Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Skawaii...  
Full Name  
Nickname Skawaii 
State/Province, Country UT   United States
GD Gathering City Provo, UT, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.skawaii.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID SkawaiiVA 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1019  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/11/2006 2:42:32 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
How do I break into the game industry? I just graduated college with a BS in Computer Science. For years I've been interested in getting a job dealing with game dev. As I've looked at jobs posted on GameDev and other sites, I've noticed that just about all of them are looking for dev... 
Posted April 30, 2007 1:16:38 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
How do I break into the game industry? Thanks guys. It's nice to get some perspective from people that are in the industry. I've learned a lot from what you've said. 
Posted May 1, 2007 12:09:06 PM
How do I break into the game industry? Quote:Original post by Promit What's with this obsession with "breaking in"? There's no wall between you and game development. Working in game development is like working in any other kind of software development (ignoring the pay and working condit... 
Posted May 1, 2007 7:16:30 AM
How do I break into the game industry? Quote:Original post by Isolde the best way to get a programming job in games is to be the best coder or software engineer (depends on the company to which you're applying) in your class at mit and at the same time not be cocky about it. Haha... 
Posted May 1, 2007 7:13:02 AM
How do I break into the game industry? Quote:Original post by Hodgman Basically, go research game development on your own, become as professional at it as you can without actually being "a professional". Working on your own projects is still experience. Yes, this is pretty m... 
Posted May 1, 2007 7:10:12 AM
How do I break into the game industry? Quote:Original post by SAE Superman Quote:Original post by chillypacman It doesn't hurt to bend the truth either, if you've had this super awesome idea for a game for the past 3 years and you develop it in 6 months tell them you've been working in... 
Posted April 30, 2007 11:55:13 AM
Unity 1.6.1 - A Better Online Gaming Experience Has anyone played around with this at all? It looks interesting. 
Posted January 31, 2007 5:57:09 PM
New Video Game bills on the way in the US Personally, I find the comments about TV violence as being less influential than video game violence (because you're just watching the TV and not performing the violence) to be a load of crap. I don't know about everyone else, but my thoughts are muc... 
Posted January 16, 2007 12:26:50 PM
View All Replies Made By This User