Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Zyndrof...  
Full Name Christoffer Lejdborg
Nickname Zyndrof 
State/Province, Country Sodermanlands Lan   Sweden
GD Gathering City Nykoping, Sodermanlands Lan, Sweden
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.lejdborg.se 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Webprogrammer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1042  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/3/2006 2:37:59 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
What power do Python posess as the programming language of a game? Hi there! After a while of using Python I have came to wonder what power Python really posesses in the art of game development. I have noticed that Python programs run pretty slow, at least the ones that uses wxPython. What kind of games can... 
Posted July 31, 2007 7:31:55 AM
Basic skills for a side scroller? Hi there! My short term goal is to create some kind of side scroller game in Python using Pygame. I wonder what basic skills are needed before atempting this task. What kind of programming knowledge/understanding do I need? How can I practise thes... 
Posted August 12, 2007 1:48:04 PM
Python/Pygame mentor? Hello there! I've been programming for about a year, and recently I moved into Python using Pygame. I have a lot of experience from web development, e.g. PHP, but little understanding of OOP. This causes me some trouble and I would like someone th... 
Posted August 3, 2007 9:02:10 AM
Why, oh why won't my sprite rotate? Hi again! After successfully viewing my sprite on the screen I go to the next step; to be able to rotate the sprite based on keyboard input. I have followed deviangels tutorial on rotating sprites, and I've checked my code against h... 
Posted July 14, 2007 11:56:55 AM
Python/pygame: Please review my code Hi! I just finished my first complete pygame application and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. But, I feel it loads very slow and before I start my next project I would like you to help me review my coding style and give some tips... 
Posted August 2, 2007 7:07:58 AM
Python: The variable's value changes back to default. Hi! Short question: I have a vriable defined on module level, in a function at the same level i have an if-statement that reads from that variable. When done I want the variable's value to change, so I set the new value and it works inside th... 
Posted August 1, 2007 10:07:03 AM
Free Python IDE? Hello there! I'm in the need of a free Python IDE that supports code completion or intellisence. I would like it very much if it supports extensions as well, like pygame and wxpython extensions. I have found great use of intellisence when programm... 
Posted July 31, 2007 9:20:34 AM
Problem with Pygame sprites Hi there! I have some problems with viewing a sprite on a black screen with pygame. I want to make a pacman clone as my first project since I belive it is about hard enough. I have two modules, one that creates the pacman and one th... 
Posted July 4, 2007 4:24:50 PM
XNA documentation? Hi there! Since in the C# workshop, we use the C# Language Documentation I was wondering if there is a similar documentation to XNA? If so, where can I get it? 
Posted July 13, 2007 9:07:45 AM
Database programming? Hi there! After surfing some open source databases lately I found myself very interested in knowing how they work, and create my own database environment (don't worry, I do NOT have plans on trying to create a MySQL clone). I just want to try... 
Posted July 8, 2007 5:53:56 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
First game, endless criticizm, hopefully 1 compliment :) One thing you should think about is using much more whitespace to make your code more readable. A very short example: class main(): def Main(): while True: print "Hello" class somethingElse(): def haha(): w... 
Posted August 8, 2007 3:15:47 AM
Python/Pygame mentor? Quote:How much do you pay? I don't pay you anything, I don't need the help that badly that I'm willing to pay a large some of money on it. But I do want to learn, and having someone to close at hand is great. I don't know yet how much I wi... 
Posted August 4, 2007 4:33:04 AM
Python/pygame: Please review my code Restart: I did a function for this that caused me some problems. When a user won, the game restarted after the 2 seconds I wanted it to, BUT the last selected field wasn't filled. So I diched that code, at least for now. About filling the entire b... 
Posted August 2, 2007 11:45:58 AM
Python/pygame: Please review my code Thank you! I will take that into account and rewrite the game so that it can have more than three rows. You could for example have four or five rows. 
Posted August 2, 2007 9:31:26 AM
Python: The variable's value changes back to default. Aha, I see. Thank you :) 
Posted August 1, 2007 10:50:09 AM
What power do Python posess as the programming language of a game? Well, I'm going to the university to study economics. The latest cutting edge technology is really not required. Programming is mainly a hobby for me. Therefore I don't want to learn a hundred different programming languages. I'm happy with o... 
Posted July 31, 2007 10:39:38 AM
Free Python IDE? I have set up Eclipse and it seem to work. But it doesn't get code completion for pygame. What do I need to set up for this to work? 
Posted July 31, 2007 9:51:18 AM
Video Tutorials help you learn Quote:Original post by Paige Hi, two quick questions. Are all these videos exclusively for C++? And they are C++-only, how hard is it to transfer your knowledge from a C++ video to C#? Thank you. ~Paige Check out the webcasts from MSDN. 
Posted July 28, 2007 8:16:46 AM
Why, oh why won't my sprite rotate? Well, I'm working mainly in PHP at the moment, so case-sensitivity isn't any problem. It's just that I have my own way of writing code, and function names allways start with an uppercase letter, whilst variables never do. 
Posted July 20, 2007 9:52:49 AM
Why, oh why won't my sprite rotate? Okay, finally I understand the use of self a little better :) Thank you. But this still doesn't make my Update function work. I tried to change the name of the Update function to update (with a lowercase "U") and it made my "game" work just like it s... 
Posted July 17, 2007 9:29:52 AM
View All Replies Made By This User