Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know MikeVitt...  
Full Name  
Nickname MikeVitt 
State/Province, Country NJ   United States
GD Gathering City Asbury, NJ, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.precisiongames.org 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1067  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/5/2005 3:57:04 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Pursuit of Power Hello, These screenshots are from my fantasy RTS game called Pursuit of Power. In the game, you assume the role of a powerful leader. Your main goal is to destroy all enemy portals and troops. Your leader troop is the only one that ca... 
Posted July 23, 2006 12:55:49 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Pursuit of Power I finished my interface changes and fixed several bugs. I uploaded the new version (1.3.4.1) to my site. Thank you for the help :) 
Posted August 6, 2006 10:48:16 PM
Pursuit of Power Hi Tom, The windows are constrained to the screen boundary. However, they have different z-orders and can overlap. It probably wouldn't be a big issue to default them to unlocked. I think that most players would only move a few of the wind... 
Posted August 5, 2006 1:52:44 PM
Pursuit of Power I added a tutorial to the game. It goes over the basic game mechanics. The next version will have the ability to select all of a unit type in the area as well as other interface improvements. 
Posted August 1, 2006 2:08:53 PM
Pursuit of Power Thank you everyone for your comments :) I can default the windows to moveable. I currently have it as locked because I was worried that a game novice would accidentally move a window somewhere that is difficult to access. I also don't bother to... 
Posted July 24, 2006 2:10:32 PM
Antivirus software causing me problems Hello, I also have a problem with Norton's firewall. I was going to make a post seeking help at some point, but maybe it can be answered here as well. I am using Winsock 2.2 with TCP running in a single-thread game. The problem I have is that... 
Posted March 4, 2006 3:24:57 PM
Strange behaviour with sever - SOLVED Thanks :) I just happened to notice it and wanted to make sure I was seeing it correctly. Take care. -Mike 
Posted January 22, 2006 3:51:40 PM
Strange behaviour with sever - SOLVED Right, but isn't your code setting the blocking socket to 1? Maybe I'm not reading it correctly, but that's what it looks like. Either way, you answered my question. I wanted to make sure "1" is for non-blocking :) Thanks. -Mike 
Posted January 21, 2006 5:48:49 PM
Strange behaviour with sever - SOLVED Hello, I noticed that your code snippet uses the flag value "1" to set the socket to blocking. Isn't this backwards? The SDK says to use non-zero value for non-blocking. I want to make sure I did not misread the SDK, because I am using non-bloc... 
Posted January 21, 2006 3:18:30 PM
Packing info into bits of a byte Hello, Let me see if I can help you out. First, you will want to use the bits for states that can occur simultaneously. In your example, it doesn't look like those states could occur at the same time, so it would be a waste to use separate bits.... 
Posted December 27, 2005 5:02:49 PM
Custom font with D3DX Hello, I also use a bitmap font in my Dx8 game. I came up with a different way to generate the bitmap in order to eliminate the problems with texture coords. I use Dx8 DrawText to render to an A8R8G8B8 texture. I render my char list one at... 
Posted December 23, 2005 7:39:19 PM
View All Replies Made By This User