Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Nacho...  
Full Name Ignacio Liverotti
Nickname Nacho 
State/Province, Country Distrito Federal   Argentina
GD Gathering City Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.linkedin.com/in/ignacioliverotti 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Teaching Assistant & Developer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1070  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/10/2001 5:07:41 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Atmospheric effects without using shaders Hi! I'm developing an iPhone game in an outer space setting where I have the following two graphical requirements: 1) I need to render the Earth as seen from outer space (including the "atmospheric glow" effect). Something similar to this: ... 
Posted July 30, 2010 9:51:12 AM
Space Program Manager Space Program Manager (SPM) is a project I've been working on during my spare time since mid 2007. It's a turn-based simulation game targeted at both desktop and mobile platforms where the player takes the role of Director of a fictional nation'... 
Posted March 15, 2010 3:18:05 PM
[C++] Ambiguous call to overloaded funcion (getline) Hi! I've the following piece of code: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> using std::ifstream; using std::ofstream; using std::string; using std::getline; int MissionInProgressT::Read(std::ifs... 
Posted January 28, 2010 4:34:22 PM
CD contents for ShaderX 2 Hi! I've been looking for the CD contents for both ShaderX 2 books (the ones that were released for free last year) but I cannot find them anywhere on the net. Does anyone know where can I get them? Thanks in advance for your reply! -... 
Posted August 18, 2009 9:01:58 AM
Flip Disc Lite for iPhone OS After one month of being available on the App Store, I decided to release a lite version of Flip Disc, appropriately dubbed "Flip Disc Lite" [lol] Flip Disc is a puzzle game that borrows certain game mechanics from Tetris and puts them i... 
Posted April 30, 2009 11:16:15 AM
Flip Disc for iPhone/iPod Touch Hi! Three months ago I released my first commercial game targeted at both PocketPC/Windows Mobile and Windows Desktop platforms (see this link for the IOTD that I posted back then). After a couple of months in development, the game is now availabl... 
Posted March 23, 2009 7:35:14 PM
Getting serious about graphics programming Hi! During the last few years I've done some graphics programming related projects (eg. a 3D software rasterizer using SDL and a raytracer for a "Computer graphics" course at Uni) but since school kept me quite busy I was never able to work that much... 
Posted February 23, 2009 10:45:59 AM
No match for functions calls with default arguments Hi! I've just got a mac book yesterday and I'm trying to port a PocketPC game I made to the iPhone. The game uses the EDGELIB library, which provides a common interface for PocketPC, iPhone and a whole bunch of other devices so all I need to do to bu... 
Posted January 23, 2009 6:12:56 AM
Flip Disc from Polar Motion Hi! I'm posting a few screenshots of Flip Disc, my first commercial game. Flip Disc was a hobby project I did back in 2003 in DirectX 6 while I was taking the introductory course for university (you can see a screenshot of my pretty bad programmer ar... 
Posted December 28, 2008 12:03:43 AM
EULA for a small indie game Hi! I'm about to release my first commercial title, which is a puzzle game that will be sold through my own website. I've been searching extensively here at the gamedev.net forums and the indiegamer forums but I still cannot determine if it's complet... 
Posted December 23, 2008 7:20:17 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Conlan's Claim Very nice! Congratulations! 
Posted October 15, 2010 7:31:41 AM
Atmospheric effects without using shaders Sorry for my late reply. Thank you all for your advice. I'll see what I can do based on your suggestions. Cheers, --Nacho 
Posted August 8, 2010 9:33:21 PM
Atmospheric effects without using shaders Thanks for your replies! @DWN: Yes, I can totally fake it, as long as it looks neat. How would you implement the atmospheric halo around the Earth? I thought about rendering an impostor with a glow image between the camera and the planet. Does it... 
Posted July 30, 2010 12:30:02 PM
Psychoban - Lunacy guaranteed! Congrats! It looks really good! --Nacho 
Posted June 30, 2010 6:10:11 AM
Air Aces: Pacific final graphics. Congratulations! It looks really good! 
Posted May 4, 2010 6:59:36 PM
New in games Quote:Original post by nachofrades The project is not commercial, I only want to walk in a scenary... I model the buildings and I paint the color and light, it's like a model of a scenary handpainted to walk for... nothing more... I understa... 
Posted April 4, 2010 9:17:04 PM
New in games Quote:Original post by nachofrades Many Thanks! i'm looking it and seems to be interesting, but I need more options... is unreal too big for me? I will use a minimal part of it... I don't have experience with Unreal myself but bare in mind that,... 
Posted April 3, 2010 9:20:05 PM
New in games Hello Nacho, welcome to gamedev.net! Take a look at Unity, which is a very nice visual tool that I believe suits perfectly to the kind of work you want to do. There's a free version available for download which will cover everything you'll need. ... 
Posted April 3, 2010 7:57:40 PM
Space Program Manager Once again, thanks for all your kind comments! Quote:Original post by Ohforf sake Looks great! Will the release still have those original black and white pictures and designs or anything else in the same style? No, my plan is to use col... 
Posted March 22, 2010 9:07:04 PM
Space Program Manager Quote:Original post by BLiTZWiNG What is the font you're using for your main text? It's exactly the same as the font in Star Wars: Galaxies, but I don't know what the name is. Hi BLiTZWiNG, the font I'm using is Tahoma Bold (with a size of 8). ... 
Posted March 16, 2010 9:45:41 PM
View All Replies Made By This User