Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know falkone...  
Full Name  
Nickname falkone 
State/Province, Country PA   United States
GD Gathering City Allentown, PA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL www16.brinkster.com/falkone/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1229  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/29/2002 7:40:41 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Color Palette Representation In creating an interface for a color picker for a program, I want to implement a method (or multiple methods) that would give the end user the greatest ability to choose the color they want. Right now I've got specification via numerical RGB and Hex... 
Posted November 4, 2004 5:25:14 PM
Ladder 49 Any of you seen it or plan on seeing it? I got out last night to see it with an EMS buddy. Other than being rather depressing, the movie was excellent. What do you guys think? 
Posted October 10, 2004 6:47:14 PM
Notifying an administrator Not sure if this has been brought up, so... Would it be reasonable to have a system where a user can 'flag' a thread to bring something to the attention of an administrator. If something like this happens, the solution should to notify the modera... 
Posted September 26, 2004 5:58:58 PM
XFree update help Please bear with me, as I'm not an avid user of Linux. I recently attempted to update XFree86 on a laptop running RH Enterprise 3. Xfree seemed to install ok. The grahpical Red Hat login screen appeared normally. I was relived to find that... 
Posted September 20, 2004 4:17:20 PM
Final Release of Asteroids Game GD Showcase Entry Just wanted to let you know that I've completed my work on my Asteroids game (By that, I mean that I've stopped working on it whether or not it's really complete). There's a list of things that I thought might be nice... 
Posted September 15, 2004 7:23:06 PM
GD Showcase Game Ratings It occured to me that while number of downloads can be an indication of a game's quality, it is most often not. Would it be unreasonable for users to be able to rate the games much like they rate users? This way, when the showcase begins to grow (a... 
Posted August 26, 2004 9:15:57 PM
Musikfest Anyone been to or going to Musikfest in Bethlehem, PA this year? 
Posted August 9, 2004 12:47:04 PM
Recursion and Memory Problems I couldn't sleep last night, so I had the bright idea of using the win32 api to make a little index of files (from which I could later make comparison's via checksums and such..). Getting it implemented was simple enough.. I use FindFirstFile() and... 
Posted August 5, 2004 8:02:35 AM
Driving Music Suggestions In about a week I'm going on vacation to South Carolina and.. I've got a 12 hour drive ahead of me. What I'm looking for is some good driving music (techno-ish?) OR some good 70's rock / pop. The purpose of the 70's rock is to entertain me as... 
Posted August 5, 2004 2:09:14 AM
Self-sustaining Game Servers This thread is meant to start a discussion of self-sustaining game servers. By self-sustaining, I mean a way to support a game server continuously purely through profits gained from the game server or from the game itself, without (directly) chargin... 
Posted July 13, 2004 5:03:36 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
The Army of One! To a point, I agree. However, I think that the one-man-army is a common fantasy that people love to play out. I think there have been a good number of more realistic games out there, particularly the rainbow six and ghost recon series. Th... 
Posted August 15, 2007 1:59:59 PM
What was the first platform you started gaming on? For me, it was my parents' C64. Spiderbot and Wolfenstein were my favorites. My first 'real' video game system was then the Sega Genesis when I was 8 years old. 
Posted August 15, 2007 1:51:10 PM
1337 Family At the expense of looking like a fark thread.. / Looks like 2/5 1337 and 3/5 lolanimals // oh crap.. i'm doing slashies. 
Posted August 12, 2007 6:11:41 PM
Curves I would look at splines. NeHe has an excellent OpenGL tutorial on bezier patches. B-Splines, specifically, may be what you're looking for. 
Posted August 12, 2007 5:04:30 PM
open rpg in deserts? I'd imagine that unique content would be essential to keeping the player interested. As far as quests, I would advise against randomly generated ones. If a player repeatedly runs errands, or destroys a settlement of X bad guys, or other... 
Posted August 12, 2007 4:58:21 PM
Shoot em up 'on rails'....does no one else like them? I must say that I have had a whole lot of fun playing the shooter portions of Rayman: Raving Rabbids for the Wii. I was even more obsessive with games like Crypt Killer, Virtua Cop, and Area 51 back on the Sega Saturn (to the point where I coul... 
Posted August 12, 2007 4:32:50 PM
FPS camera movement (player leaning/steps) I would tie the horizontal and vertical movements to a sine function. That way, you'll get smooth, tweakable movements. e.g. gunOffsetX = sin(time_value) You merely increase the time value as the player walks, and you'll be able to have the gu... 
Posted August 12, 2007 2:25:30 PM
PHP/MySQL - Help with SELECT query I believe that a valid resource will be returned even if there are 0 rows. That is, mysql_query should only return false when an error (e.g. syntax, permission) occurs. 
Posted August 12, 2007 2:13:31 PM
Register to view game design forum? If we were also posting full code and assets, then I might be concerned. However, like code snippets and screenshots, I don't think there is any concern in releasing design ideas. Not to mention that the discussion of general game ideas is somethin... 
Posted August 12, 2007 2:04:50 PM
Plot 2d data Use something like this. glViewport(0,0,640,480); glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); glLoadIdentity(); gluOrtho2D(0,1000,0,1000); If you want it to take only the upper-left quarter of the screen you can use glViewport(0,0,320,240);... 
Posted July 30, 2007 11:01:41 PM
View All Replies Made By This User