Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know PaulEdwards...  
Full Name Andrew Top
Nickname PaulEdwards 
State/Province, Country British Columbia   Canada
GD Gathering City Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.andrewtop.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1079  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/15/2006 10:49:55 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Virtual Foosball Initially a graphics project for a course of mine at school, it turned out well so I thought I'd put it on the net (and also the internet is desperately lacking a decent computer foosball game). The game features: - Replay mode with moti... 
Posted May 11, 2006 8:23:30 AM
Add Resources Disabled in C++ Express I have a console C++ application in MS Visual C++ 2005 Exress and I'd like to add an icon resource to it. The Project->Add Resources menu item is greyed out though. Does anyone know why this is and how I can add my icon? 
Posted April 15, 2006 10:55:11 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Dynamic 3D Scene Graphs Quote:Original post by Sphet First of all, PaulEdwards, thanks for the article - it was a great read and happy to see you pushing something out there that is a bit different for us to read. Thanks. Quote: Just thought I would throw my 2cents... 
Posted December 14, 2008 7:47:32 PM
Dynamic 3D Scene Graphs Quote:Original post by GregDude Homogenous scene graphs are of little value in modern video games. vicviper touches on some of the reasons. Tom Forsyth explains further on his blog http://home.comcast.net/~tom_forsyth/blog.wiki.html click... 
Posted December 14, 2008 7:39:38 PM
Dynamic 3D Scene Graphs EDIT: Whoops, particularly because of this post, I noticed a mistake in the pseudocode in the article. I will submit to have it fixed. The error is that the pseudocode spoken about in this post is[or was] multiplying the matrices in reverse order.... 
Posted December 14, 2008 7:33:33 PM
Dynamic 3D Scene Graphs Most games today are doing what they do very well... Perhaps, as you suggest, other spatial organization methods could be used to allow them to work even better. I agree. The dynamic scene graph is an enabling technology... There's not much rea... 
Posted December 12, 2008 4:15:45 PM
Dynamic 3D Scene Graphs Hello, I'm the author of the article... I'm grateful for the feedback, thank you. Quote: Edit: I would not like to make people think that I don't give credit to the Author's idea... No worries, it was not interpreted that way. I should fir... 
Posted December 11, 2008 3:45:13 PM
How do I do this without using goto statements? Seems to me that Spoonbender is saying the right things, but C++ makes it tedious to define functions for everything they *should* be defined for. With no support for unnamed functions, the overhead for creating a new function for one or two li... 
Posted August 18, 2008 12:45:33 PM
Really Annoying XDigital, everyone above me raises valid points and definitely take their posts to heart... However, the code you presented compiles fine for me on gcc... The only thing that's somewhat in error is that instead of "char* tribes[3]", you w... 
Posted October 18, 2006 3:19:42 PM
Virtual Foosball Thanks... A lot of people complain about the controls, but it's really hard to make anything that works perfect with just one mouse and a keyboard. Concerning windowed mode, if you run it on the command line with "foosball.exe windowe... 
Posted May 13, 2006 2:54:16 AM
Virtual Foosball Thanks actually, it's nice to have a concise list of things someone would want to see. I definately agree with many of the points you have made, and I might just have to put AI and sound on my plate for this project, then see where I stand. ... 
Posted May 11, 2006 9:02:37 PM
rolling ball over heightmap Although not perfect (innacurate results when a ball is moving horizontally and just grazes a vertical peak in the terrain), you can try this: On a collision, we'll want to at least cancel out the ball's velocity in the normal's direction. We can... 
Posted April 24, 2006 9:00:00 PM
View All Replies Made By This User