Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Maupin...  
Full Name  
Nickname Maupin 
State/Province, Country Unknown
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.natto-cat.org 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1021  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/1/2007 1:38:33 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Natto-Cat Here's some screenshots from my Boulder Dash type game, Natto-Cat. Natto-Cat's web site The main character is a cyborg cat digging through caves filled with beans in search of cat snacks. Enemies are walking, exploding bowls of custard and exp... 
Posted April 11, 2007 8:37:32 PM
Cute, violent Boulderdash game I've recently released a new version of Natto-Cat, a unique Boulder Dash clone. You play as a cyborg cat searching for cat snacks in caves filled with natto (Japanese fermented beans). Enemies are walking, exploding bowls of custard, exploding rabb... 
Posted March 1, 2007 1:56:22 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Natto-Cat Thanks Mateo and Azito. I wrote a random midi music generator a while back that created the basic tune/melody. The custards are definitely my favorite. Natto-Cat is my first game, not counting the text-based RPGs I wrote in BASIC in high school. 
Posted June 8, 2007 2:12:16 PM
Natto-Cat Tobberian - It might be your machine, but there is always a delay due to the way Boulder Dash has to be interpreted. All objects in the cave move at once, so when you press an arrow key to move you'll actually move the next available movemen... 
Posted April 12, 2007 9:38:44 PM
Natto-Cat Oops. The CTRL and arrow keys are highlighted on the keyboard that pops up at the title screen, but I have to make it more obvious. Sorry about that. Glad you like the music. Actually I wrote a random midi generator (unreleased) a while back... 
Posted April 12, 2007 12:13:28 AM
Cute, violent Boulderdash game Bitskull, the physics are exactly the same as Boulderdash 1 on the C64 (which is burned into my brain from hours spent playing as a kid) EXCEPT that it's possible to collect falling diamonds (AKA cat snacks). I like how quickly the cat can suck... 
Posted March 7, 2007 5:18:59 AM
Is BlitzBasic a Good Program? Quote:Original post by treize7 Thanks for your reply Maupin. I will try this Pygame and FreeBasic, but will continue with Blitz, but does the program have to do with how fast your game will work such as the speed of a game made in Blitz compared to... 
Posted March 3, 2007 10:43:42 PM
Is BlitzBasic a Good Program? Quote:Original post by Erkokite Also check out pygame. It is a game engine and 3d graphics library based on python. I have never used pygame, but I hear it is good. Pygame is a wrapper for SDL, so it's mainly 2D, though you can create Open... 
Posted March 1, 2007 8:49:04 PM
View All Replies Made By This User