Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Vilem Otte...  
Full Name Vilém Otte
Nickname Vilem Otte 
State/Province, Country Jihomoravsky Kraj   Czech Republic
GD Gathering City Znojmo, Jihomoravsky Kraj, Czech Republic
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.otte.cz 
ICQ ID 270565186 
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description Mainly Graphics/Physics 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1108  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/12/2006 4:20:36 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Tankz - my record in fast game dev So I got an idea to build game in few days ... it took 16 hours :D to achieve something playable. See here VIDEO. Of course it can be extended, as I write in video description, I'll add few more features (I said to do them in maximally another... 
Posted December 12, 2010 8:47:08 PM
[OpenGL/GLSL]Weird deferred shading bug Hello, right now I'm trying to write OpenGL/GLSL fallback for my raytracer, and I got stuck with reflections - it must be position from depth reconstruction stuff (this worked with RGB32F on positions, but switching to R32F depth killed it (I... 
Posted October 23, 2010 1:57:54 PM
Issue with SSE Assembly and addresses Hello, I'd like to ask question, if somebody have met similar problem - and probably a solution of it (it must be simple "I missed something" ...): Sorry for dirty assembly (but I'm trying to get better in it :P) __asm { //I tested,... 
Posted October 19, 2010 6:04:46 PM
Address of VRAM (Warning - assembly) Greetings, it has been some time I've written some question here, anyway here is the current state... I've been working on my own operating system (and also probably gone crazy) throughout the evenings , I won't go into details of kernel, fi... 
Posted September 9, 2010 8:03:36 AM
Racing game WIP Hello again, I appologize for my absence here on forums, but I'm currently very busy as I'm working on more projects simuateously. To the topic. This project is one of the most advanced and it is going to be released very soon, the... 
Posted June 17, 2010 9:50:54 PM
Car demo Hello, by reading this you probably noticed that I'm not as dead as some may thought (though lots of things have changed and I of course need to work a bit more and I have a bit less of free time to develop). So still continuing in game and graphi... 
Posted March 2, 2010 11:10:01 AM
Otte engine renderer v1.1 Hello, I'm posting again with several news. The most big is, that I was working on new renderer in past few weeks. As a matter of facts our renderer was getting little old, so we came with several new techniques and several new features of co... 
Posted November 16, 2008 11:14:30 PM
Iceberg lake release Hello everyone, After some time (well lots of time), I've finally managed to be close-to-finish with my project. Yes, finally I've managed to partially complete the game engine I've been working on for a pretty long time, that is good. You... 
Posted February 2, 2010 7:25:30 PM
any tips on UK hosting? Hello, I would like to ask some people from UK (and not just those), if they know about some good hosting in UK. Things that I would like to be supported are mainly PHP 5.0 and MySQL databases (unlimited numbers would be good). I will be very... 
Posted January 15, 2010 2:38:30 PM
[UFEC] The Lost City Title: The Lost City Platforms: PC Technology: Otte Engine: Iceberg Lake release Genre: Adventure/FPS/RPG Type: 3D First person perspective singleplayer game As I wrote into topic about screenshots I'm about to join UFEC as soon as I find some... 
Posted November 17, 2009 6:28:08 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
What's a "Scene Graph"? AD Particle systems Quote: You are tasked to design a 2D particle system which executes on the CPU. Particles have; - current life - max life - 2D position - colour - rotation - 2D momentum Maybe a clever structure might not be to... 
Posted January 6, 2011 9:36:12 AM
Using photoshop , 3D Studio max I'd strongly suggest try trial software. And pick the one in which it is best to work for you. For example, I tried photoshop, although I just couldn't work comfortable with its gui, tools and such ... and so I'm using GIMP, because it is mor... 
Posted December 28, 2010 8:39:33 AM
realtime blurring of cubemaps If you're good just with simple box filter ... you could try performing summed-area-table filtering (although this would probably need pretty complex cubemap generation - you'd need to render each face separately and then create SAT texture (it needs... 
Posted December 17, 2010 4:30:43 AM
Tankz - my record in fast game dev Actually with all art (precomputing and rendering fluid dynamics took lots of time from it), and the project has been written completely from scratch (e.g. I reused none of the code). Of course my fluid dynamics computer and renderer is re-used (i... 
Posted December 13, 2010 4:05:55 AM
Real-time Global Illumination and Ray Tracing So basically you're doing the thing almost same way, although... Quote:The buffer is downloaded to system memory where the ray tracer reads the rays of each pixel and performs the traversal and intersection. Is not what am I doing, I perform prim... 
Posted December 12, 2010 8:18:54 PM
blending in all render target So you got implementation running (of solution you've found)? Btw. Have you considered buying new GPU (nowadays there are really cheap ones :P and good ones - Supporting up to GL 4.1 and DirectX 11, around EUR 150 - 200 in my country ...... 
Posted December 12, 2010 6:22:03 PM
blending in all render target Just 4 texunits? Wow, this seems strange - I think all cards today support at least 16 (NVidia and AMD). What card do you have? Collapsing third RT into first two would need another MRT pass and shaders that will collapse it (which will probably e... 
Posted December 12, 2010 5:23:02 PM
Real-time Global Illumination and Ray Tracing Wow - good, as I'm also doing research into raytracing, hybrid rendering and such, could you please describe how are you doing raytracing and how are you mixing together GPU and CPU rendering? It seems you're doing something similar to what am I d... 
Posted December 12, 2010 5:11:07 PM
blending in all render target I'm doing blending inside the shader mostly (e.g. not using GL_BLEND, because I need the alpha channel of RTs (not here though)), e.g. I want blend 4 different materials (diffuse maps + normal maps) in single cell of terrain (I got terrain divided in... 
Posted December 12, 2010 4:58:44 PM
How do you structure your geometry data ? In fact octree has been useful mainly and probably just with voxel rendering. It is also possible to not use any optimisation scheme at all with current gpus (though it is not common in complex scenes). Optimisation is based upon what kind of scen... 
Posted December 12, 2010 9:22:06 AM
View All Replies Made By This User