Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know hop...  
Full Name  
Nickname hop 
State/Province, Country MA   United States
GD Gathering City Hingham, MA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://fusiongames.sitesled.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1025  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/29/2005 10:04:12 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
"smearing" in game (but not for me) Hello, I recently THOUGHT I had finished my first game in C++ (a pong game) so I submitted it in the Your Annoucements forum, and then found out that the images were not being wiped off the background buffer for people who tried my game. This does n... 
Posted September 3, 2005 9:08:53 PM
Sitesled Hosting I've noticed that some people here are looking for hosting services or are using bad hosting services. I'd like to reccommend www.sitesled.com. They offer 100 MB of free space and seem to have a fast transfer rate and are hardly ever down. Here'... 
Posted September 3, 2005 5:15:02 PM
First Game: PONG! I have completed my first game in C++. It's a simple Pong clone, but includes one and two player support. I also think it's pretty well done and I tried to give it a retro feel. Download it here. There's one thing that may be wrong th... 
Posted September 3, 2005 5:09:11 PM
Quick Qustion About SDL keycodes Hello, I was just wondering how to use SDLK_[blank] with normal keys instead of just keys like SDLK_UP, SDLK_LEFT, SDLK_ESCAPE. (For example I want to use something like SDLK_W, but that obviously doesn't work.) Thanks! 
Posted September 2, 2005 4:31:38 PM
Should I Be Using This? I'm just starting to make simple games using C++, and currently I'm using the Borland Graphics Interface libraries for the graphics. Is this a good way to learn and make simple graphics in games or should I start learning DirectX, OpenGL, or somethi... 
Posted August 30, 2005 5:20:53 PM
Question About Keyboard Hits Hello Everyone, I recently created my first game using C++, a very simple Pong Game. The only problem with the game is the paddle you control doesn't stop moving when you release the key (although it does when you press another key, which makes... 
Posted August 30, 2005 1:46:27 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
MMORPG NOW .... TODAY I suppose they want us to use this. 
Posted September 5, 2005 1:16:09 PM
pong game needed + source But you need an API to display the graphics and for getting input from the keyboard. So you should probably choose between either SDL or Allegro as mentioned above. I don't know anything about Allegro, but SDL is quite easy to use IMO. Here's a ve... 
Posted September 5, 2005 12:40:09 PM
The new guy.... I used to use a program called "the games factory" and then later its upgrade "multimedia fusion". These programs make game making much easier than coding in any language but you can still learn some valuable programming concepts. I recommend you t... 
Posted September 4, 2005 10:34:45 PM
"smearing" in game (but not for me) Wow, thanks a lot guys, especally silver for the timing thing I had no idea how to do that. I've made all the changes and reuploaded it under the same name so you can click the link in my first post to try it out. It still looks exactly the same fo... 
Posted September 4, 2005 6:23:06 PM
"smearing" in game (but not for me) I don't think that that is the problem because here is the code that is supposed to refresh the background behind the objects: This is the function used: void DrawIMG(SDL_Surface *img, int x, int y, int w, int h, int x2, int y2) { SDL_Rect de... 
Posted September 3, 2005 9:41:36 PM
First Game: PONG! Thanks for the response, and I will try to fix that. Also if you want any of my source code, just ask. Or actually you don't have to ask cause I just posted all of it in the For Beginners forum so you can just go there. 
Posted September 3, 2005 9:19:27 PM
First Game: PONG! Thanks, I think I'll post a topic about this in the Begginners forum so more people can help (and perhaps figure out why this is happening to other people but not to ME!). 
Posted September 3, 2005 8:58:25 PM
First Game: PONG! Can someone else try it out to see if images are sticking to the background? That would really be a big problem I would like to fix (and would be very confused about because it doesn't happen to me and I think I understand completely how the buffers... 
Posted September 3, 2005 8:37:12 PM
First Game: PONG! Yes, it uses SDL. Is there an easy way to regulate speed with that? I'll have to research it. 
Posted September 3, 2005 5:33:51 PM
Sitesled Hosting Oh thanks, I guess I forgot the http://. Mine is fixed now too. 
Posted September 3, 2005 5:29:51 PM
View All Replies Made By This User