Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Hazardous101...  
Full Name  
Nickname Hazardous101 
State/Province, Country CA   United States
GD Gathering City Claremont, CA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.codeplex.com/xengine 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/11/2008 1:01:26 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Variance Shadow Mapping for the X-Engine Recently while working on a project of mine, the X-Engine (http://www.codeplex.com/xengine), I implemented variance shadow mapping. I am happy to say that the results came out splendidly. This feature will most likely be available in the next re... 
Posted April 12, 2008 12:22:30 PM
XNA Space Rendering Engine This is a screenshot of the space/planet rendering system in an XNA space game I'm working on. The planets/sun use satellite imagery for their textures, and combine rim lighting, basic n.l lighting, and a glow/bloom effect to create the final re... 
Posted September 18, 2008 1:59:04 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Unnamed project: tactical survival shooter Quote:Original post by Heodox Quote:Original post by Hodgman Nice. For some reason it makes me think of Syndicate being invaded by Space Marines ;) That game actually looks quite nice, have to check it out! Quote:Original post by Hazardous101... 
Posted September 27, 2008 1:56:21 AM
Unnamed project: tactical survival shooter Looks a bit like a certain other horror shooter... One with assault recons.. and first encounters... 
Posted September 26, 2008 12:21:59 AM
XNA Space Rendering Engine I calculate a certain number of points on the orbit path based on the planet's orbit distance from the sun using matrices: float currentAngle = 0; int numPoints = 32; float angle = 360f / numPoints; float radius = 5; Vector3[] poi... 
Posted September 18, 2008 5:23:05 PM
Final Year Project Quote:Original post by animator Your photos made me think... Are there any commerical games out there that actually have reflections on the water? Thinking of games like Tomb Raider I don't remember it having reflections on the water. I su... 
Posted April 15, 2008 10:34:50 PM
Variance Shadow Mapping for the X-Engine Quote:Original post by agi_shi Quote:Original post by Neutrinohunter Without trying to sound like an ass here, the shadowing is completely wrong for the back of the object. Without trying to sound like an ass here, the shadowing is completely corr... 
Posted April 15, 2008 9:08:11 PM
View All Replies Made By This User