Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know dgreen02...  GDNet+
Full Name Danny Green
Nickname dgreen02 
State/Province, Country NC   United States
GD Gathering City Cary, NC, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.radioactive-software.com 
ICQ ID Skype - dgreen02 
AIM ID theinsultcomic 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title One Man Show 
Job Description Programming, 3D/2D artwork, Design, Web/Database, All that good stuff 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1518  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/3/2005 12:30:09 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/dgreen/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Armored Warfare - Havok Ragdoll Physics Videos Armored Warfare - Developer's Work in progress. ( www.ArmoredWarfare.com ) Ragdoll Physics Demo Video Links Be sure to watch them in 720p HD! Video #1 - VIDEO 1 LINK Video #2 - VIDEO 2 LINK Video #3 - VIDEO 3 LINK Ragdoll physics usi 
Posted December 6, 2010 12:07:01 PM
Gang War This is my RTS/Action hybrid "Gang War". I've been working on it for close to 2 years now. I wrote the game engine myself from scratch, and I contracted several artists to create the character/vehicle models. I've entered it into the 2006 IGF... 
Posted September 22, 2005 4:23:52 PM
HD Videos & Screens of my online vehicle warfare game Heya, Some of you might have seen my games if you visit journal land a lot...but for those who don't, I've been working on an online vehicle combat game for the last 10 months. I'm going to release a public demo/beta version in the next... 
Posted August 11, 2009 3:49:28 AM
Under-powered CPU? 3.25GB of RAM? G'day fellas. I recently added 2GBs of RAM to my main work machine [running Windows XP, now has 4GBs total] and went to check the System Properties [right click my computer - > properties], and noticed that the RAM only went up to 3.25...I... 
Posted November 10, 2007 8:46:53 PM
$50 Paypal - if you can fix my site in Firefox...easy money. Hey, Alright I had my site designed like 7 years ago, and there is a slight error with the navigation bar on the left site...check it out [ in Firefox ]...it works perfectly in IE. Radioactive-Software Homepage It doesn't seem to cent... 
Posted November 10, 2007 9:15:22 PM
Using a Tablet to enter mathematical notation. Hey guys, I was just wondering if anybody out there has any experience using a tablet - like a Wacom intuos3 - to enter/capture handwritten equations with the purpose of using it in a .PDF. The issue would be automatically converting the raw ha... 
Posted May 12, 2007 9:07:36 PM
Urban Empires - Help me pick my game's box art! Hey guys, As some of you may know I've been working on this game for 3+ years, and it looks like it'll have a 4 year dev. cycle [fun stuff I know]. I've written the entire game from scratch & did most artwork by myself. It's being published... 
Posted May 10, 2007 3:51:26 PM
Need some help! .exe & .lnk virus/bug ... Hey guys, Today when I started my computer Lavasoft Ad-watch/Ad-Aware went apeshit "as usual" and my computer started acting really lame. I restarted and before the logon screen was greeted by a message box w/a single button on it...the ti... 
Posted April 24, 2007 1:36:52 PM
Compiling NVIDIA SDK 9.5 w/Express 2005... Hey guys... I'm just trying to compile the Nvidia SDK 9.5 projects under Visual C++ Express 2005. I'm using the newest DXSDK December '06. And all the DirectX samples compile fine. First off, I suppose the Nvidia SDK projects were created... 
Posted January 30, 2007 6:02:48 PM
Gang War - Multiplayer Physics Test Video Sup fellow game-devers, I've just implemented some new networking code in my multiplayer RTS/Action game 'Gang War' ( homepage ), I made a video of a quick test session I had earlier today...and comments would be appreciated. I use Newton for t... 
Posted January 11, 2007 11:51:36 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Armored Warfare - Havok Ragdoll Physics Videos I just uploaded a new video showing the RTS/Action hybrid aspects of the game... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIba__4X-7k Here are some preview images of the video - EDIT Terrain normals/tangents have been smoothed... [Edited... 
Posted December 17, 2010 9:27:02 AM
Armored Warfare - Havok Ragdoll Physics Videos Quote:Original post by Aken H Bosch I know I'm supposed to be looking at the ragdoll and not the water, but... Your water looks like it'd be a lot better close up---like the specular highlights (which look rather noisy in this image because they... 
Posted December 7, 2010 3:06:33 PM
Armored Warfare - Havok Ragdoll Physics Videos Quote:Original post by sepul really nice work. congrats. about the terrain, do you use any LOD system ? Yes, I use a geomipmapping system on the terrain - it's almost a requirement with terrains above 512x512. I've not gone as far to ins... 
Posted December 7, 2010 12:43:44 PM
Armored Warfare - Havok Ragdoll Physics Videos Well, I'm also doing a quick dirty Sleep(150) inside the keypress code just so I don't toggle too fast between ragdoll and back to the animated mode. This delay doesn't exist anywhere except in the test code I used in the video. Not sure if that's... 
Posted December 7, 2010 11:08:26 AM
Woody3D Tree Engine Looks really great! The price/feature comparison for SpeedTree looks nice. Does it support grass/ground foliage ? What about integrated support for imposters/instancing ? I'm considering picking it up in the next few days. I'm sure I can m... 
Posted November 15, 2010 1:11:44 PM
Record: Black Ops, $360 million.. Yea, I enjoy wargames [ MoH, CoD, Battlefield ] ... so I'm having a bit of fun with it. That was until...OMG how am I supposed to get -7172 XP points to get level 29. That would take a lot of team kills [grin] [grin] And yes, cracked is just... 
Posted November 14, 2010 10:43:11 PM
The Daily GameDev.net * re-installing Battlefield 2142 :-D 
Posted September 20, 2010 3:26:54 PM
4DVR Quantum Engine, Virtual Reality Technology Quote:Original post by 4DVR Hi all, how to display image links in forum? HTML ... btw your tech looks amazing :-o 
Posted September 14, 2010 11:57:18 PM
End of the world may be near - Duke Nukem Forever at PAX Always bet on Duke. 
Posted September 3, 2010 4:13:33 PM
Whats need to Gta style come true Quote:Original post by speciesUnknown Quote:Original post by Promit I'm disappointed, people. Very disappointed. We have someone here on this very site who built a GTA-ish game all on his own. You say built - but its not finished. Also... 
Posted August 18, 2010 4:50:56 PM
View All Replies Made By This User