Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Iced_Eagle...  
Full Name Brian Hughes
Nickname Iced_Eagle 
State/Province, Country WA   United States
GD Gathering City Bellevue, WA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.digipen.edu 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID briguy992 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1166  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/13/2004 7:52:58 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Error calling C++ functions from Lua with LuaBind I'm tasked with implementing Lua into an existing C++ codebase. I've looked at Luna, Luabind, and tolua++ and I thought that Luabind was the most appealing choice of binding Lua and C++. After getting LuaBind all set up to compile and run, I'm hav... 
Posted July 28, 2009 3:42:37 PM
Integrate GCC with VStudio 2005? Hey guys, Does anyone have any ideas on how to integrate GCC to use as my compiler, and then use VStudio simply as my IDE? My school requires us to make the programs work with GCC (with -Wall -Wextra -ansi -pedantic switches if you're familia... 
Posted November 3, 2007 1:37:33 AM
Help with ezXML & VS 2005 Hey guys, I'm going to be messing around with ezXML ( http://ezxml.sourceforge.net/ ) for use with the C++ Workshop project. However, I'm missing some header files, and it's just messing up everywhere (yes I realize that this could be VS2k5's f... 
Posted August 28, 2006 10:06:24 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
VSync, Why would you turn it off? It's usually for when you are running below the monitor's refresh rate. With V-Sync off, you will get the image as soon as its rendered, which causes frame tearing. With it on, it has to wait until the monitor is done refreshing the image, which... 
Posted May 31, 2010 5:39:40 PM
Check out my ray traced images Very nice! However, as others have said, there does seem to be some inaccuracies in one of your math functions. Did you write them yourself? Are they properly accounting for floating point error? 
Posted February 13, 2010 9:01:25 PM
Questions about efficiently updating game objects in real time Something that the Source engine does is that within each object, they say when they need to be updated next. For example, the TF2 turrets may only get updated every 60 ms or so instead of every frame (@60fps = 16ms) trying to look for a targ... 
Posted October 21, 2009 9:40:59 PM
Error calling C++ functions from Lua with LuaBind Anyone else have any thoughts? The LuaBind email list wasn't very helpful either, so I'm thinking of switching binding libraries... 
Posted August 3, 2009 7:54:00 PM
Error calling C++ functions from Lua with LuaBind I changed the order so it loads the script, defines the func, and then runs it to no avail. I've even tried doing a vanilla "dostring" with also no results. I'm not sure that his final solution really works for me since I'm doing a global function... 
Posted July 28, 2009 7:19:01 PM
Error calling C++ functions from Lua with LuaBind Hehe, I did a quick sanity check by looking online for info (LuaBind only says it's for 5.0 so I freaked for a second), but starting with their 0.8 release, it supports Lua 5.1... I'll try emailing the LuaBind email list and see if I can... 
Posted July 28, 2009 6:40:25 PM
Error calling C++ functions from Lua with LuaBind I actually missed the luabind::open somehow (personally, I think LuaBind's documentation is fairly poor :\). I put that right after I init Lua and load the basic libs, but it still has no change (I did a full rebuild hoping it would work, but no dice... 
Posted July 28, 2009 6:12:54 PM
Error calling C++ functions from Lua with LuaBind Well, from what I looked at with Luna, you have to have specific function signatures (returning ints and taking the lua stack IIRC?). With LuaBind, you don't have to change the signatures, but instead just have to define the functions (which makes it... 
Posted July 28, 2009 4:58:53 PM
mutable vs const_cast I've only had one instance where I've used mutable so far. I was programmin a hash table container, and I created a Find function. Obviously, a find function shouldn't change, so the method was marked as const, as expected. However, with... 
Posted April 5, 2009 2:18:50 AM
Multiplayer / sockets Look at the concept of serialization, it will help. :) 
Posted February 26, 2009 5:20:28 AM
View All Replies Made By This User