Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know stein...  
Full Name Stein Nygård
Nickname stein 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://steinware.dk 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Software Engineer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1043  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/26/2003 9:52:56 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
ToyRacers Hey! I've just uploaded a beta version of my latest project - ToyRacers. Get it here. I've decided to make the game "donate-ware" :) I hope you like it! Let me know what you think... Enjoy! best regards, Stein Nygård 
Posted February 28, 2009 7:15:49 AM
ToyRacers Hey all. Some screenshots of my current game project. It's a racing game... Always is with me, hehe. I plan to release the game for Windows, MacOSX and possibly Linux. The game uses OpenGL (with GLSL-shaders). I used SDL for input and wind... 
Posted March 16, 2008 7:58:01 PM
ToyRacers early beta Hey everyone... Getting closer to a final version of my upcoming game, ToyRacers. Still needs "some" work obviously :) I hope to receive some feedback on the look and feel of things. And ofcourse, catch any major issues early in the proce... 
Posted September 9, 2008 5:27:13 PM
launching the default browser Hey all... How would you launch a given website, in the default browser, from C++? 
Posted February 9, 2005 7:02:08 AM
specific files in release? Hey all! I have some cpp-files, in which I have a some code that uses a lot of time. It's _alot_ faster in release, and since I never need to debug these files, I was wondering... What should I do, so that these files are compiled as in release, e... 
Posted November 9, 2004 9:15:52 PM
glMultMatrixf performance? From: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=281360 Quote:Original post by hoLogramm ...glTranslate*, glRotate* and glScale* Functions. They might seem to create overhead but they are much more efficient than a single call to... 
Posted November 8, 2004 5:53:43 AM
NapkinRace - free full and final I’ve just released the final version of my latest game, NapkinRace. Here’s some info from my site: Get ready for your first race... on a napkin! Race up to three of your friends in splitscreen, challenge a buddy across your netwo... 
Posted April 27, 2003 11:42:09 AM
adding an icon Heya... I’m using MS VC++ 6.0, and I’m wondering: How can I apply an icon to my executable? 
Posted March 8, 2003 3:52:34 PM
NapkinRace Get ready for your first race... on a napkin! Race up to three of your friends in splitscreen, challenge a buddy across your network or try against up to four computer opponents. Choose from two gamemodes: checkpoint race [made with needles] and... 
Posted February 24, 2003 3:15:54 PM
GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE... doesn't look right! Heya... On my first textureunit, I have a simple checkerboard-texture, and on the second I’m using GL_TEXTURE_COMPARE_SGIX (which ofcourse results in a bw-kinda-texture. Now, what I want is this: Where the 2nd unit is white: Do NOTH... 
Posted February 21, 2003 10:18:53 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Questions on Terrain Rendering The size of your heightmap has nothing to do with the 'physical' size of your terrain - except that you usually need a higher resolution heightmap for large terrains. But again, this only applies if you need to view the terrain 'close'. It's... 
Posted July 22, 2009 12:55:45 AM
Rotated/Translated objects and Tangent Space bump-mapping You should use the inverse of your model matrix. I think there's some naming-confusion in your shader? // Used for converting to model space mat3 modelToWorldMatrix; Anyways... The model matrix (which should be called something like... 
Posted July 13, 2009 11:45:53 PM
What the heck? (SM issue) Did you do like this? RENDER_gamescene(){ glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB); glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); for(x;;;){ glPushMatrix(); glTranslatef(x,y,z); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D,TEXTURES[x].data); renderobject(x); glPopMatrix(); }... 
Posted July 13, 2009 3:09:35 PM
What the heck? (SM issue) You should bind your diffuse textures to a different texture unit than your shadowmap. I think that should help :) Put a glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB) in your rendergamescene. But there seems to be some confusion, judging by your function n... 
Posted July 13, 2009 2:47:09 PM
OpenGL - problem drawing both 2D and 3D Quote:Original post by Badgerr The only problem I can see is this: *** Source Snippet Removed *** Should be the other way around, I think :) 
Posted March 30, 2009 7:37:31 AM
optimizing for multiple shadow maps Quote:Original post by cherryyosh I more the likly will add frustum culling later, but right now it would be pointless, so I am looking for other ways to optimize drawing the shadows to the scene. If it's pointless to add frustum culling, then wh... 
Posted March 13, 2009 4:38:59 AM
Thread safe console output Let's agree to disagree then :) 
Posted March 13, 2009 4:38:02 AM
Thread safe console output Quote:Original post by Numsgil Quote: Besides, I'd consider this sort of a deroute. Why not create an 'output'-class, and pass it to your tests? This output-class (interface) could have various implementations. One that logs to a console, ... 
Posted March 13, 2009 3:22:02 AM
optimizing for multiple shadow maps Quote:Original post by biraneto Sorry... I thought your scene was something like an open area with trees, etc. Frustum culling is only usefull if you are not looking the whole thing all the time. Well, when using multiple shadowmaps, then th... 
Posted March 13, 2009 3:08:03 AM
Thread safe console output Between storing 'string temp = output' and 'output = ""', a message could be written into output - and thereby be lost. Not threadsafe. Besides, I'd consider this sort of a deroute. Why not create an 'output'-class, and pass it to your tests? Th... 
Posted March 13, 2009 2:48:18 AM
View All Replies Made By This User