Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Tape_Worm...  
Full Name Tape of Wyrm
Nickname Tape_Worm 
State/Province, Country Alberta   Canada
GD Gathering City Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.tape-worm.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Professional Toilet Cleaner 
Job Description I professionally clean toilets. 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1436  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/22/2000 12:09:59 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
[SlimDX] Texture.LockRect It's been a very long time since I've touched this stuff, so bear with me if this is a dumb question. I'm locking a region on a texture and attempting to dump an array of data into it. When I call the DataStream.Write(byte[], offset, size) m... 
Posted December 5, 2010 2:47:21 PM
New build of Gorgon available for kids parties and office functions A new version of Gorgon (v1.1.3436.39405) was released a few days back. It has the usual bugfixes and some new functionality. Go and download the awesome. Edit: Due to my stupidity, there was a nasty crashing bug in the previous version, I'... 
Posted May 28, 2009 3:49:04 PM
MRT issues I'm in D3D9 and trying to set up multiple render targets and I'm having a hell of a time. I can render to the first target at index 0 just fine, but the other target at index 1 just shows as empty. It's definitely clearing both targets, so I know t... 
Posted April 15, 2009 7:06:11 PM
[Updated] Gorgon v1.1.3266.898 I've made yet another update to Gorgon. A list of changes are located here. For those not in the know: Gorgon is a 2D graphics library for .NET 3.5 SP1 and uses SlimDX (Direct3D) to provide hardware acceleration for the graphics functionality.... 
Posted December 16, 2008 2:42:00 AM
D3D + Intel 945 - Display corruption? I got a bug report for Gorgon (which uses SlimDX and in turn uses Direct3D 9 - Nov 2k8) that claimed they were getting a corrupted display on their Intel 945 express chipset: They claim that the problem goes away when the device is reset (or... 
Posted December 2, 2008 5:03:05 PM
Gorgon v1.1.3246.24958 So I've updated Gorgon to version 1.1.3246.24958. You can see the changes I've made here and you can download it from here. For those not in the know: Gorgon is a 2D graphics library for .NET 3.5 SP1 and uses SlimDX (Direct3D) to provide hardwar... 
Posted November 21, 2008 2:19:53 AM
Gorgon v1.1.0.0 - Final Version 1.1.0.0 (Ionian) is now live. This is a final release version and that means v1.1.x is now out of beta. The list of changes are located here. Go download it and write something spiffy. 
Posted October 29, 2008 5:52:28 PM
Gorgon v1.1.x BETA - Now with more sass. I've updated Gorgon to 1.1.x and it's now in BETA. Give it a try and let me know what you think. If you find any bugs, please don't post them on this thread. I have a forum and issue page for those things. For those that aren't in the kn... 
Posted October 6, 2008 1:13:59 PM
Locking a dynamic vertex buffer... So I finally did some playing around with PIX today (yeah, I know I'm behind the times) and I found my library (which is for 2D stuff) is locking its dynamic vertex buffer more than once per frame and the number varies depending on how many... 
Posted October 15, 2008 4:12:35 PM
Gorgon v1.1.x beta Gorgon v1.1.x betaPosted by: Tape of Wyrm at October 7, 2008 2:35:00 PMThe 1.1.x version of Gorgon (aka Ionian) is now in BETA and is available for your criticism and general loathing. You can download it here. In case you just want to see it run... 
Posted October 7, 2008 4:35:00 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
[SlimDX] Texture.LockRect Yeah, I kind of thought that might have something to do with it. I just wasn't sure how the LockRectangle handled locking a specific region. Thanks for the reply. 
Posted December 5, 2010 3:51:20 PM
You see a C++ warning, what's your action? Quote:You see a C++ warning, what's your action? > Eat Rope --- That said, I'm of the opinion that all warnings are errors just waiting to happen at the most inconvenient opportunity (even if that's not the case). Paranoid? You bet your ass... 
Posted July 7, 2009 8:47:41 PM
What programming language is going to be used in the future of gaming with directx? Clearly the programming language of the future (for games) will be ALGOL. 
Posted July 6, 2009 12:53:27 PM
Temple 2 (16 bit hdr rnm) Tried to download the exe but it pops up with a "CRC error corrupt file" dialog when I run it. 
Posted June 29, 2009 10:27:34 PM
Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land Hey Drew, do you think you could change "... for .NET and Managed DirectX." to read "... for .NET and SlimDX."? The reason being that I think some people might assume it's using the original MDX assemblies when it's not. Thanks. 
Posted May 30, 2009 12:17:40 AM
GDNet at the Movies: Live Long and Prosper! I agree with Wavinator. It was a good action film but a good Star Trek film it is not. Others have explained why much more eloquently than I ever could. I found this "review" (more like a rant, but whatever) last week and I felt it echoed most o... 
Posted May 23, 2009 9:43:54 PM
The Daily GameDev.Net Quote:Original post by Promit Because some people might like to be able to get their stuff OFF the disabled RC. Fair enough. Mind you, even with a release candidate you're potentially playing with fire. Installing it on your primary machine... 
Posted May 7, 2009 6:39:31 PM
The Daily GameDev.Net Quote:Original post by nuno_silva_pt Quote: The fact that it will shutdown every 2 hours starting March 1st, 2010. And just when I though MS was starting to do things right. Well, it's a RC. Do you expect the OS to be free? They have to get so... 
Posted May 7, 2009 10:50:43 AM
[SlimDX] What is the proper way to determine that SlimDX is installed on a client? I usually check the registry to tell whether SlimDX is installed. The key I look in: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Assemblies\Global And the value(s) I check: SlimDX,version="2.0.7.41",culture="neutral",publicKeyToken="B1B0C32FD1FFE4F9",proces... 
Posted April 23, 2009 7:00:25 PM
MRT issues Quote:Original post by nuvem Quote:Original post by Tape_Worm I haven't got any shaders set up. Could that be the issue? Again, I've never used MRT before so I have no idea (I certainly didn't see anything specific in the documentation) That w... 
Posted April 15, 2009 9:26:18 PM
View All Replies Made By This User