Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Jaapio...  
Full Name  
Nickname Jaapio 
State/Province, Country Gelderland   Netherlands
GD Gathering City Apeldoorn, Gelderland, Netherlands
Contact Info
Homepage URL - 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 993  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/17/2005 4:44:14 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
3D rendering api for mobile devices Hello, For school we have to build a game for a embedded device(a phone, proberatly emulated too), I want to do a simple street fighter clone with atleast a simple 3D environment, the characters can be sprites. My question is, are there any goo... 
Posted September 25, 2007 9:00:56 AM
problem with texcoords (using multiple buffers) Hi, I am trying to render a mesh using two buffers, one of the vertexes the other for the uv coords. http://www.jaapvanderwulp.nl/tech/doom3.jpg This is my code but as you can see in the image, it does not work. Could it be that dire... 
Posted June 10, 2007 6:32:09 AM
Code monkey(video)! Just ran into this funny video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqTaqVi9J8k&NR=1 and remember, Code monkey like you! 
Posted June 5, 2007 3:59:49 PM
water in openGL I just finished my water. But I think Im doing it wrong... Anyway, here is a screen shot. Ill post the shaders later on for the ones that are interested. Why is the max size 768*1xxx and not 1xxx*768 for screen shots? 
Posted May 11, 2007 9:41:26 AM
How to check virtual functions(vfptr) Like I said I have a new problem. I have a function that crashes when I try to execute another function in it. Example: class TextureHolder { LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE8 Texture; UINT Width; UINT Height; UINT Levels; DWORD Usage; D3DFORM... 
Posted December 16, 2006 6:50:38 AM
DXIntercept Yes, my DirectX clone of GLIntercept. Im currently working on a site on which Ill put information on how it works and of course you can download the application once I have a suitable version. But it does work! So stay tu... 
Posted December 6, 2006 4:11:47 PM
How to read vertexes from a vertexbuffer Hi, How do you get vertexes from an vertexbuffer in directx? Is it even posible? The reason why I am asking this is that I cant get my class for the vertexbuffer interface right. The entire thing crashes when the application executes DrawPrimit... 
Posted December 9, 2006 12:25:02 PM
DXIntercept Yes that is right, I have started my own clone of GLIntercept for DirectX (8). I have fully "rewired" the interfaces 'IDirect3D8' and 'IDirect3DDevice8'. More info comming soon, so stay tuned [:p] 
Posted December 6, 2006 3:06:22 PM
NMB file format (again) I saw some old threads about cracking the NMB file format for the dusk demo and I was wondering if anyone could post some sample code and/or info on the format. Greetz J. 
Posted May 6, 2006 10:16:50 AM
Buttons with an image Hi, I want to draw a button with an image on it, in this case the icon called ICO_J. prog.edit=CreateWindow((LPSTR)WC_BUTTON,NULL,WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 10, 10, 85, 60, prog.editfield, (HMENU)100,prog.hInstance, NULL); HIMAGEL... 
Posted October 30, 2005 9:25:08 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Geometry shader erases normals What does your videocard need to have for geometyr shaders? My video card's does not support glProgramParameteriEXT... 
Posted February 21, 2008 2:19:29 AM
Huge MMORPG Project How old are you? 
Posted October 10, 2007 3:21:11 AM
3D rendering api for mobile devices Thanks a lot, that is exactly what I was looking for! 
Posted September 26, 2007 3:17:09 AM
Need some help! Come on Loel, everyone knows that is a distributed modular checksum recomposer.(Duh). It looks like your ray packers are off, try checking the bit alignment, that should get it working. :D 
Posted September 18, 2007 9:17:23 AM
Arauna Real-time Ray Tracing Looks great, things have realy improved. Too bad the url is dead. 
Posted September 12, 2007 9:03:30 AM
problem with texcoords (using multiple buffers) Well I just found out that it isn't because I'm using multiple buffers. I put everything into one buffer and still the result is the same. On to the harder part. 
Posted June 10, 2007 9:58:07 AM
Spherical Harmonics Shadows Im glad I could be of any assistance. How is the porting going? 
Posted June 4, 2007 7:15:06 AM
water in openGL Here are screenshots of the water in action in a different scene. The same water, no changes. Removed the watercolor. Oops... Guess what I swapped and that something I cant calculate correctly either... [Edited by - Jaapio on May 14... 
Posted May 14, 2007 2:35:30 AM
water in openGL Quote:Original post by glBender Quote:Original post by Harry Hunt considering that what's below the water surface looks almost exactly like what's above it, I'd say your screenshot looks about right. You might want to change that though so you can... 
Posted May 13, 2007 4:00:47 AM
Spherical Harmonics Shadows Any chance we can get an executable? Id like to see how it runs on my pc 
Posted May 12, 2007 5:20:29 PM
View All Replies Made By This User