Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ubersheep...  
Full Name  
Nickname ubersheep 
State/Province, Country    United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Derby, , United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.ubersheep.co.uk 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/25/2006 10:12:29 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
[Fixed]Basic DirectX/C++ Shader Problem (Normals) Hi all, I'm having a really simple issue with a shader under DirectX with C++. My objects have a very basic directional lighting effect applied, but it appears as though it doesn't react to the normals correctly... it seems as if the lighting is p... 
Posted June 19, 2010 3:06:02 PM
D3DXSprite Scaling anti-aliasing (Texture Filtering) issue (Solved) Hi all, Have scoured the internet for a while and not found a solution yet so I wonder if you guys could help me: I'm drawing a sizable amount of sprites per frame, and am using a single 'sprite sheet' image to contain all the individual sprite... 
Posted May 3, 2008 6:54:46 PM
D3DXMatrixRotationY - Vector Query Hi all, I have an object facing (float) degrees, and I'd like to move it forwards (relative to its current facing) on a flat terrain (across X and Z, Y is automatically calculated). I understand giving the facing float to D3DXMatrixRotatio... 
Posted March 29, 2008 2:50:09 PM
XInput / 360 controller emulation Hi all, As part of my course, we are required to build an app that supports the Xbox 360 Controllers for PC. I currently don't have a 360 Controller, just an old 'PS2-style' controller :( Is there a chance that my standard controller could be... 
Posted March 16, 2008 4:18:00 PM
D3DXMESH Editing Vertices Hi all, really quick question, don't want to be wasting your time: I'm rendering a .x model using C++ DirectX9, using a D3DXMESH object (well, a LPD3DXMESH object to be exact). I would like to move this mesh, but not the camera (as there are other... 
Posted March 1, 2008 2:50:27 PM
SDL Current Working Directory Hello all, First time using SDL and embarassingly I'm baffled at trying to compile a simple demo. I'm through the first few hoops of linking and setting up the correct definitions for SDL and SDL_Image, but the problem is that when running, th... 
Posted December 14, 2007 7:01:15 PM
Easy Question-C++ Dissecting an int for char use Hi - I'm writing a C++ console-based game, as I am bored. I need/want to update the screen each frame with the score. I have an int value: playerScore, and a DrawChar() function - DrawChar(short x, short y, const char c, short colour) I'd rea... 
Posted January 15, 2007 4:10:48 PM
C++ Games Video Tutorials Hi everyone :D I'm a 2nd year Computer Games Programming student in Derby, England, and over the past 4 months we have been thrown through an intensive C++ course, which I found very useful but still very taxing. I was really bored over Christm... 
Posted January 8, 2007 4:02:23 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
[Fixed]Basic DirectX/C++ Shader Problem (Normals) Woohoo fixed it! Well, sort of. :| I replaced the ' matViewInverseTranspose ' part in the shader with ' World ' and it just works. However now I'm confused as to why. I was sure that I should mult the object's inverse view matrix with the norma... 
Posted June 19, 2010 3:56:36 PM
D3DXSprite Scaling anti-aliasing (Texture Filtering) issue (Solved) WOOHOO :) Added MinFilter as well and it works perfectly! V( pd3dDevice->SetSamplerState(0, D3DSAMP_MAGFILTER, D3DTEXF_POINT) ); V( pd3dDevice->SetSamplerState(0, D3DSAMP_MINFILTER, D3DTEXF_POINT) ); Thankyou Sc4Freak - really appr... 
Posted May 3, 2008 7:36:05 PM
D3DXSprite Scaling anti-aliasing (Texture Filtering) issue (Solved) Thankyou! It helps me to understand what I'm talking about, so yes I mean Texture Filtering. However, I have implemented the SetSamplerState code directly after spriteObject->Begin(), and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Do I need to creat... 
Posted May 3, 2008 7:26:07 PM
Trying to track down Index Buffer problem I had a similar problem with DirectX - when copying over the verts into a mesh I copied by WORD instead of by DWORD - DX in particular doesn't seem to mind if a mesh is half-empty. What helped me was placing asserts everywhere to check the vert locat... 
Posted May 3, 2008 7:07:36 PM
D3DXMatrixRotationY - Vector Query I think I've got it - similar to how the camera does it - extracting m11 and m31 for x and z from this matrix rotation gives me the floats I desire :) Thanks anyway guys :P 
Posted March 29, 2008 3:16:14 PM
XInput / 360 controller emulation The task we have been set is an odd one - it's a graphics demo; terrain, objects, cameras, that sort of thing, but a core requirement is that we use the Xbox360 Controllers, and I guess as a result, XInput. I didn't particularly fancy shellin... 
Posted March 16, 2008 6:31:59 PM
D3DXMESH Editing Vertices WOOHOO!! BTW just to let u know it works perfectly :) Thanks again :) 
Posted March 1, 2008 8:27:34 PM
D3DXMESH Editing Vertices That's perfect! Thankyou so much, you've been such a great help, Sc4Freak :D My thinking made the whole thing seem really odd previously, but knowing that makes a lot of things fall into place in my head now. Thankyou again :D 
Posted March 1, 2008 8:20:37 PM
D3DXMESH Editing Vertices Quote:Original post by dpadam450 3D transforms. use a translation. Thanks, I'm actually looking for more of an answer to as why ID3DXMesh itself doesn't encapsulate a translation function, perhaps some typical methods to overcome this, or some ki... 
Posted March 1, 2008 5:36:21 PM
SDL Current Working Directory Update FYI: Copied libpng12-0.dll into the debug folder, using the old .png images, and it runs perfectly :) Thanks to all again for your help :) 
Posted December 16, 2007 5:55:02 PM
View All Replies Made By This User