer context instance". Viva OpenGL... I'am developing... 
Posted August 26, 2010 11:02:42 AM
Hierarchical Per-pixel Occlusion Culling The Coherent Hierarchical Culling algorithm described in the chapter "Hardware Occlusion Queries Made Useful" of the book GPU Gems II is a nice thing and comes also with 2 usefull sample implementations. You can find this paper on http://www.... 
Posted October 25, 2005 3:17:19 AM
Leaves have white outline when using alpha Use another (less) alpha reference value or another alpha function. (both are normal render states) Further change the color of the 'unused' parts from white to black or green to reduce visible borders. :) 
Posted October 12, 2005 3:31:49 AM
SpeedTree On the Intel Developer side there's an imposters example program using trees created by this technique. Have a look at: http://www.intel.com/cd/ids/developer/asmo-na/eng/20219.htm?page=1 
Posted April 14, 2005 9:54:46 AM
View All Replies Made By This User