Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know BornToCode...  
Full Name  
Nickname BornToCode 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1084  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/18/2004 12:30:02 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Class with parameters crash on Iphone Classes that have a contructor that uses parameters crashes when you initialize the object with that constructor on the Iphone. It use to work on the previous version of angelscript. 
Posted August 20, 2010 2:16:13 AM
How to get Class Variables in script. The GetTypeIdByDecl only returns class which i register. This is what i am trying to do. I Have an SpriteInterface class which i register with the scripting system. Then in script i do that. class Mouse:SpriteInterface { }; //Now in C++ w... 
Posted July 20, 2010 12:28:39 PM
This is really weird. I have a script that is currently running, then i have another context which is used to create class which each object holds the memory reference too. Now everything works. When i create an object i get the pointer back. But imediately after calling... 
Posted July 27, 2010 12:46:24 AM
How to allocate an runtime object. I have an script that is currently running. I have an function which takes a string Sprite.RegisterLogicClass(string name); Now this class supposed to fire the Factory function for the class name i pass to it. The problem i am having right now is... 
Posted July 22, 2010 1:38:48 PM
C++ game engine running in a Browser Does anyone have any link or idea how this is done for Unity as a example. I have an engine which i already have that runs offline. I would like to add the ability to let people play the game using a web browser instead. That way they do not need to... 
Posted April 25, 2010 4:37:19 PM
My Fault. Sorry about that. On the iphone thread when i mention i got angelscript to work. I just notice that it only works in AS_MAX_PORTABILITY which means that all my functions need to be created using the asCALL_GENERIC. So i just wanted to clear that out. I try to cha... 
Posted August 19, 2009 8:10:59 PM
asIScriptEngine::RegisterObjectType Issue on Mac On Mac when i use the offset macro with RegisterObjectProperty i am getting this warning that says:"invalid acccess to non static data member Emotion2D::ActorProperty::script of NULL object.(perhaps the "offsetof" macro was used incorrectly" Now that... 
Posted August 24, 2009 5:39:59 AM
AngelScript Configuration. I know if i precompile my script on a windows box that it does not work when i try to reload that script on mac or iphone. But if i precompiled them on the mac everything works. What i want to do is be able to use my game editor o... 
Posted August 20, 2009 10:16:27 PM
Saving and Loading byte code The question i have is that, i was wondering is there a way i can save the compiled byte code once. Then for every object that needs that script, can just load the byte code directly. That way i can prevent the overhead which is cause by the scr... 
Posted August 14, 2009 12:50:46 AM
UV Atlas Scrooling I have a Texture Atlas, which i have a section of it attached to a Quad. I wanted to know if there is a way i can scrool the texture on the quad without actually viewing the other section of the atlas. Right now when i scroll the uv i can see th... 
Posted July 1, 2009 9:51:45 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Linux use and development, finally... I am kind of surprise that no one mention CodeLite. I actually use codelite at work for ubuntu. 
Posted December 19, 2010 2:03:49 AM
2D and rendering order You will need to draw non opaque object first. Then Draw opaque object back to front. 
Posted October 29, 2010 4:03:15 PM
Trying to make object event callbacks. The container is definitely the way to go. In my engine i am doing something similar where Sprite Object are the containers and they holds an reference to the Object. So in my script, i just typecast to the proper object depending on the type it... 
Posted September 16, 2010 5:44:23 PM
Class with parameters crash on Iphone Sure. The problem is that by default the settings for the Iphone is not set to be used as MAX_PORTABILITY, so it tries to register the function using Native instead. But the Native code for functions on the iphone does not work so that is why it... 
Posted August 20, 2010 8:33:15 PM
Class with parameters crash on Iphone Forget it. I fixed the problem 
Posted August 20, 2010 3:35:22 AM
Class with parameters crash on Iphone Oh i am sorry the problem is not that class constructors is craching on Constructors. The Problem is actually in the string class obj in the add on itself. I am using MAX_PORTABILITY on the Iphone and when i set one string=string2... 
Posted August 20, 2010 3:27:37 AM
This is really weird. It works now. But this is what i did. @WitchLord let me know what you think. You script each script individually and when you are done and you save your map, it creates an script called main.as with all the other scripts included in it. Now the engi... 
Posted July 28, 2010 3:24:47 PM
This is really weird. I think i might have though of a solution. I will try to implement at home and let you know what my results are. 
Posted July 27, 2010 6:28:21 PM
This is really weird. After doing more test, i can see that reason it is not working is because of the different modules. So can you tell me how i can get one module to comunicate with another and be able to do the cast which i want to do. It just makes no sense not... 
Posted July 27, 2010 3:03:34 PM
This is really weird. I am sorry, it is just that i got so upset,because this is stopping me from finishing my game. Ok here is a step by step of what i am doing I have Interface called SpriteInterface which i registered through the application. Now all my script objec... 
Posted July 27, 2010 1:31:23 PM
View All Replies Made By This User