Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know MattMcFarland...  
Full Name  
Nickname MattMcFarland 
State/Province, Country OH   United States
GD Gathering City Cincinnati, OH, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.mattmcfarland.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1054  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/21/2005 8:44:01 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
SHMUP-DEV: Innovative shoot em up developer forums SHMUP-DEV with no doubt receives a lot of browses, and I'm happy this site is worth something to others out there :) I'd like to introduce and propose a new era to SHMUP-DEV. I'd like to invite everyone to discuss ideas from any perspective, and now... 
Posted December 19, 2006 8:18:07 PM
Shooter compo with $450.00 in CASH prizes Hey all, I just wanted to drop in as the end of our game development competition nears. On Jan 1st, the competition ends for the $250.00 cash prize (+lots of other prizes from our sponsors) which will be picked out by the judges. But now you can a... 
Posted November 9, 2006 11:57:25 AM
Need free Hosting for your shmups? Calling all SHMUP Developers!!! If you're having problems finding a site to host your game then this is your perfect solution! Shmup Dev now has a showcase section that allows entry modifications(update, edit, delete, etc), ratings, and a download co... 
Posted September 25, 2006 12:38:09 PM
AutoFire 2007 Shooter Coding Competition launches Shmup-dev announced on Sept 1st the start of their shooter competition dubbed "AutoFire 2007 Shooter Competition". The competition will run from September 1, 2006 through January 1st, 2007 and will focus on shooter games; mainly 2D shoo... 
Posted September 8, 2006 10:28:29 AM
AUTOFIRE 2007 SHOOTER COMPETITION BEGINS! AUTOFIRE 2007 SHOOTER COMPETITION BEGINS!Posted by: www.shmup-dev.com at September 1, 2006 3:48:50 PMShmup-dev announced on Sept 1st the start of their shooter competition dubbed "AutoFire 2007 Shooter Competition". The competition will run from... 
Posted September 1, 2006 3:48:50 PM
AUTOFIRE 2007 SHOOTER COMPETITON launches - $250.00 grand prize and more! Hey all, just launched our 3rd competition, (see subject line) and we are including loads of prizes (including a cash prize) for more info please shoot over to shmup-dev.com - or simply ask and I'll respond here!  
Posted August 31, 2006 3:00:58 PM
Contest Requesting Sponsorships - get on the press coverage train! Hello, www.shmup-dev.com is going to start a competition September 1st, 2006 and End it on January 1st, 2007. The contest will be very dev-friendly compared to the odd dragon contest! All I ask is that a sponsor offers a prize of some sort (bei... 
Posted August 15, 2006 3:07:01 PM
Calling All Artists!! Calling All Artists!!! SHMUP-DEV is now officially 7 months old and has progressed with two outstanding contests along with 500+ members, and 5000+ posts!! I'm excited to tell you that we are adding a new feature to our site which I'll call the "media pool" The "media... 
Posted July 3, 2006 4:34:24 PM
10 new Games! Dragon SHMUP(shoot em up!) Competition Complete! Dragon SHMUP Competition Well, the Dragon SHMUP Competition is officially over, and we have about 10 entires for you to try out! I will have an official competition page designed and made up within a few weeks. This competition didn't bring in... 
Posted July 1, 2006 11:00:15 AM
Calendar Math Hey guys, I have a complicated math question that I'm trying to figure out and I don't know where to ask this except here because it has to do with programming. First, let me describe to you my position. I am an office manager and database administ... 
Posted June 26, 2006 10:08:15 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Calendar Math I really appreciate your comments guys, thanks alot and may your coding endeavors be bright!! :D 
Posted June 26, 2006 12:38:17 PM
New Shooter Development Competition Launched No worries maties! So somebody wanted to know what the sponsors had to do with it, and I'd like to answer that the sponsors are the ones offering the way cool prizes (hundreds of dollars worth of stuff) First Place $25.00 worth of free a... 
Posted May 5, 2006 5:28:45 PM
$1.00 Text Ads (www.shmup-dev.com) Yall must be wondering, "Is this worth it?" - Well, let me give you our forum statistics. (we're pulling 1gb traffic a day) awstats 
Posted May 5, 2006 9:54:23 AM
New Contest in search of Sponsorships We're still looking for some sponsors for our next competition.. If you would like to sponsor our next competition please let me know what you would give the winner(s) (1st to 3rd place) and we can get squared away. It's really the cheapest form of... 
Posted April 11, 2006 8:15:25 AM
German Game developer ISO also means "In search of" 
Posted April 7, 2006 12:07:53 PM
New Contest in search of Sponsorships DOH!!!! (fixed the link!!!) The new contest is goign to be about shmups but the theme has to involve the player using a dragon. There will also be other theme related elements but the gameplay mechanics wont be limited. 
Posted April 7, 2006 9:02:15 AM
Horizontal Shooter with BOSS Competition Results are IN!!! Yeah the competition is great!! Be sure to play some of the other games too as most were pretty good IMHO. 
Posted April 4, 2006 9:25:36 AM
My FIRST Ever Game!! Ace of Bases 1.0 Thanks for playing man! :D I'm thinking about adding a few more things to the game, not sure if I will though! 
Posted April 4, 2006 9:25:07 AM
My FIRST Ever Game!! Ace of Bases 1.0 * Increased Machine Gun FireRate * Changed levels a bit * Added GamePad Support * Added Source Code ( www.shmup-dev.com/AOB/AoB_src.zip ) Redownload at the same link as provided on the first post in this topic or: www.shmup-dev.com/AOB/AoB... 
Posted March 29, 2006 8:09:19 PM
My FIRST Ever Game!! Ace of Bases 1.0 I saw the sign... LOL Thanks guys :D I'm getting the most feedback here and I'm glad people are playing it and stuff.. Well, the game took me a few minutes over 23 man-hours to design. 
Posted March 29, 2006 1:47:55 PM
View All Replies Made By This User