Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know a_bertrand...  
Full Name Alain Bertrand
Nickname a_bertrand 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.nowhere-else.org 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1056  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/5/2005 12:17:43 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
2.5D for Nowhere Else And Beyond Hi, I'm currently working on a Online Multiplayer RPG, which works directly on the browser (http://www.nowhere-else.org) After 18 Month of development which is done at the same time as the player are using the system, and after quie... 
Posted May 9, 2006 8:58:49 PM
Looking for beta testers of a small Windows Mobile game Team name: Not a team as it's single man project: me, Alain Bertrand. Project name: Rolling Cubes Brief description: The game will be a sliding puzzle like, where you need to put back the cubes on a cell of the same color (multiple solu... 
Posted February 23, 2009 5:42:14 AM
Released a simple Sudoku grid generator and solver (Open source) Hi, For those who wish to take a look at how a Sudoku grid can be generated in C# and / or solved: you can now download the source code (and all the project files VS 2005) for it: http://www.nodalideas.com/download/OpenSudoku.zip Or if you j... 
Posted November 7, 2007 6:03:41 AM
New web RPG maker After about 2 years of development of our own web MMORPG (http://www.nowhere-else.org) we decided to put parts of our game engine in the hands of nearly everybody. So we took our code, removed the look&feel of our game, removed parts which for the mo... 
Posted November 26, 2006 4:51:49 AM
I offer a: Simple path finding algorithm Hi, As the development of my own game is going on, I was looking for a small but yet working path finding code... which would need to be coded in javascript. So far I didn't found something existing, which was fitting the need, so I de... 
Posted August 16, 2005 10:51:41 AM
Artists/programmers needed to complete the team for a MMORPG -UPDATED- Project name: Nowhere Else and Beyond Brief description: Nowhere Else and Beyond takes place in a fantasy world where the Earth Gluers and Island Levitators are in a constant battle for supremacy over the land. Characters are encour... 
Posted June 27, 2005 10:42:42 AM
Nowhere else and beyond Nowhere else and beyond is a heroic fantasy MMORPG on a world where two main fractions are fighting an endless fight: the Earth glues and the Island levitators. You will be able to help one, the other or both fractions in some way. Of cours... 
Posted April 4, 2005 1:59:37 PM
Some one to help me with quests writing Hi, I'm looking for some people who could help me with quest creations on a heroic fantasy game. The game engine is fully finished, all the required things are working, and there is even player but quests are never enough even if some are alr... 
Posted April 4, 2005 8:16:46 AM
New free web RPG need beta testers Hi, I'm working hard on a brand new heroic fantasy RPG which will run fully within your web browser. No plugins needed, but it require a quiet new web browser (IE 6, Mozilla 1.x, Firefox, Safari OS 10.3 etc...).... I didn't tested Opera so le... 
Posted March 5, 2005 12:22:29 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Looking for beta testers of a small Windows Mobile game Build a Windows version for XP or Vista (with installer and un-installer). So those which have windows and not a windows mobile can help me debug it too ;-) Download link. The website still need to done. 
Posted February 26, 2009 10:39:11 AM
Help, piss poor perfomance with GDI+ I would suggest to check WPF as it will be definitively faster than GDI. Or you may directly "paint" on the memory of a bitmap and then put the bitmap on the screen in the paint event. That's the fastest way with GDI. 
Posted April 23, 2008 2:59:53 AM
Released a simple Sudoku grid generator and solver (Open source) Well, there is only 2 "solvers" which contain a bit of strategy. The two others are just brute force. Where one of the 2 brute force just tries randomly (and takes for ever) and the second one goes through it one after the other..... 
Posted November 10, 2007 6:51:15 AM
Released a simple Sudoku grid generator and solver (Open source) Yet another update... The last for today. I added another solver which seems to be able to solve any Sudoku, even the hardest one, and produce harder puzzle as well. So you now have 3 levels of puzzle generated. I'm still however not sure about... 
Posted November 8, 2007 11:09:51 AM
Released a simple Sudoku grid generator and solver (Open source) Ok updated the source code. Now the grid generator, puzzle generator and strategy are separated from the GUI, with a easy to extend "framework". If you create a new solver, you just need to extend the correct class and define one attribute and y... 
Posted November 8, 2007 5:38:24 AM
Released a simple Sudoku grid generator and solver (Open source) Well if I would really want to have a good Sudoku generator and/or solver I would need to implement quite a few strategy which I don't have yet. To do so, I would tend to create an abstract class "Solver" and extend it with the different strategy so... 
Posted November 8, 2007 12:12:21 AM
C# sux! Or I do? Didn't checked your code yet... But a little hint: if you are using multiple threads (which seems to be the case) be sure you handle correctly the data access over the threads, that means if a thread need to modify the data, use a lock, and use the... 
Posted October 17, 2007 7:57:29 AM
C#, sockets and cross-platform multiplayer? Depending of your needs (speed mainly), you may also check to use Remoting instead of directly coding with socket. I have a running project working on Linux for the server and windows for the clients where all the communication is done via Remot... 
Posted October 17, 2007 5:55:32 AM
Nowhere Else and Beyond Check out the engine page. To download the free 2D web game engine. Fully modular, requires only PHP / MySQL and Apache (can be run on your windows machine with XAMPP). Full source code and documentation included. 
Posted April 30, 2007 3:10:29 AM
2D Graphic artist looking for some project to work for. Hi, I can certainly use your skill for our 2D web MORPG. - We have realtime 2D maps (not the sort of map where you click and then the server send you a new image. We really have maps where you can walk over). - We have right now over 33k regis... 
Posted November 27, 2006 1:27:33 AM
View All Replies Made By This User