Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know DMINATOR...  
Full Name Dmitri Kuznetsov
Nickname DMINATOR 
State/Province, Country Harjumaa   Estonia
GD Gathering City Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.dminator.blogspot.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1093  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/12/2004 8:06:16 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Is type a POD type ? Hi I was reading lately allot information regarding memory management techniques and how to apply them to C++. I know that there are 2 different types POD and non POD. And the STL optimizes vector class or allocators to use the best algorithm f... 
Posted May 10, 2007 1:36:10 PM
lua_pcall error when running second time Hi I am new to lua. I have encountered a few problems with it. I load Lua State from file, then run it with pcall. The first time it works ok, but any other times it gives error. Here is a code I am using with simple wrapper #include "Lua_... 
Posted February 26, 2007 5:41:24 PM
SDL Thread timeout Hi I am currently learning the SDL threads, and was wondering, how is it possible to stop the thread that is hanged up. I know I can use SDL_KillThread, to kill it immediately, but I want to wait some time before killing it. Any help is appr... 
Posted January 17, 2007 6:02:25 PM
multipass texture rendering how ? Hi I am having some problems understanding how to combine and render textures in multiple passes. Here are some textures I am trying to combine: After DOT 3 bump map Ambient map, just to make some parts of the image glow in the dark ... 
Posted August 29, 2006 6:08:20 PM
3dsmax exporting biped to bones Hi we are having a little problem :) Our artist is used to create animation using biped in 3dsmax , but the game engine requires the exported model to be in bones, as probably most of the formats out there. So is there any way it can be easi... 
Posted August 20, 2006 5:04:09 PM
anyone have 4096x4096 texture ? Hi Does any one have 4096x4096 texture ? I would like to test my new Texture Manager, but I can't seems to find anywhere so big textures :). I rescaled my older textures, but that doesn't give any idea of quality, and they look the same. T... 
Posted August 13, 2006 7:37:44 AM
[SDL] - Any Memory leak checking tool Hi Does any one know any good free tool for checking memory leaks with SDL. I tried crtdbg from Microsoft, but it doesn't show any leaks, after program closing I have also tried mmgr, but it seems that some sdl functions are missing. ... 
Posted August 9, 2006 5:35:24 PM
how to draw different materials of mesh model effeciently ? Hi I am planning to add support for drawing animated meshes with different materials ( md5 ). The model can consist of about 6-10 meshes, each mesh has different material properties ( ambient , diffuse , specular and so on ). The reasonab... 
Posted August 4, 2006 4:41:46 PM
Blazetris Hi We have made a new game called Blazetris: It is inspired by the popular Tetris game. We kept the original game play and rules, but added new graphics, music and sounds. I hope you are going to like it. Visit the Blazetris site Downl... 
Posted July 16, 2006 3:39:38 AM
Connected particles problem I am still working on my particle engine, progress is slow, but at least it is. Anyway I am trying to connect particles to form something like trail. Some games have similar effect Homeworld is the best example - the trail from engine exhaust... 
Posted March 10, 2006 5:16:38 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
[SDL] Mouse button Down? Check: /* Function prototypes */ /* * Retrieve the current state of the mouse. * The current button state is returned as a button bitmask, which can * be tested using the SDL_BUTTON(X) macros, and x and y are set to the * current mouse... 
Posted March 25, 2008 2:10:20 PM
Spotlight On: Us! Quote:How old are you? 24 Quote:How long have you been programming? Started at 16. 8 Years total now including 2 years professional. Quote:What would you say is the hardest thing about being a programmer? I am not sure, maybe fixing code creat... 
Posted March 25, 2008 1:53:05 PM
[SDL] + OpenGL gives me memory grow of 4kB per 2 seconds How did you check the memory ? Did you use Task Manager for that ? In that case you don't have to worry it is normal behaviour for any windows application. If you want to check if memory leaks are really occuring then you need to use crtdbg.h ... 
Posted March 23, 2008 11:39:36 AM
Machines at War Multi Platform RTS - Technical Details and Mini Post Mortem Wow nice looking RTS :). Great work ! 
Posted October 20, 2007 12:16:50 PM
SunAge - finally final Here goes a big respect from me ! Working on a game for 11 years and finally finishing it is not an easy task, especially with allot of technology changes. I have no idea how you made it :) I am big RTS fan (C&C style) so let me know... 
Posted October 1, 2007 12:46:08 PM
XP delayed logon. Hmm I got the same problem with my canon photo drivers. There is some service they are starting and can't start because I have disabled it. To find exactly what is delaying it look in the event viewer under administrative options in the control panel... 
Posted September 21, 2007 1:19:24 PM
[Help] Falling Snow Effect using MS C++ v 6.0 Quote:Original post by louisx Whoa... that's a great snowfall :D i love it very much ^^ umm... can you take a look of my code and..tell me which part that should i change into?and how much the value? Thanks all :) Well I would rewrite it al... 
Posted September 19, 2007 1:15:22 PM
[Help] Falling Snow Effect using MS C++ v 6.0 Hi Don't know if it might help but for the most simple particle simulation like this clicky there are only few things needed: 1. The particle speed is always constant and it doesn't accelerate. Otherwise they would look more like rain and... 
Posted September 18, 2007 3:44:39 PM
Texture mapping. SDL + OGL under Windows XP I think you should put the LoadGLTextures() in the resize function at the end and not in the Draw() . And yes try to enable GL_TEXTURE_2D because it may disable the states also. 
Posted September 12, 2007 12:14:26 PM
Texture mapping. SDL + OGL under Windows XP It would be good if you could show the resize code. I can however make a guess that you are recreating window context with new screen width and height parameters. When you usually do that in windows then all the data that is stored in OpenGL is clear... 
Posted September 10, 2007 6:41:21 PM
View All Replies Made By This User