Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Krokhin...  
Full Name  
Nickname Krokhin 
State/Province, Country Moscow City   Russian Federation
GD Gathering City Moscow, Moscow City, Russian Federation
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.aliotnew.narod.ru 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1079  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/16/2006 8:34:17 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Volumetric clouds - cumulus Fast,low quality mode -may be,suitable for games-see new screenshots & video [Edited by - Krokhin on June 7, 2008 11:38:45 AM] 
Posted May 12, 2008 5:43:25 PM
Lightings and rain Hi all. This a last screenshots and video from my "engine",recently was finished (in the preliminary form) such effects like lighting bolts and rain.Now this program has an appearance of screensaver,it takes a copy of desktop for ground surface,gene... 
Posted June 21, 2009 10:38:00 PM
About lighting bolts and rain drops Some time ago I've decided to make some nature effects in 3D,now work is in progress."Image gallery" part seems me more suitable for complete projects,and my question not concern to programming /3D /games directly , i.e such parts as "graphics progra... 
Posted June 6, 2009 11:00:54 AM
Our life-just level in game... Does someone here has such experience? It's rhetorical question,and you haven't write something here,just look at this funny video -rem. [Edited by - Krokhin on March 18, 2009 1:42:30 PM] 
Posted March 18, 2009 2:25:38 PM
Atmosphere demo ( Volume clouds II ) This is the 2nd variant of volume clouds. Works with ps2.0+ cards,still too slow for games,but quite enough for screen savers. ( ~10fps at p2.4 GF6600AGP ,R9600) Breaf method description: just a lot of planes. Effects used: - Colored... 
Posted April 5, 2007 10:12:42 PM
Volumetric clouds,next step This demo presents current version of volumetric clouds. Three layers of clouds used,thats why it runs more slowly (10fps at p2.8&R9600) Like a previous versions,application needs ps2.0++ cards with >128mb VRAM I made next steep -add screen dis... 
Posted February 24, 2008 4:33:27 PM
Cubemap bluring in realtime & simple radiosity I was going to present it a long time ago,and at long last found sources in old archive. This demo use cubemaps and shapes with corrected normals for radiosity/smooth reflections imitation. Rendering procedure for each mesh (exepting light-emissi... 
Posted March 18, 2008 9:47:50 AM
Camera demo Camera emulation demo,quite old... Depth of field / autofocus/autoexposure in my "engine". www.aliot.newmail.ru/CameraDemo.zip Depth of field effect OFF on default See short manual in readme.txt :)) Another feature- camera control/collisio... 
Posted November 14, 2006 3:57:28 PM
Volumetric clouds demo This demo presents the next version of my volumetric clouds (VC III beta): -one cloud layer(medium quality) -light shafts (lowest quality) -cloud-dependent hase -colored sky/fog (non-physical model) -terrain with automatical 3D-texture placeme... 
Posted November 23, 2007 12:27:14 PM
Volume clouds III alpha link to final demo post [Edited by - Krokhin on May 15, 2008 3:32:20 AM] 
Posted August 8, 2007 12:04:19 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
If the Koreans go to war, what will happen to USA economy? Quote:Original post by Zeraan If going to war with North Korea, with China backing them, I suppose this will mean USA might stop importing from China. But this will hurt China as well, since USA is a major source of income for them. I don't thin... 
Posted December 6, 2010 2:23:42 PM
If WW3 occurs within the next 6 months, thank WikiLeaks Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes Out of curiosity, define "legitimate". My problem with the leaks is that it's shedding no light on things to make things better. If this was released 5 years ago, then maybe 1 war would have been prevent... 
Posted November 30, 2010 12:32:53 PM
Do Europeans believe that the EU is wrong on their economy? Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes Could the Obama plan of "spend your way of the recession" actually be better than cutting down the deficit (however harshly)? I can see that with economic and job growth, more tax revenue will be used to pay down... 
Posted November 28, 2010 7:39:10 AM
Home made silicon chips! The most effective,chip-free technology for home animals motion control[smile] 
Posted November 17, 2010 12:01:56 PM
Is it just me? I don't thing that teenagers have a brilliant ideas.The true brilliant idea as usualn have a huge abilities for development inside and firstly common sence. The most powerful stage of human's reason progress is laying between 25 and 35. This is my... 
Posted November 14, 2010 6:21:11 AM
Home made silicon chips! Quote:Original post by SteveDeFacto Quote:Original post by karwosts In that case I think FPGA would suit your needs well. It won't run as fast as a custom silicon, but you could get something going at reasonable speeds. Once you prove your conc... 
Posted November 14, 2010 5:07:25 AM
Books about graphic programming Quote:Original post by Mihulik I know them and I use them. They're definitely useful but are they the most useful ones? I'm not sure;-) Why only ones? The head is also very useful thing[smile] I mean that all this books (Shader X... 
Posted November 11, 2010 3:08:39 PM
Books about graphic programming ...and don't forget to download DX SDK samples,tutorials and help,frely. One day(may be not this Christmas,but next) you will understand that it's the most useful thing[smile] 
Posted November 11, 2010 12:44:45 PM
Spare a moment for poetry! This final autumn - not a line, not a sigh. Final songs have fallen with the summer. A farewell fire of the epoch burns out, And we are watching the shadows and the lights This final autumn. An autumn hurricane swept jokingly away Everything... 
Posted November 9, 2010 12:47:51 PM
Walk Like An American? Quote:Original post by AndyEsser I'm not sure the Canadians will agree with you aboot that ;) In my sight one german speak louder that american and canadian together. BTW,I understand english speaking german much better than american. Or may... 
Posted November 7, 2010 6:52:37 AM
View All Replies Made By This User