Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know SharkBait...  
Full Name Colin Vella
Nickname SharkBait 
State/Province, Country NY   United States
GD Gathering City New York, NY, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://tide.codeplex.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1039  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/8/2005 5:45:11 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
tIDE Tile Map Editor v1.0.1 Released Version 1.0.1 addresses some important fixes, and introduces support for the Tiled TMX map format (all data encodings supported - XVL, Base64/Plain/GZIP/ZLIB, CSV) Tile IDE (tIDE) and XTile are an integrated solution for building tile-based games... 
Posted August 25, 2010 12:03:21 PM
tIDE Tile Map Editor v1.0.0 Released Tile IDE (tIDE) and XTile are an integrated solution for building tile-based games using Microsoft XNA technology. tIDE is a fully-featured, .NET-based tile editor that allows level designers to easily create content for tile-based games. tIDE sup... 
Posted July 7, 2010 7:50:12 PM
New Arcade / Puzzle Game: Atomixer! These are some screenshots from Atomixer, a match-3 style arcade / puzzle game played in a hexagonal grid. There are two modes of play: Arcade mode offers open-ended playing getting progressively harder; Puzzle mode offers a series of levels tha... 
Posted October 27, 2005 12:24:10 AM
Atomixer Released! (uses Angelscript) I would like to announce the release of Atomixer, a casual / puzzle game that uses Angelscript to script game logic and puzzle content. Check out the game here: http://www.sharkbaitgames.com/ 
Posted October 23, 2005 5:21:40 PM
Best approach to detecting OpenGL? Background: I am implementing a 2D graphics rendering engine over OpenGL with a software fallback mode implemented via SDL. I am stuck however trying to figure out the best way for detecting OpenGL and using the software fallback otherwise. I've b... 
Posted August 16, 2005 11:27:22 AM
Blitting SDL + OpenGL screen surface to another surface I would like to blit my OpenGL-rendered screen as an SDL surface on to another (non-screen) SDL surface. Is this possible? If so, can you please give me some hints or suggestions to go about this problem? Thanks! 
Posted July 29, 2005 10:30:00 AM
How to pass const objects? I have a registered object entity (GameContext) that has getter and setter methods that accept a String type (registerd std::string). I had no problems passing non-const types. For example, the code: String URL_SITE = "http://localhost/sb"; Strin... 
Posted April 11, 2005 11:48:53 AM
How to use not operator? I'm having trouble using the logic 'not' operator. I tried looking up the docs and also had a quick look-around in the forum but I couldn't find any examples. I'm basically writing code as in the following: void myFunc() { bool b = false;... 
Posted April 10, 2005 5:44:50 AM
How to use handles Lately I'm looking into using object handles, however I am getting stuck trying to understand some notions behind the idea of reference-counted objects. I've pretty much been able to register AddRef and Release behaviours and by trial and error I... 
Posted March 29, 2005 3:19:20 PM
Compile Bug on use of void? I think I've found a compiler bug: When writing AngelScript functions, I have a tendency to explicitly specify that a function takes no arguments by using the "void" keyword, as in: bool InitialiseArcadeAtomSequences(void) { .... } Th... 
Posted March 15, 2005 3:48:49 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Overloading new/delete for certain sections of code. Quote:Original post by ddengster Is there a way to overload new/delete operators such that my portion of code uses the overloaded operators while the stl portion still uses the normal new/delete? You could in theory make your global delete operat... 
Posted May 19, 2008 11:15:13 AM
Infinity - Nebulae Brilliant work! Since you can render the nebulas from any position and angle, why not make a tool to generate nebula skybox textures? I think you can find a market for such a thing. 
Posted August 25, 2006 5:42:02 AM
NPC Movement and Script Implementation(2D Game) I think you have two main options for NPC scripting: 1) implement each NPC script as a state machine and have it run every frame (as suggested above), or 2) implement each NPC script as if it is a stand-alone sequence of events or decision tree a... 
Posted August 23, 2006 10:56:03 AM
Passing objects around With some good thinking, you can add AddRef/Release behaviour by binding a pair of global functions and leaving your classes intact. However, you will need a way to store reference counts for every object instance, perhaps via an associative containe... 
Posted August 18, 2006 7:32:20 AM
X-Moto 0.2.0 On a related note: http://www.motoramagame.com/ 
Posted August 10, 2006 11:12:22 AM
A suggestion... Witchlord, I have an idea of #include (or similar) directive. How about making it a hookable event? That is, allow the user to hook in a function for #include's and let the user deal with the source loading him/herself? Perhaps to avoid the notion... 
Posted April 30, 2006 5:21:20 PM
AngelScript 2.6.0 released Link Time Code Generation was not enabled (Default). I tried the other options but I couldn't even compile as I am not using code profiling. Anyway, AS 2.5.0 worked fine with VS 2005 with the compiler/linker configuration unchanged. But nevermi... 
Posted April 29, 2006 6:54:12 AM
AngelScript 2.6.0 released I set up a line callback function but it didn't give me any more information - it simply triggered whenever I invoked a script function. I did try placing breakpoints on the wrapper functions and Point class methods however, and those seem to in... 
Posted April 23, 2006 7:10:19 PM
AngelScript 2.6.0 released I'm using the Pro edition but as you said, it shouldn't make a difference in terms of compiled code. I'm using the statically linked version of AS so it should be using the application's heap. I'm also compiling with no optimisations. I've yet... 
Posted April 23, 2006 5:44:52 PM
AngelScript 2.6.0 released I checked your test code and it appears to match exactly with how AS is being called internally in my wrapper code. The error apparently occurs when some intermediate variable of type Point runs out of references and gets deleted. The deletion tri... 
Posted April 21, 2006 5:53:06 PM
View All Replies Made By This User